Great lines from films

loganlogan

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar - serenity

I love this it's great, just before he gets impaired!

Taste the soup. / Where's the spoon? /. Aha !!

Always cracks me up. The ending of Coming to America. Eddie Murphy in his multi character role.

"Captain my captain"

dead poet society

Fun Louise wrote:

loganlogan

I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar - serenity

I love this it's great, just before he gets impaired!

Poor wash 😭

Sum Sub wrote:

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I have a few:

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare To Die.

Why are you smiling? / I know something you don't know / and what is that? / I'm not left handed!

There's something I ought to tel you / tell me / I am not left handed either

Why won't my arms move? / You've been mostly dead

MAOWWWAGE

and finally...

Screw you guys, I'm going home

Love the film choice Sub! As you wish!

Is that where your user name comes from?

I had Inigo has my avatar for some time...!

Absolutely!!

A mysterious man in a mask who will go to the end of the earth to serve his lover.

I noticed Inigo and wrote several posts commenting but deleted them as it didn't feel right. The man in black does outwhit Inigo after all. Inconceivable, I know!

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship." Casablanca

"I am big! It's the pictures that got small." Sunset Boulevard

"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." Dead Poets Society

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Gladiator

1 Like

Am I allowed a quote from a TV series instead? Two lines from Babylon 5.

From Comes The Inquisitor: "Good luck to you in your holy cause, Captain Sheridan. May your choices have better results than mine. Remembered not as a messenger, remembered not as a reformer...not as a prophet, not as a hero...not even as Sebastian. Remembered only...as Jack."

From Severed Dreams: "Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Oooh another Labyrinth one, thanks for that Logan. My ringtone is Magic dance 😅 my favourite film ever.

I forgot one of the most hilarious ones ever.

" I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur, I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world, I made my arms short and I roamed the back yard, I chased the neighborhood cats, I growled and I roared, everybody knew me and was afraid of me, and one day my dad said "Bobby you are 17, it's time to throw childish things aside" and I said "OK Pop", but he didn't really say that he said that "Stop being a f****** dinosaur and get a job"."

Step Brothers

I carried a watermelon - dirty dancing

50 bucks grandpa, and for 75 the wife can watch - pretty woman

N&Mc wrote:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Gladiator

This is one of my favourites, Russel Crow gets great speeches. Sadly I can never remember it correctly off the top of my head.

Wanna play a game - saw

1 Like

"If you save the world, we can do it in the ass hole?" Danish princess

"I'll be right back" Iggsy

Kingsman

"As a good friend once said, maneth, maketh, man. So are we gonna stand round here all day, or are we gonna fight?" Iggsy

Kingsman (it's quite a funny film).

2 Likes

"I feel the need, the need for speed"

"Take me to bed or lose me forever" - "Show me the way home, honey"

Top Gun - Love that movie

1 Like

"get away from her you bitch"

. Ripley Aliens.

Roads? Where we're going, we won't need roads!

Back to the future.

What's this war in the heart of nature? Why does nature vie with itself? The land contend with the sea? Is there an avenging power in nature? Not one power, but two?

Thin red line.

I got this plan, its called save ass, I climb out that window and I run like a bastard

also

oh i gotta helmet

also

I have a very great friend in Rome called bigggus dickus

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I have a few:

Why are you smiling? / I know something you don't know / and what is that? / I'm not left handed!

MAOWWWAGE

and finally...

Absolutely!!

A mysterious man in a mask who will go to the end of the earth to serve his lover.

I noticed Inigo and wrote several posts commenting but deleted them as it didn't feel right. The man in black does outwhit Inigo after all. Inconceivable, I know!

Would this count as a "cult" film? I'm not really a cultist, but as time passes, the princess bride does seem to be moving ever more towards the reverred tones of a cult. I can see a remake in the future...!

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

AsYouWish! wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I have a few:

MAOWWWAGE

and finally...

Absolutely!!

Would this count as a "cult" film? I'm not really a cultist, but as time passes, the princess bride does seem to be moving ever more towards the reverred tones of a cult. I can see a remake in the future...!

Fun Louise wrote:

"If you save the world, we can do it in the ass hole?" Danish princess

"I'll be right back" Iggsy

Kingsman

"As a good friend once said, maneth, maketh, man. So are we gonna stand round here all day, or are we gonna fight?" Iggsy

Kingsman (it's quite a funny film).

Oh man, I LOVED watching Kingsman! It was bloody genious!!

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." - Lilo & Stitch