Guys, do you like your girls curvy or thin?

rose hip wrote:

Cat Lady wrote:

Unfortunately it seems that clothes designers don't make clothes to fit "curvy" women. I'm almost always fine with tops but with trousers I never know if I will fit into a 10 or whether I need a 12. And with most things that don't have a tie to pull it in, I still tend to need a belt to combat the dreaded gaping in the small of my back. It seems that things that fit in the front are too big in the back... I've spoken to many women who have the same problem so clearly there's an issue with real sizes vs what designers think we look like (or what they think we SHOULD look like).

I suspect that there might be some intentionality in these sorts of problems. Advertising works by convincing us that there's some sort of problem in our lives which will be magically fixed by buying something. If clothing is 'good enough' that we buy it, that's one sale. If we try again because it's not quite right, that's a second sale. And since they're rarely as generous as LH with their returns.... %-)

There's some truth in that, I agree. But it gets to the point where you have to buy the thing that doesn't quite fit because it's so hard to come by the perfect fit.

That too, Hella.

I first started thinking about this when I had my own business as a professional seamstress and my days were spent trying to help women of all shapes make 'good enough' better. From what I saw during those years, I don't think this is just a problem for curvier women.

Well I am thin myself so I am more comfortable with petite women.

I am size 10-12 and I consider myself 'curvy'. I still have to lose some weight after giving birth, to be back to how I was before that, but really don't see it happening any time soon. And I also prefer petite women. So, basically, I don't like my body very much at the moment, lol.

curvey is so much sexyier to me. but everyones different :)

I prefer curvy, something to grab hold of

Interesting that there seem to be a lot of women that have replied to Crimson's post.

To answer the question I much prefer curvy. OH is perfect here: short in height, large breasts (Gs - lucky me!) small waist and average curvy hips.

She buys either size 8-12 clothes depending on where she shops, so I sympathise with women that find shopping for clothes difficult. It would be made much easier if shops stopped trying to sell 'big' clothes in small sizes, therefore distorting the view that women have of their bodies.

I think the women's magazines have a lot to answer for here too, because I think the concept of what men are supposed to like couldn't be further from the truth. I've known very few men that prefer skinny over curvy.

Curvy like my OH, she's so nice to cuddle up to and has a very nice bum, she def does it for me. Ladys embrace your curves for gods sake. Love them cos i do :0)

I guess it has a lot to do with the partner(s) you have had. My wife is certainly well rounded and so it's no surprise that that is the figure shape I find most attractive. Maybe if I'd had a good sex life with a rail-thin wife my preference would be different!

Certainly, the pictures that really catch my attention are all of women in the size 16 or larger group.

I prefer curvy.

Cat Lady wrote:

Unfortunately it seems that clothes designers don't make clothes to fit "curvy" women. I'm almost always fine with tops but with trousers I never know if I will fit into a 10 or whether I need a 12. And with most things that don't have a tie to pull it in, I still tend to need a belt to combat the dreaded gaping in the small of my back. It seems that things that fit in the front are too big in the back... I've spoken to many women who have the same problem so clearly there's an issue with real sizes vs what designers think we look like (or what they think we SHOULD look like).

even high street shops! topshop are aaaawful for this. they seem to cater for girls that have no hips/bum/waist. skirts that fit my bum are MASSIVE on my waist, and skirts that fit my waist i wouldnt even be able to get halfway up my thighs.

to me, curvy means hourglass, about a size 12/14 - small waist, above DD, and large hips/bum

think nigella lawson *sigh* she's so beautiful!

Curvy. Especially at the waist and below.

So I did some research-

A study conducted on a range of men found that the majority, over 90% of males preferred a female with a hour glass figure. They first looked at a woman's breasts but it was a fleeting glance before they concentrated on the waist to hip ratio. Finding that women who had a defined waist far more attractive and the female they wanted to date.

Reasons for this finding is believed to be because the smaller waist, larger hips is seen as a fertility symbol and so these women are more likely to produce healthy off spring- it all dates back to the beginning of time lol

X

I'm not a guy but I think it depends on what the woman looks like - if she's toned but is a size 14-16 I think she'll look amazing. No one is perfect but I know a few people who are a curvy size 12-14 and look absolutely amazing. If I was that size I would look ridiculous because I have small boobs and a tiny waist no matter what size I am but big hips and big thigs - that's like the first part that 'grows' when I put on weight. I think boobs and hips are the sexiest thing on a woman - so if they have an hour glass figure they look amazing.

I think it depends on the lifestyle as well - if you eat McDonalds 4 times a week and don't do any exercise at all you will look way worse than someone who say does moderate exercise and eats normally even if you're both the same size.

Every woman is beautiful in their own way - not everyone will think so, but the right person definitely will :)

I like them as they come (no pun intended)

Curvy, Wife has been everything from a 14 to a 22.

Shapely please

crazy4U wrote:

Curvy, Wife has been everything from a 14 to a 22.

Aww, now thats love

:)

xxxx

I'm a lover

Thingamee wrote:

I'm a lover

Lol

:)

xxx