Getting the most from a first toy

Hello,

I am completely new to sex toys, and to these forums (heyyy)!!

I am a bisexual female, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting the most out of my first bullet vibrator?

I’ve ordered one, excited for it to arrive. Open to using it alone or with my partner (he’s been encouraging me to get one for years).

So what was the top thing you learnt from using your first toy?

5 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the forums and congrats on buying your first toy.

My top tips would be:

Firstly, when it arrives (and you have a moment to yourself but before you are looking to use it), open it up, if it’s rechargeable then stick it on charge, if it is battery operated, make sure you have a battery or if it comes with one, that the battery works. Make sure you know how to turn it on and off and how to change the settings etc. Basically just get comfortable with how it works so when you do come to use it, you aren’t having to figure it out/search the house for a battery!

When you are ready to use it, have it within reach but start by turning yourself on however you normally would. Once turned on then you can add in the toy. Keep it in a low setting and don’t go straight for the clitoris, play around with it on your nipples, labia and around your vulva generally, circle the clit, getting closer and closer to it. And just experiment with finding where feels good. Try not to think about having an orgasm, just focus on the pleasure and then you are more likely to orgasm. But don’t stress if you don’t, it sometimes can take our bodies a little while to get used to a new type of stimulation.

It’s entirely up to you if you would prefer to do this solo or with your partner. Both have their advantages. Solo means you can take the time to explore by yourself without thinking about your partner. Handing the toy over to a partner though can help sometimes help if you find yourself over thinking, as they will have control and you won’t necessarily be able to second guess what comes next.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for such detailed advice. I will definitely do all of these!!

1 Like

A good water based lube will make this type of toy more fun on the nether regions. Have fun exploring!

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Greetings and Welcome @CoffeeWineAndToys :sunglasses:

I cannot top the advice already given by @Calie but enjoy your new toy(s).

1 Like

Hellooooo enjoy your bullet

1 Like

Great advice from @Calie (as always :slight_smile: )

The only thing I would add is hygiene. My wife is super sensitive so we always wash toys before and after every use to avoid any chance of irritation / infection. She is very easily irritated downstairs,

You can never have too much lube too :lovehoney_heart: :lovehoney_heart: :lovehoney_heart:

Have fun! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

I am pretty new to all this too and went for a bullet for my first toy. I think Calie has pretty much covered it perfectly. I took a long hot bath so I was relaxed and just played with the settings and moving it around the general area. Make sure you have lube and use your cleaner. Just have fun!

5 Likes

The top advice from us is that every person is unique and has their own preferences for what they like and what they do not like

If you try something that you have read about (or watched in a video) and it is not feeling nice for you, that is 100% ok! :grinning: We’ve learnt this over the years and having the confidence to say to yourself “yep this isn’t for me” even if online other people are saying it’s amazing, that is definitely ok!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face: think the best thing from a first toy is you get to experiment and find all new pleasures that please you and the fun of the discoveries :smiley:

1 Like

Also try keeping your panties on and tickling yourself through them with the bullet. Should work for your partner too. :drooling_face:

My tip would be… I personally choose to use my toys in the bath… so I always choose a waterproof adds to the buzz… enjoy!

1 Like