Games suggestions please :)

Hello <3

I want to get hubby and I a game to play. He’s working new shift patterns thanks to Covid so it would be good to reconnect in a different way when he’s home. At the moment we’re both just exhausted when we have time off together as it doesn’t coincide very often.

So I’m looking for a light-hearted game that isn’t too complex or takes too much energy :joy::see_no_evil:

We’re fairly open minded! So any and all suggestions welcomed :slight_smile: thanks!

I’d probably go for something like Word Association, ABC of names, Chain Reaction or (not that i’m biased since i made this one) Rhyming round. Change a letter could be good too though we do occasionally get stuck and have to google weird words. Rate the Avatar below can also be fun. If like innuendos and straight up sexual commentary really there’s one called 5 Letters i think that could be good (i haven’t tried that one as sometimes stuff too overtly sexual squicks me out/makes me a bit uncomfortable).

Hope this helps, if you like the sound of any of these i can add links to the threads (though they’re easy enough to find in the games section)

1 Like

I quite like playing Uno, easy to play and doesn’t take too long to set up or play.

Although I enjoy Chess, haven’t yet managed to interest anyone else in the family to learn it.

Probably best not get Monopoly tho :joy:

1 Like

We’ve got a game called Acquire, where you have to build, expand, and buy shares for hotels (money making game), and it is vastly superior to Monopoly. :slightly_smiling_face: Only downside is it’s for min 3 players, so can be quite tricky if you don’t have have a ready third.

Fluxx is a great card game (there’s lots of versions, but the original is probably best to start. Needs a special deck)

I love the Discworld board game, though it may be a little too much depending on your board game skill level/interest in Terry Pratchett. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have a PS3 then Burnout Crash is a fantastic little game (available from the PS store). It’s really simple, and a lot of fun to take turns getting the high score/being better than the other player. :slightly_smiling_face:

The LH Fantastic Foreplay game is fun if you’re looking for something a bit sexier. We tweaked the rules a bit to make it more suitable for us, but there’s plenty of freedom to do that. :+1:

2 Likes

I looked at the poker game that on sale right now. I think this might be some light hearted fun that could turn into more.

2 Likes

Villainous is really good. It’s a little complex the first time you play, but once you get the hang of it it’s sooo fun, and you can play with just two of you

3 Likes

Quick update- opted for uno and dobble (Harry Potter version), forgot how much fun a good game can be! Thanks for all the suggestions :kissing_heart:

3 Likes