Getting the pubes lasered

What was the aim of shaving before the treatment

1 Like

The laser is absorbed by the hair, making it heat up. You want all of this heat concentrated at the follicle where it will kill it. If you are not shaved the heat will be spread along the entire hair resulting in less heat at the follicle.

2 Likes

Shaving before - tip 2- It also reduces the horrible smell of burnt hair - doesn’t eradicate it, it’s just not as strong

Any update?

Yes, so I have another session booked in a few weeks.

It seems to have worked amazingly on my underarms after only one session, I have not had to shave and only seen a few hairs that were obviously missed on the first treatment.

For my pubes, the top has stayed pretty smooth already but my lips have needed shaving.

I’m very impressed so far after one treatment when 6-8 are recommended and normal for permanent removal.

My husband loves it and I have suggested he should go and get his done also.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I reacted when my wife got it done… I had the same treatment myself.
Note that a lot of hair will eventually grow back, but after around 5 sessions there will be very few.

Also, you mentioned there was no pain at all… They always use lower power at the start, to ensure you don’t have a bad reaction and also because having more hair follicles equals more pain. Also, they don’t want you to hate the experience and not come back. They will gradually increase power. If you are not feeling any pain tell your therapist and she will be able to increase the power to a higher level, giving better results quicker. Just don’t overdo it.

The reason so many sessions are needed is because any hair that was not in the “angen” stage will always regrow.

Thanks for the update.