Gorgeous plus size undies

Having recently lost weight, I'm now finding it so much easier to buy sexy lingerie. I used to find that with a lot of plus size items they weren't really cut to be flattering (especially round the thighs and tummy) and also they were more expensive.

I got some nice stuff from La Senza, but wondered if anyone else had gripes about plus size undies?

I had the same problem but being an experience designer and maker I just started making them! I started a new business in corsets and lingerie but it's the sexy plus sized knickers that really took off recently!

And thank you happycamper! I didn't realise it was you on here lol! I'm making some more Yvonne's up soon I promise! They are one of my very favourites :-)

there's a link to my ebay shop there as I make limited editions only at the moment and easier for small stock amounts :-)

PS I also only use plus sized models for my plus size lingerie, let's face it, us natural rubenesque ladies have no idea what it'll look like on us if we see it on a stick insect with plastic boobs.

Ok, I admit it, I model them myself lol, I have the size 18-20 backside for it!

I could gripe for years about the availability of plus size undies!

My biggest bugbear is shops who do cup sizes A-Z (lol) but only carry the standard sizes in the matching knickers. Back size was always a problem for me too... rifling through the racks looking for a 40DD, cursing the makers wondering why they bother making bras on size 30G (does such a woman exist?) when there are thousands upon thousands of plus-size women out there dying to spend money on great lingerie.

I honestly think it's an underlying bias - not a lot of plus-size lingerie is available in high street shops because most people wouldn't find the idea of a plus-size woman in lingerie very attractive. But maybe I'm just a little cynical?

As regards the cut of the lingerie that's out there... I used to worry that what looked good on a smaller girl (thongs etc) wouldn't look great on me, but I realised that my fella is with me for a reason - if he didn't love big girls' bodies, he wouldn't be going out with one! So now I worry less about what it looks like on me... after all, it's coming off in about ten seconds flat :P

shellyboo wrote:

I honestly think it's an underlying bias - not a lot of plus-size lingerie is available in high street shops because most people wouldn't find the idea of a plus-size woman in lingerie very attractive. But maybe I'm just a little cynical?

I couldn't agree more Shelly!

Most high street shops have started to realise that women do have larger breasts and have started doing biggers cups, but not back sizes, it winds me up, I'll go into a shop and pick out something extremely sexy but they don't have it on my 40DD size! It really winds me up.

No matter if your a size 6 or 20 your still all woman so why shought the shops be sizest?

Not naming names but I went into a high street fashion shop once and there was not a single item on the racks that was highter than a 14 so i asked one of the assistants and she pulled me to one side and calmy said, "We don't do sizes above 14 as it would make the shop untidy. the larger sizes get hidden at the back as they don't look as good as the smaller ones. I think your in the wrong shop"

I think that is discusting!!!

I have had very similar experiences with lingerie. My housemate is a 34G and I am a 34F. I am also a size 14 on the bottom. You would think that this would be a somewhat standard size nowadays, but I have so much trouble finding things that fit me correctly! Most high street stores go up to an F now, or so they claim, but they almost never fit me comfortably. And they never have the right size bottoms. It is impossible for my friend to find anything under £30 and being students it really isn't possible to afford this! It has gotten so bad that we are seriously considering setting up a budget larger lingerie business when we leave, as she does business and manufacturing.

Another thing that drives me absolutely round the bend is the fact that shops always seem to increase the body size in clothes, but never the bust! I recently bought a beautiful dress from a well know high street store, and it fits perfectly in the body, but my boobs barely stay in! So annoying because it no longer looks elegant!

xxx

RuRu Rabbit wrote:

It has gotten so bad that we are seriously considering setting up a budget larger lingerie business when we leave, as she does business and manufacturing.

Number one customer right here!!!

I shall keep you informed on the progress! It looks fairly possible at the moment so no doubt I will be drumming up some business in the LH forum halls! Stay tuned...

x

Maybe LH will stock it for you too??? xx

maybe we will see you on "Dragons Den" next year?

Dragons den??? Not heard of it

prog where people with good business ideas get money from a panel of multi-millionaires to get started. But much more interesting then the way I have described it!

We have thought about this...but we are in a great financial position already (my friends dad is LOADED) so I duno if we need to really. I mean they are great, but I don't wana sell 60% of a hard earned business when we have decent contacts already. But TBF it would be good exposure. we shall see what happens!...anywho, I know I always have some good customers here. It is about time someone did something about it!

xxx

I think quite a few people go on it for the exposure and have no intention of taking an offer. reckon a biz selling knickers would be picked to be shown :)

Good Luck!

Bingo Caller wrote:

prog where people with good business ideas get money from a panel of multi-millionaires to get started. But much more interesting then the way I have described it!

Oh right, I understand now! Cheers!