Getting the pubes lasered

What was the aim of shaving before the treatment

1 Like

The laser is absorbed by the hair, making it heat up. You want all of this heat concentrated at the follicle where it will kill it. If you are not shaved the heat will be spread along the entire hair resulting in less heat at the follicle.

2 Likes

Shaving before - tip 2- It also reduces the horrible smell of burnt hair - doesnā€™t eradicate it, itā€™s just not as strong

Any update?

1 Like

Yes, so I have another session booked in a few weeks.

It seems to have worked amazingly on my underarms after only one session, I have not had to shave and only seen a few hairs that were obviously missed on the first treatment.

For my pubes, the top has stayed pretty smooth already but my lips have needed shaving.

Iā€™m very impressed so far after one treatment when 6-8 are recommended and normal for permanent removal.

My husband loves it and I have suggested he should go and get his done also.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly how I reacted when my wife got it doneā€¦ I had the same treatment myself.
Note that a lot of hair will eventually grow back, but after around 5 sessions there will be very few.

Also, you mentioned there was no pain at allā€¦ They always use lower power at the start, to ensure you donā€™t have a bad reaction and also because having more hair follicles equals more pain. Also, they donā€™t want you to hate the experience and not come back. They will gradually increase power. If you are not feeling any pain tell your therapist and she will be able to increase the power to a higher level, giving better results quicker. Just donā€™t overdo it.

The reason so many sessions are needed is because any hair that was not in the ā€œangenā€ stage will always regrow.

Thanks for the update.

I have done 2 sessions now and the for the second one the therapist did turn up the power. She was actually surprised that there was no pain at all but it felt fine to me, the machine has some cooling mist that maybe helps.

Under arms there was some hair that got missed on the first treatment but really not much growth otherwise. For the pubes, really nothing grew back other than around the lips but on top stayed smooth. Hopefully only another 1-2 treatments will be required.

I am very impressed so far and staying very smooth and not having to shave is great. My husband is very impressed with the results and I have convinced him to get his done also so he is coming with me on the next treatment in about a month.

3 Likes

You will need at least 6 treatments. Trust me. Most people need around 8. There will always be a few stray hairs, yearly top-ups will look after them. But the few remaining hairs are so few and far between that shaving once a month takes care of them.
And because they are so few, there is no stubble to speak of. Or razor rash/ingrown hairs/infected follicles etc.
As I said before, most people are put off because a course of 6-8 treatments takes around 12-18 months. But as you are seeing, the results are pretty instant because all the hair falls out after a week or two, even the hair that hasnā€™t been killed off permanently. It is basically the most thorough wax you have ever had (a lot of waxed hair actually breaks just below the skin, leaving the root to regrow in a few weeks. After laser, some hair takes months to grow back.
I donā€™t wanna rain on your parade, but donā€™t get too excited by the initial results, a lot of hair will regrow eventually unless you keep up the sessions. But with enough treatments it will eventually be mostly eradicated. Just stick to the schedule and you will never ever have stubble/razor rash. Just a few hairs regrowing between treatments.

I am glad its going well for you , and best of luck to your hubby, he will love it.

1 Like

I have a 3rd session booked in for later this week. My husband is coming along with me and I am very excited for him to get tidied up and smooth down there also.

2 Likes