Girlfriend wanting a dildo

I joined the forums on suggestion of my girlfriend who posts on here and this is my first post.

Last year my girlfirend bought her first vibrator and has now asked if we could get her a dildo also. I was a bit surprised about this and wasn't as keen for some reason, don't know why but probably due to her using something inside. We had a talk about it and she is really wanting to get one, I didn't know why but after a while she admitted that she masturbates daily and has done for a few years. I had no idea she did it this much and this is way more than me!

I understand she gets horny and it makes her feel good when she takes care of herself so we are going to order her a dildo this week. Anyone got any recommendations for a realistic one?

Hey HubbyMike, welcome to the forums mate!

Welcome have fun, not got a dildo ourselves but am sure the lovely folk of love honey will have plenty of recommendations for you both

It’s not an uncommon thing for people to feel uncomfortable about their partner owning a sex toy of any kind but dildos do seem to be the category that causes the most conflict. From reading posts on these forums, the problem is that people think dildos are a replacement or that their partner will prefer the toy to them (particularly if it’s larger than them) but that’s just not the case. No sex toy is a replacement for the real thing and there’s not much difference between using a vibrator and a dildo in my opinion as they both provide sexual pleasure, just in different ways.

I’m glad to hear that she’ll be getting the type of toy she wants and don’t forget, you can totally use it as a couple if you’d like to be more involved. My partner and I use dildos together all the time and it’s great.

For realistic options I’d check out Lovehoney’s new Lifelike Lovers range. I would also recommend making sure you have a good water-based lube on hand as it is essential with any insertable toy to remove friction and make insertion comfortable!

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/lifelike-lover/

Hi and welcome.

We have one of the King Cock dildo's and think its great, Very realistic.

All the best with it.

Glass, glass, glass all the way buddy!

Lovehoney Textured Sensual Glass Dildo £24.99

Plenty of reviews - mine 16 Jan 2017

Embrace them, don't fear them.

Welcome aboard

Does it have to be a realistic one? Perhaps something not so realistic might be the way forwards if you have concerns.

I must insist on a metal dildo. We have used a few through the years but recently discovered metal and she loves it. Can be expensive but defdinetly a great investment

Hey and welcome aboard!
Definitely recommend glass toys a they are super smooth and feel great, but realistic toys I would say a king cock! They are great quality and cheap ☺️
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/king-cock/

Try and separate your head to realise it is just a toy and a bit of fun! ☺️

Hi there, you may find Lovehoney's dildo finder helpful:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/dildo-finder/

It is also worth bearing in mind that metal and glass dildos can be quite heavy and are very firm with no 'give'. So opting for something softer may be better for a first time dildo :) x

Scorpius12 wrote:

Hi there, you may find Lovehoney's dildo finder helpful:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/dildo-finder/

It is also worth bearing in mind that metal and glass dildos can be quite heavy and are very firm with no 'give'. So opting for something softer may be better for a first time dildo :) x

I agree with Scorpius, while I love glass dildos I would not of wanted this for a first time one, definitely something to bear in mind for the furure though

Wife wasn't sure about buying this but absolutely loved it so would recommend it - https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38287

A realistic dildo was one of the first toys we purchased as part of our resurgence of our sex life about 10 or so months ago, and we have never looked back.

We bought the LH lifelike 8inch dildo w/balls. Actual insertible is around 6 inch and girth is a healthy but not scary 4.75inch. We use this quite regularly as part of our lovemaking and this combined with the mantric magic wand is a sure fire way to give her some very strong (and sometimes very quick) orgasms.

We also have a glass didlo, about 8 inch long with a bulbous head (5.6inch dia), but she's not much of a fan, finds the smoothness of the glass does pretty much nothing for her, and if used for long, she finds it quite heavy feeling. Each to their own I guess, but she needs strong internal stimulation to get off.

Recently bought the King Cock 8 inch and its a far different beast, 8 inch insertible and 6 inch girth, she asked "what was I thinking" when ordering it, it is quite substantial. Bad timing with her cycle so have yet to try it in for size, but undoubtedly we'll have to warm up a bit first.

Doc Johnson range is very good....suggest you look at these. Make sure she gets the right size though! Also different colours can sometimes add to the excitement!