Girls rivalry

Syd wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Well I have big boobs, generally bigger than most but can honestly say I never look around a room and think "Wow I'm better than all these women here cos of my massive boobs" How strange would that be...

Interesting you describe them as "massive".

Maybe you don't need to look around. You just know!

Massive was just factual as opposed to bragging rights, lol, and facts are I don't think that all men are so shallow as to judge the 'best' woman on boob size haha ;) However I'm also old enough to not give a stuff what others judge me on, for if they judge me at all, that's their mistake and I'm better off without them ;)

I've got a great pair, my boobs. But I really don't give a fuck about anyone elses. My friends and I are normally too busy catching up to bother sizing each other up. Quite frankly in a public place we're more likely to comment on the quality of the men if we're going to say anything at all about the other people present.

I admit I often think other women are more attractive than me and envy them in that respect, or be envious of women who have partners regardless of what they look like but I NEVER judge another woman's breasts. I actually wish mine were a little smaller for the sake of convenience i.e. bra shopping.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Oh dear. No, I don't beleive this to be fact. And it should certainly not be used generally across the female gender. It is an incredibally simplistic theory and the way our subconcious, our brains, our instincts, our behaviour - the human - is far from as simplistic and basic as that 'theory'.

Neither do I. See I used the word theory.

I know its an incredibly simplistic theory.

It is a genuine theory by a girl I know. She said it one night in the pub. I don't remember how the conversation got there or where it went. But that little theory must have stuck with me, cos I don't remember why, but it popped into my head this morning. As I was having a nosey on here.

I just thought I'd throw it out there see what people thought.

For conversational fun!

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Oh dear. No, I don't beleive this to be fact. And it should certainly not be used generally across the female gender. It is an incredibally simplistic theory and the way our subconcious, our brains, our instincts, our behaviour - the human - is far from as simplistic and basic as that 'theory'.

I know I don't judge breasts or think "Hers are so much bigger than mine" when with a group of friends. And I don't judge breasts when amoungst women I don't know either.

However, if there is any truth in this at all, then I could really only believe it if it were an assesment of the entire body as a whole. I mean, a woman may weigh 25st, have rather unattractive features, but have very large breasts, but I doubt that an unattractive, obese woman would make other women feel as if there is much competition, as it were. And I am talking on the instictal, subconcious part of thought here. Likewise, a woman may have very petite breasts, but be very attractive with luscious hair and a figure to die for.

But still, this could not be all there is to it. Being single and looking for a potential partner could have something to do with it. The instintive part of us telling us we are up against competition. It could be our own insecurities which would be in the active part of our brains, which would cause us to actively and conciously compare ourselves to other women, whether they be sitting next to us or a picture in a magazine, on telly etc. It could be that a woman has a partner, but is aware that she is not his 'type' or having insecurities causing us to evaluate other women that come near her partner and can cause her to act in a defensive way.

I have no doubt there would be many other factors as well, but putting it as simply as "women secretly compare other womens breasts" has to be far from accurate!

All good.

Brilliant essay.

As long as your not "25st and unattractive". :/

I think some women do "check out the opposition" but not all. One of my wifes colleagues said "your rear is far too pert for a woman your age".

i don't spend my life in "competition" with anyone, least alone on some random physical trait

sweetlove666 wrote:

i don't spend my life in "competition" with anyone, least alone on some random physical trait

Think it applies more to the younger unnattached members of the world...I have heard a woman say it.

Mamanda wrote:

gunther wrote:

I think some women do "check out the opposition" but not all. One of my wifes colleagues said "your rear is far too pert for a woman your age".

love this!! gotta love women!!

It was a bit disconcerting for my wife....It was her boss that said it........not the usual university convo

gunther wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

Think it applies more to the younger unnattached members of the world...I have heard a woman say it.

I think it also applies to people who are not particuarly comfortable with their body image either - it's a subconcious way of putting yourself down if you are always noticing "perfection" in other people

sweetlove666 wrote:

gunther wrote:

sweetlove666 wrote:

I think it also applies to people who are not particuarly comfortable with their body image either - it's a subconcious way of putting yourself down if you are always noticing "perfection" in other people

Where I live some of the girls can be very predatory, they are mainly sizing up their chances of "pulling" that night. Well thats from memory, we aint been out on the town for decades.

Syd wrote:

It is a genuine theory by a girl I know. She said it one night in the pub. I don't remember how the conversation got there or where it went. But that little theory must have stuck with me, cos I don't remember why, but it popped into my head this morning. As I was having a nosey on here.

For conversational fun!

Does your friend have a theory on male rivalry too?

LauraP wrote:

Syd wrote:

For conversational fun!

Does your friend have a theory on male rivalry too?

I don't know. But I did post earlier that if we men walked around with our cocks out same would occur.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Well, the "25st and unattractive" statement was written with acknowledgement that it could be seen as unfair or even slightly offensive. I kept it in though, because I could not think how else to word it. But, of course, if you are 25st it does not at all mean you are unattractive, but being unattractive would mean you are unattractive to the people who find you unattractive. :-s

Anyway, I hope it's, at least vaguely, understood what I meant. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but on an instictive, subconcious level I think everyone has their own view of what is considered to be more attractive than themselves.

I'll add that weight in itself really shouldn't be a factor at all though. I have seen and known a few plus size women, and I am a plus size myself, but have come across some very attractive women who are much larger than myself and felt envy. Yet I'm sure we have all come across one or more very large people and despite not knowing them at all, feel very aware that they are unhealthily large, meaning that they look unwell from their weight. (But I'll note that some rather large people can be very healthy and look and feel well with their weight) On the instict level going back to the dawn of humankind, this quick evaluation on the visable health of a person would affect how we instinctively compare ourselves, the competition in regards to finding a mate and the conclusions we reach.

Not sure if I've made any sense at all, actually. Apologies if it's all reading as a confusing ramble. I am tired ...

Ah so its a health issue. I thought we were talking about attractiveness.

And you envy SOME much larger women. "We have all come across one or more." - you say.

But what of the UNATTRACTIVE larger women you speak of?

Back pedalling worthy of our most skilled politicians.

I DO THIS!!

ive got an "ive got small boobs" complex so girls with big boobs make me feel rubbish about myself so i feel more comfortable with us averages :P

Syd wrote:

And you envy SOME much larger women. "We have all come across one or more." - you say.

stop being difficult, you know what she meant :P

I think everyone sizes everyone up when they walk in a room .

Men puff chest out to stand tall

fistinglover69 wrote:

Syd wrote:

stop being difficult, you know what she meant :P

Yeah I know. :p

Just feels like a lecture sometimes.

AA is so articulate and knowledgable. Well reasoned, well written posts. She can analyseand disect others posts line by line. Pointing out flaws.

Couldn't resist pointing out how that she also, is capable of mis-representing herself.

No offence AA.