Going back

My ex has asked me if I'd like to try dating again after 10 months of being apart.

We were in a very serious relationship for 3 years, we had our own flat and had very special plans for our 4 year anniversary before things turned sour and we split. We were both to blame for the break up and we both wound up getting hurt. We've both forgiven each other and moved on from it.

I've only been on one date with him so far but I really enjoyed myself and have a good feeling about it.

I am however very worried about the amount of criticism I have already recieved from my friends. I don't think anyone is supporting me and this is really upsetting me.

Surely my happiness is whats important here? Isn't it better to try and it not work than to not try and wonder what if?

You should do what makes you happy. If you can remember the good times and get over whatever made you split, then why not give it another go. I hope it works out for you. xx

I agree. It's not right for your friends and family to doubt it. They should be supporting you. I've got back with one of my ex's before and after a while I wish I hadn't. before you know it you start to remainder the reasons why you broke up in the first place and are saying stuff like this is why we broke up in the first place ect ect. But everyone is different and at the end of the day it's your life you have to do what you want to do or you'll regret it for the rest of your life. It's your life not theirs and they will all get over it. :) x

Yeah agree with others, if it was a bad break up though sometimes friends are just annoyed about you getting back together coz they dont want to see you hurt etc, its not really their business at all, but it can be hard coz for them maybe it might lead to seeing you upset again.

Some people have really successful getting back together experiences, as lollipop says everyone is different.

Your friends need to bite their tongues really, it is up to you what you wanna do. They will sh eventually if it works out, they'll be proved wrong then..but it is their role as friends not to judge and to support. But as I said it can be hard.. You do you though, your happiness is what matters and in my opinion definitely worth giving a go rather than wondering. :) x

go with how YOU feel , nobody else has to deal with any possible consequences if it does go awry again , so why let them have a say in your choices ?

Do what you feel is right and if it doesn't work out this time then at least you will always know you gave it one last time rather than thinking 'what if'

This sort of reminds of something my sister's going through. She's recently started seeing someone of a different religion and our father's seriously not happy about it and naturally doesn't approve. He won't even let the poor guy in the house. Before they properly started seeing each other she didn't know what to do because of our dad as she knew how he'd react.

Anyway, I told her to do whatever makes her happy and not to live her life on anyone elses terms. And everyone else has said pretty much the same thing here. So do whatever you want to do, and what makes you happy!

No one should dictate or try and put pressure on you to do something that won't make you happy. Do whatever you feel is right for you.

Try not to be angry at your friends as they are only wantign to protect you. Be honest and thank thme for caring but calmly explain this makes you feel so good, you are not rushing it and as you are both aware where thins went wrong making you able to fix things.

I am sure once peopel see just how happy you are they will calm down.

All the best hun xx

Do what is best for you and your relationship. Your friends come second and they will understand and adapt if all goes well. If they don't... they are not true friends.

As NN says, it''s better to go for it and see what happens than live with regret and what-ifs. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Hope that thought is useful :)

Have the things that caused the split changed?

'' dont regret the things you did my friend regret the things you didnt ''

I would definately ignore your friends. If it turns out well they will soon start showing support and if not.. I'm sure they would still be there for you if you need them. Friends are good like that

Only if you have the right friends.

Lollipop ;) wrote:

Only if you have the right friends.

Well I don't think they could really be classed as friends if not..

Very true. :)