Fun Factory Cobra Libre/Fun Factory Charger?

I bought one of these for my boyfriend in the Christmas day sale but havn't told him yet. I've just taken it out the box to charge it for him, as usually most rechargable things need a full day's charge to keep the battery life up in the future. Read the instructions and they have said the first charge is to be for up to 12 hours, which is fine - i plugged the charger in the wall and stuck it to the toy...it's jumped straight to glowing red? I don't want to sound silly, because obviously it would have had a wee bit charge in it, but as per the instructions, the charger should be flashing red, and only glow when it's fully charged? The thing thats bothering me however, is there also seems to be a quiet, but high pitched whirrling sound once it's connected...this is my first 'Fun Factory' toy, so I was just looking to check if this is the same with anyone elses?

After reading MasqueradeMinx's review on the charger, it appears hers is a steady red light, turning green once fully charged? I may just be being paranoid and impatient; I could wait a few hours and see what happens, but I don't want to ruin the toy if the charger is doing strange things....

that high pitch noise sounds like the average transformer noise. it annoys the hell out of me.

I dont have that particular product, but if the plug itself is quite large, then i'd say it contains a transformer, or if its the toy, maybe that contains the transformer, but id find that weird.

if another reviewer says theirs is red then goes green, i'd say just leave it to charge and see what happens.

I have a funfactory cobra from last year and it flashes and then goes solid red when it's fully charged.

What does the light on the toy itself do for yours?

Can't say I've ever noticed it before with other plugs, but that's probably just me, not the most observant! Ach I'll just let it charge and see what its like in the morning! Thank you!

The light on the toy itself glows intermittantly, but dosnt appear to be in any sequence eg. it flashes twice, then not again for about 20 seconds, then once, and once again 5 seconds later, then a gap then twice, a second later again....now theres been a gap with no light for over a minute? haha Should it be doing that? lol

actually forget that i'm talking rubbish. I just went up and checked and the light on the charger stays solid and the light on the toy flashes.

Ahhh I seeeee! Thank you!! So does the light on the charger turn green when it's done, or is it the light on the toy that just stays on??

I'm just being impatient and excited! It's not even for me, I just want it to charge so I can see what the boyfriend thinks! It looks pretty good though, I'm thinking a few more of the funfactory toys will be finding their way to my house pretty soon!

I just got a Fun Factory Delight a couple of days ago and have been having a similar issue. I don't want to overcharge it and ruin the battery but it's quite confusing to work out when it's done! All the information seems to be contradictory, what little of it there is. The manual didn't tell me anything so I hunted online, and I've read 12 hours to charge, or 3 hours. I've read the charger blinks, then turns solid, or that it's steady red then turns green Maybe there's a couple of versions out there or something.

What I have personally observed, however, is that the light on the toy itself (on the control panel) blinks for a while, whilst charging, and then stops (well, it still has a very faint blink but not noticeable unless you closely peer). As this is the only change I've noticed, and the power seemed splendid when I used it, I'm assuming for now that's how it says it's done. Saying that however, the maximum time I've charged my precious for is about four hours, so maybe it would do something different after longer *shrug*

Fun Factory do make brilliant toys, I highly recommend them. Their silicone is the nicest I've experienced of quite a number of manufacturers.

OK... Didn't want to post aboiut tis but... I also bought a new FF toy in the Sale... and its not right. I think the Charger is not working. I do know how FF stuff works - I already have a Cobra Libre - I actually charged that to make sure I was correct.

The Charger should light up when plugged into the wall - LED on plug & FF Logo on the mag plug. My 'new' charger does NOT light up on the Mag Plug - my Cobra one does.

The correct operation during charging (for the Cobra - confirmed by actually charging it) is - initially Mag Plug will flash/pulse - as does the Cobra display. When fully charged, the Mag Plug stays on, & the Cobra display goes off. Simples. Fully Charged..! Nothing turns Green..!

My new FF behaves oddly - I am returning both toy & charger to LH ASAP. What happens is the Mag Plug is initially off, but lights when connected to the toy. The toy display then comes on. The Mag Plug does not pulse/flash - stays on, steady. The toy display is not consistant - I could be convinced it flashes, buts its irregular; then it goes off completely; then it stay on....!

Hope this helps.Rest assured that LH will fix it for you - but we need to wait until after the hols....

Glad im not the only one thats a little bit confused! I'm not one to charge on ahead then read the instructions a few months along the line when it starts playing up...but there does seem to be a couple of contradictory reviews/instructions etc that I've read so i'm just not sure! Thank you Strange Days - at least I know what it SHOULD be doing!

We've not had a chance to use it properly yet - however when switched on in my hand, it seems powerful enough, so I am assuming it's either still holding an original bit of charge, or it did bulid up some power when plugged in.....
We'll try it ASAP and see if I can let the battery go flat and fully recharge, if not, I have no doubt LH will sort the issue no bother, wether it is the cobra or charger! Thank you all for your help! Let me know how you all get on with your issues! x

@Kirsty_x - No problem, glad if it helps you... I have already had a response fom LH, re my problem. Will be posting mine off tomorrow, AM, once the PO is open.

Given LH usual speedy responses, I could well be sorted by Saturday, or Monday/Tueday.

I saw this in the sale and was thinking about buying one of these.. This doesn't put my off, but I was just wondering if anyone knew how big the product is as a whole, not just the internal diameter??

Going by the other reviews on the product, it wouldn't put me off either! It looks great and may only be a slight fault in the charger if anything!

I'll just measure it for you now -

Length from the 'FF' logo, to the opening, is roughly 15cms. At the widest point, (the end with the 'FF' logo) its about 7.5cm. The opening itself, about 5cm and the toy at it's tallest point, about 7cm. The actually area that would sit in the palm of your hand when using it, varies from about 6 to 7cms along. It actually sits really nicely in your hand, perfectly infact!

Thanks for the help. Thats smaller than I though it would be, for some reason I got it into my head that it was the size of the fleshlight.

I hope you get your sorted.

It's not as big as it looks. About palm size. It's very good though. I am over average size and it fits just right. It's bloody quick. Me and OH now have races, me cobra libra and her wand.
As for the charger. The magnetic clip is permanent red whilst charging. The plug has red light too. Not sure if plug changes colour when charged fully or not. Mine charged for 12 hours and seems to have took a full charge.

@Stuburns - The mag plug FF logo should flash/pulse when charging, then remain on, when fully charged. Thats what mine does - and i have had it about 12 months. Nothing changes colour - but the Cobra display will pulse when charging, and go off when fully charged. It doesnt take 12 hours to charge normally - perhaps thats just the 1st time..?

My problem FF toy (not Cobra) & charger are now with Royal Mail, hopefully soon to start their return to LH HQ, Bath, for a test and/or replacement.

I think I officially like this thread due to the fact I have a Cobra Libre coming to me in pretty much one week's time. The sound of a quick orgasm appeals to me. Probably won't happen. Always takes around 10-15 minutes for me to reach orgasm and... well... a couple of hours when using a Fleshlight. If it does do it for me, well... money well spent!

Strange Days wrote:

My new FF behaves oddly - I am returning both toy & charger to LH ASAP. What happens is the Mag Plug is initially off, but lights when connected to the toy. The toy display then comes on. The Mag Plug does not pulse/flash - stays on, steady. The toy display is not consistant - I could be convinced it flashes, buts its irregular; then it goes off completely; then it stay on....!

Oh no! This has me quite worried as this is pretty much exactly what my charger and toy does! I'm hoping it's just a new plug design or a quirk with certain toys (it's the Delight, I have) and that we haven't both got duds Can't wait to hear an update from you.

@Miss-Nomer - err, well.. guess which FF toy I have sent back....!! Yup.

Good news is that today LH received it - so hopefully more news tomorrow. Will post soonest.

Well... dissapointed. My faith in LH, now reduced.

Nothing heard - now 2 days since they confirmed return of my order. They have stock, according to the website. Difficult to undersyand why no replacement sent, or no news.

Hmmm...