Going all Glassy. Plug or Dildo?

I'm on the hunt for another new toy. I've been getting much more of a kick out of anal play than anything else, so I'm staying in that 'area'.

I've heard that glass toys are awesome - you can cool them, heat them, they're super easy to clean, don't carry any plastic smell, and they tend to go in a bit easier too.

I'm just not sure what to get!! If I do a search for 'glass' there are tonnes of awesome-looking things (though I'd prefer something that wasn't pink ...) but I don't know whether to go for buttplug or dildo. And if dildo ... straight or fancy?

For reference I have a Tantus Silk Large; I'm definitely not at the stage where I want to go larger than that yet though.

This one looks pretty funky: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11680

Anyone have some good recommendations for anal play with glass?

ah yes, that one looks great and i know what you mean about "something that isnt pink". (i wonder if that one could be used with a harnes....)

personly i would say dildo as they are slightly more versatile, even just for anal. i realy like the look of that one but if you wanted really good value for money then look for something that gets bigger as you get nearer the base- that way, if you do want to move up then you have the option wehere as a plug is sort of a single size and use.

also if you went plug it would be really quite a challange to wear out and about and would be harder to use for solo play.

you'r right though about glass being easier to get in. my partner loves using the small end of my glass dildo ( http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17146 ) and says its much easier to get in than our rubber plug

Thanks rag doll :)

I'm leaning more towards the dildo to be honest, there's nothing quite like the feeling of something with a bit of length to it.

That dildo looks good, I quite like the idea of something ridged, I think it'd be more intereting than just something smooth and plain

I can definitely recommend ridges and/or spirals. You might find one that has two very different ends (which means it is effectively two toys in one) so you can have one end smooth or plug shaped and the other end textured. The Tracy Cox glass dildos set is also very good value. Happy hunting

I have a Sasha Grey glass butt plug, it looks really nice in the black.

You may find that it's strange using something long anally that's that rigid, so it might be better to start with a plug as they're shorter, and get used to the sensation that way. Glass is a much less forgiving material than silicone.

I have this dildo. I love it and use it both in my arse and in me. As its curved and has a head it is lovely when it comes out offering up some nice sensations which make you want to put it back in again. I also use it first before putting the next plug to to open my bum up wider to accept the larger plug.

As stated before glass is easy to clean and is cool but soon heats up unless you leave it in the fridge to cool down even more. One day Im tempted to have one cold and one hot...im not sure which will be which. I can always try the other way around on the second try just to see which one I prefer and if I cant make my mind up keep trying until I do!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11680

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13333

The good thing about the second plug is that it doesnt slide out when you are wet and lubed up because of the lip.

I hope that helps a little bit.

LMF xx

nice one lmf love to see you girls experimenting on the finer things in life lol

ive got a pump up butt plug. easy to insert and then the feeling of it getting bigger inside makes me cum without being touched! a must try! x

willing_to_try wrote:

ive got a pump up butt plug. easy to insert and then the feeling of it getting bigger inside makes me cum without being touched! a must try! x

Oh wow that sounds amzing.

Im now curious about anal beads and experiencing the sensations they have to offer. Ive asked friends who say they are good but when I look on lovehoney there are loads all with 4-5 stars so I can see this is going to take some time!!

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

willing_to_try wrote:

Im now curious about anal beads and experiencing the sensations they have to offer. Ive asked friends who say they are good but when I look on lovehoney there are loads all with 4-5 stars so I can see this is going to take some time!!

it pumps up to quite a size too so the feeling of it full inside you is incredible. i think we all admit the bigger the better in your ass but obvs trying to get something big up there hurts like hell! x

I'm a big fan of glass dildos, myself. I don't do as much anal play so.. eh.. I wouldn't necessarily go with a plug.

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

willing_to_try wrote:

Beads are fantastic, great for warming up with because they are graduated, then move onto something bigger when you're ready

I love the look of glass toys i think some of them look like works of art. ive been lusting after a glass product for ages!

Thanks LMF!

I have an inflatable vibrating butt plug (all the bells and whistles!!) but TBH I've barely used it ... with the 'pump' tube and the vibration control, it's like shoving a piece of technical hardware up there!

Sometimes simpler is better ... though I may have to give it another try since I've become more familiar with anal play.

LMF, your galaxy dildo looks great ... and I'm going to order it! I'm not averse to defiling a work of art! ;)