Guys...using prostate toys..first time

@GNM -Why do I need something 6 inches when the prostate is supposed to be 2-3 inches inside? Confused :(

The prostate isn't only what makes anal enjoyable for some. =) Some people really enjoy girth, some people really enjoy length. Some enjoy both or neither.

ok, I think I kind of get it

I don't really know how far up the prostate is since I'm a newb to this sort of stuff. Feh... looking on Wikipedia... yes... does seem to be a mere few inches inside. Not really sure why there needs to be six inches in length with the end pointed to stimulate the prostate... Does seem awkward and pointless. I'll leave it however with the people who actually make the toys since they must be doing something right...

Ginger Ninja Minge wrote:

Cheers for the info about what's in lubes and for alternatives, Graeme and Ghost! I generally don't use cosmetic products. I only used shampoo while at uni because my Mum bought it for me. I think my hair is actually softer now than it was when I didn't use shampoo. Anyways, I'm kinda like you Graeme and just steer away from anything that contains ingredients with a high number of syllables in its name. I don't know if it would have much long term effects, but I'd rather keep away seeing as though I'm in my ripe years. Also, I wouldn't want there to be faulty genes in my sperm which'll result in my child having mental and physical difficulties. I'm sure there'd be a greater effect of chemicals screwing up the genetic code in sperm. Sort of like a chain reaction, there. :/

Anyways, leave the poor guy alone! He wanted advice on anal toys, not lube. But... I need to say this... perhaps the reason why you're using a lot of oil is because it's absorbed or whatever too quickly and you have to reapply..? I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter because you're happy with what you're using anyway, so I'll leave you alone with going on about lube, also.

Just a quick add-on: 6 inches doesn't seem that bad... I went for a 7 inch dildo, which I'm having some problems with. I suppose that if you shaved off an inch or an extra half, you'd be fine, then you can work up to the 6 inch. It is very much hit an miss. When concerned with sex toys, it can be a very fussy thing with length...

no one is having a go and I am sorry if my posts came across that way, I was more concerned with preventing G (and anyone else reading but not posting) from doing themselves damage.

Advice would be to start small and work up in size

Go slowly, any pain stop. DONT just pull the toy out wait until you relax or you can do more damage

Use lots of lube, the anus doesnt self lubricate so you cannot use too much

Oh and the advice about toys with a flared base is very good, take it from experience lots of lube and unsuitable toy can lead to worrying moments

xGGx

I know, I know. Sorry for sounding like I was accusing you. I just found it rather amusing how it went from anal toys to lube, and I understand why it moved to lube.

And oh yes, I'm rather new to sex toys, but I generally wouldn't go for a dildo or anything without a flared base because I naturally worry about things and in this case, I'd be worrying I'd lose grip and the dildo is shoved right inside.

I learned about the whole go small, go slow the hard way. I highly recommend it myself. Advice for people looking around at the forum, who I seem to forget about... don't be overconfident about going for a bigger size straight away like I did. It'll only result in misery! Capiche?

I And oh yes, I'm rather new to sex toys, but I generally wouldn't go for a dildo or anything without a flared base because I naturally worry about things and in this case, I'd be worrying I'd lose grip and the dildo is shoved right inside.

been there not nice

xGGx

Cheers for the info about what's in lubes and for alternatives, Graeme and Ghost! I generally don't use cosmetic products. I only used shampoo while at uni because my Mum bought it for me. I think my hair is actually softer now than it was when I didn't use shampoo. Anyways, I'm kinda like you Graeme and just steer away from anything that contains ingredients with a high number of syllables in its name. I don't know if it would have much long term effects, but I'd rather keep away seeing as though I'm in my ripe years. Also, I wouldn't want there to be faulty genes in my sperm which'll result in my child having mental and physical difficulties. I'm sure there'd be a greater effect of chemicals screwing up the genetic code in sperm. Sort of like a chain reaction, there. :/

Anyways, leave the poor guy alone! He wanted advice on anal toys, not lube. But... I need to say this... perhaps the reason why you're using a lot of oil is because it's absorbed or whatever too quickly and you have to reapply..? I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter because you're happy with what you're using anyway, so I'll leave you alone with going on about lube, also.

Just a quick add-on: 6 inches doesn't seem that bad... I went for a 7 inch dildo, which I'm having some problems with. I suppose that if you shaved off an inch or an extra half, you'd be fine, then you can work up to the 6 inch. It is very much hit an miss. When concerned with sex toys, it can be a very fussy thing with length...

I was not trying to bother him, sorry if I was, I will just shut up. I was just wondering why he is such against a lube.

Only ordered a Titan curvedmaster today ,roll on the weekend when I have the house alone :) . Have been using anal beads for a hole so looking forward to this toy .

Only ordered a Titan curvedmaster today ,roll on the weekend when I have the house alone :) . Have been using anal beads for a hole so looking forward to this toy .

Sorry using anal beads for a while predictive text arhh

Hi graeme :) the advice you have been given thus far especially by ghostgirl is stellar :) let me make a few recommendations from someone who enjoys prostate stimulation.

For a start this is an essential for any anal newb:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

It may look boring and uninspiring and as far as prostate stimulation goes it is pretty much nil, but it is a very cheap fantastic warm up toy and I absolutely recommend it be your first purchase.

Now, from there I can't also sing this bad boys praises enough:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2041
being double ended you have different options of how to use it and when you get a bit more advanced I have inserted the beaded end right past the fattest part of the toy so the prober itself will stay in place without you having to hold it and the beads will rub deliciously up against your p-spot with the tiniest of movements, for £7.99 I'd definitely call this the best bang for your buck (literally ;)

There are also a few other beginner toys I'd also recommend:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15076
Much less intimidating than it appears (despite having 'alien ridgeback prober' written on the packaging!), it's very soft and flexible and I like to insert the thicker end and bend the thinner end down to basically sit on it thus pushing the fat end with the ridges right up against your p-spot and again slightest of movements and it'll hit the spot.

This is also good if you're looking for something you can wear out:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665
It's smaller than it looks, very easy to insert

Then I tend to move to something a little larger, either my glass anal dildo which LH don't appear to have in stock :( or a realistic jelly dildo that I bought elsewhere, LH have something like this:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15105
But the realisticness of it may put you off, the one I have is purple but still looks like a penis, again you may or may not have hangups about this but the veins add stimulation and the balls serve as a safeguard against the toy disappearing

Then out comes this:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16029
Forget that it looks super realistic, you need this in your ass..the material is very soft but the shaft is very firm and being a vibrator you can get it to your p-spot, turn on the vibe and let the good times roll.

Then this:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16727
Now I have to be careful about recommending this to you because it has no flared base, something you have to be very careful about when using anal toys. I manage it fine by only inserting it so far and making sure I have a tight grip at all times but just be aware of that. This toy is like a-mazing, its big yes and looks daunting but its so so soft and was easier to insert than the ballsy above and really gives a great feeling.

Then I move on to the big boy:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12381
And yes thats big, and hard to take, the first time I hurt myself a little bit, the second time I was prepared and managed to get it to my p-spot and turn the vibe on then almost passed out at the strength of the orgasm! This also doesn't have a flared base but its big enough not to matter I can't even get it past half way in! Definitely for advanced users

A couple of other little things I've found just browsing now:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22237
Wow, added straight to wishlist! :D obviously thats one hell of a toy though

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22408
looks great for those wanting something a bit more than the beginner toys!

Great advice from TT, can i just mention a douche also maybe a good idea, dont be afraid of them, i know you are beginers but they are very easy to use and make anal play a lot cleaner and a lot more fun because of that, your mind isnt constantly bothering about any nasty suprises and you can totally relax your anal sphincters without any worry also (as mentioned in all anal threads Relaxation is key).

To go back to a few earlier post on here about length and girth or lenghth vs girth lol. I have built up in girth and have now really started to enjoy the length of my dildos also, i can easily take 8 " and find myself wanting more so i am going to be purchasing some new toys soon i think lol.

Also the butt plug query as to what they are for. I have used them in many ways for pleasure including prostate massage, and as mentioned to help with relaxation of the anus. Once inserted a plug can be sqeezed upon, if this is done for a while the anus almost relaxes by default (this can also be done without a plug and can really help relax the muscle) try pulling your cheeks apart when you sqeeze aswell as this hightens the feeling and stretch.

Anal is amazing if done properly and safely, take your time and explore yourselves, you'll soon find where the buttons are, there is no rush. i have also had the "dull pains" when i have not taken my time many years ago and they are not nice, but the more you experiment and enjoy yourself the more you will gain from your play time and trust me you will not be able to get enough. All it takes is the inclination and patients, if you have those then be prepared to find out what a real orgasm feels like. LOL

Thought i'd best point out this topic is a year old.

I know this post is old, but thanks for everyones input, this has helped me as im curious about prostate massage but never tried it. Thanks again.

Almond oil may be cheap but when you factor in the cost of the toys it will degrade the price goes up, it also means chemicals that were in toy start to leak out. The Sliquid range is all natural and contains NO synthesised chemicals and is not tested on animals.

as for prostrate and but plugs. Use but plugs to train your sphincter to stretch, it's a muscle. They're quite enjoyable and give you a full feeling, you can try slim prostrate massages too. But very few people can jump straight in at the big boys because your body has never had to open up before. Be patient, even when you first stimulate you prostrate you may not find an incredible earth shattering orgasm, it takes practise.