Getting the pubes lasered

Well after removing my pubic hair for most of the the last 15 years and dealing with a pretty thick bush I have finally decided to get them lasered off! First laser session is this Wednesday so I hope this works well and it stays smooth down there permanently. Anyone had good success with lasering?

3 Likes

Bought a home laser for hair removal (not pubic) and it didn’t do anything sad to say

2 Likes

both myself and wife got professional laser hair removal (in a salon). Worked a treat.

Would be interested to know how this goes

I will update later this week for anyone with an interest in this.

5 Likes

I can write up a detailed post about my experience if anyone is interested

3 Likes

Definitely interested as me and the OH were only talking about this 2 days ago, we both love it smooth but she hates the constant grooming so would love a permanent solution.

2 Likes

Ok, firstly understand that there is a world of difference between IPL and medical grade laser. IPL is what you get with a home kit, and it doesn’t work. Most reputable salons use medical grade laser, but some still use IPL and the only good thing about them is the price. So check to make sure they use medical.

The laser works by being absorbed by the dark hair, this heats the hair follicle killing it, but only if it is in the angen stage of growth (your hair has 3 stages of growth, which is why multiple treatments are needed). So the darker your hair and lighter the skin the better it will work (they can use more power without causing pain).

Before laser, you will need to be fully shaved the night before. Do not shave the morning of treatment because the skin can be irritated. Be careful not to get any nicks when shaving. Also make sure your skin is not tanned, they won’t laser tanned skin.
You cannot take ibuprofen or antibiotics before treatment in case there is a reaction.

When u arrive they will leave u in the room alone for a few moments to prepare, that’s removing your clothes and using Wipes to freshen up. You will lie on the bed with a towel covering your privates. The therapist will only expose the small area being worked on at a time. Don’t be embarrassed, they have seen it all before. My first session or 2 she asked me to hold the towel over my bits while I held my penis up or to the side, after a couple sessions I was comfortable enough and didn’t bother with the towel.

The laser itself does hurt, it is like a snapping elastic pain, but is not too bad, certainly less pain than waxing. The initial few sessions they use lower power, then as the hair gets thinner they can increase power without any extra pain, because there are less hair follicles to absorb the laser.
Darker skin areas hurt more, like labia etc because the skin absorbs a lot. Tell your therapist if it is getting too much.
The machine blows cold air as it is being used, this feels great and lessens the pain.
Expect around 15 minutes for a full genital session.

Your skin will be red and slightly swollen for a few hours afterwards. Wear loose clothes and avoid exercise for the rest of the day. They will give you aloe gel to sooth the area.

Around 10 days later ALL the hair will fall out and you will be smoother then the best wax ever. A couple weeks later and very soft regrowth occurs, your second session follows soon after and repeat etc. So it doesn’t take loads of sessions to feel perfectly smooth.

Usually the first 3 sessions are monthly, then 6 weeks then 8 weeks apart. It will take 6-8 sessions, and only a few stray hairs will remain. These can be quickly shaved and leave no stubble due to how little there are.
Most people will need yearly maintenance top-up treatments. I didn’t bother with them, it takes me 30 seconds every couple of months to shave smooth.

Finally, research the place you are going, read reviews and be sure they are using medical laser.

Best of luck, I hope this helps. It’s the best thing I ever done.

4 Likes

Yes would love to hear your comments i have thick bush and just cheesed off in trimming it and waxing cost a fortune

A lot of people say the home kits don’t work, but it is down to the individual and what brand you buy.
I don’t think I am allowed to say the brand of the home kit I bought my wife but it does work. She had a very thick bush and now has a neat bikini line.
She also does her arms, legs and gets amazing results.

I also think the status of hair before the treatment depends on which place you visit, so I would phone them before you visit as some say you need hair to zap, so if you shave, you may waste a visit.
Like I said, everywhere and everyone is different. If you have booked it, give them a call and see if they want you to shave.
I know my wife doesn’t, and also no moisturiser before.
With everyone’s bills going up, I can see more people doing this from home and don’t like when people say it doesn’t work as it really does, if you do it right.

I have been wanting to have this done , but two things come to my attention . I am in the middle of deep tanning , so seems like a winter project and second thing is in my vintage age I have some white hair which is harder to do . Looks like magic shave powder will keep me smooth until winter .

1 Like

Good luck for tomorrow @luscious_laura and anyone else wanting to have Pubic hair laser removed. I’ve had full body laser hair removal and it has honestly been the best money I’ve ever spent and only wish I’d done it sooner.

It’s so quick and not painful at all (I may have a high pain threshold!) and I’m sure you will love the results! So smooth!!

1 Like

Professional laser hair removal can be quite effective in making hairs finer and lesser but you have to keep an idealistic mind in that it’s not gonna vanish in one or two sessions as hair has a growth cycle which means the laser needs to target them all at different stages.

Sadly home laser kits aren’t classed as effective methods to remove hair unlike the professional machines as the home kits are limited by safety regulations to the strength that is allowed to be used in a household environment.

The ones you get in clinics are mega powerful and used for multiple kinds of treatments.

1 Like

Please share the name of the ipl device. Lovehoney don’t sell them so I think its OK to share here

Is this ok @Lovehoney_Brenna ?

1 Like

Yep, we don’t sell IPL devices :slight_smile:

1 Like

The machine is by Bondi.

Here is a little article on it

I got this on offer for my wife and sh3 said it’s amazing.
I didn’t pay this price but she said she would, as it’s that good.

By having her own one, it fits around her busy schedule, so she isn’t having to take time out of work.

It’s very easy to use as I have had to help with areas which she can’t reach.

So quick update as I went for the first session last Wednesday. Shave the areas you want doing beforehand. Took all of about 10 minutes, actually less for all pubic area plus underarms. No pain at all which was surprising, laser equipment had an extra thing blowing cool air that was meant to reduce any pain and I assume it worked as I didn’t feel any.

Currently it does not look any different and they said it would be 7-10 days to see results. It seems about 6 treatments is the norm with many doing 8. got to wait 6 weeks before going back for another treatment.

1 Like