Guys...using prostate toys..first time

I bought one from Love Honey but it just seemed far too big and I got frustrated and gave up. I don't know if I was being forceful enough but just wanted to be careful. I am wondering what to do now? Are they any very slim toys? I use almond oil as lubricant, as I feel it is the best, cheapest and healthiest product.

Not a man but concerned about your post, if the toy feels too big then start with something smaller and force is not a good thing. Best advice is start small, slow and gently. It can take a long time to get used to. Also it may be wise to invest in a good anal lube, never used almond oil for anything but massages so cannot comment on its performance as a lube.

There are some regulars on here who can give more specific advice

xGGx

ghostgirl wrote:

Not a man but concerned about your post, if the toy feels too big then start with something smaller and force is not a good thing. Best advice is start small, slow and gently. It can take a long time to get used to. Also it may be wise to invest in a good anal lube, never used almond oil for anything but massages so cannot comment on its performance as a lube.

There are some regulars on here who can give more specific advice

xGGx

I think the advice of ghost girl is the best advice for ur problem ps gg got a friend request pending for u

I agree with ghostgirl. start with something small. I think something like this

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16665

or

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

are good choices. I know these are not prostate massagers, but they are slim, which means that they can allow you to get used to having something in your butt and you can go up from there. Thicker lube or directly anal lube is another best advice together with going slow! if it hurts, something is wrong and its better to stop and try again. Being relaxed is also the key.

thanks for helping everyone

I am not a fan of any lubes you can buy in the shops since I am not a fan of synthesised chemicals so almond oil is the best for me.

This may sound stupid but will a butt plug give any sort of pleasure? I have seen videos of guys using their aneros massagers and the videos make me extremely horny/hard even though I'm straight.

I've decided to buy the second of the toys you've suggested with the above post, Laveila. Probably just like Graeme, I wanted big right here and right now, but it hadn't worked so well. I also suggest starting small like I'm doing and see how it feels. With smallness comes a smaller price, so it's good to see how it feels from starting small, then you can adjust. I started out with a seven inch dildo and... it hasn't worked out for me. I seem to create a horrible mess all the time when it's inserted and generally results in a dull-ish pain when I puch it up. Not the way to go and it's a shame, actually. The dildo's like £20. The small butt plug is £9. Guess what I should've started with.

EDIT: Butt plugs are sold for a reason, so yeah, they SHOULD do. I'll inform you how the butt plug feels when I finally get it and you haven't bought it by that time. I'll be getting it on the 11th because I'll be back in university halls. Oh yeah, feeling damn cheeky having the sent to my halls.

graeme44 wrote:

thanks for helping everyone

I am not a fan of any lubes you can buy in the shops since I am not a fan of synthesised chemicals so almond oil is the best for me.

This may sound stupid but will a butt plug give any sort of pleasure? I have seen videos of guys using their aneros massagers and the videos make me extremely horny/hard even though I'm straight.

have you thought of an organic lube? Lh do a good range of them.

I agree, have a look at the Sliquid range. They do have anal lube http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16053

Almond oil is an oil, so it can actually degree the material of the toy, I believe. but I never tried it. I use Lelo or Sliquid lubes, as I am sensitive to parabens and glycerins in lubes.

Butt plugs and slimmer anal dildos are the best place to start, as you need to get used to being stretched or you can tear yourself and that can be painful.

I must avoid all commercial sexual lubricants because I am unhappy with the ingredients in all of them, even the organic ones. They contain ingredients that are harmful to humans based on my research. I would prefer to use something natural like almond oil, cold pressed of course.

I think I will try a butt plug, even though I am not entirely sure what its purpose is. I think it is to stretch the skin? and suppose that is a good idea so I can then try prostate massagers, and my ultimate fantasy is for a female to use a strapon in a sort of domination setting.

Pegging. Don't know why, but I just love the thought of that...

Butt plugs... I know it seems rather strange with it not being thrusted or anything. I guess it allows you to adjust yourself to be able to tackle something bigger. I guess the purpose for it is the feeling of being filled. I've used a hairbrush handle which is probably the same diameter as the butt plug I'm getting and it does still feel good just leaving it there. Don't judge something before you get it in your hands is my advice.

May I ask what ingrediences are harmful in eg. Sliquid lubes? With the oil, maybe be prepared for the posibility, that your toy may be ruined over time, especially if you use one cointaining latex. Just warning. Not sure how it stands with silicon and rubber toys not cointaning latex, plastic would be ok, glass and metal would be fine for sure.

Butt plugs are used to get you used to having something up your bottom, which is bit thicker than your fingers. its better to go from smaller to wider, as you progress.

Phenoxyethanol is the one which I am wary of in the organic ones.

http://truthinaging.com/ingredient-spotlight/what-is-it-phenoxyethanol-and-is-it-safe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiSIoAYRAJM

I also find the price of durex lubes etc in the shops (and LH) to be quite expensive. I can get 1 litre of almond oil for £8 which also leaves my skin very healthy looking.

this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13181 doesnt contain phenoxyethanol so should be ok for you, it is also toysafe.

A damaged toy will do more damage to you than a suitable lube.

xGGx

Thank you ghostgirl. That is a good one but my almond oil costs 20% of that price and I feel I use quite a lot of lube and the cost can add up quite quickly if I bought some of the Sliquid ones.

Coconut oil is silicone toy safe and so I think almond oil is too.

You can always try pure silicone lubes, those should be safe.

Also I did some research and there is no final conclusion as to whether Phenoxyethanol is safe or not. Also it is not in just lubes, from what I read, but lot of cosmetic products and it is also used in medicine, so not sure it is possible to trully avoid it.But I understand your concern.

As for why people use regular lubes. Oil destroys latex condoms, which means you are no longer protected against pregnancy, STD. Latex condoms are generally more available and cheaper compared to the non latex versions. And some people use these even in long term relationship, if the woman cannot or does not want to take hormonal contraception (which is not that uncommon).

Laveila, I would be happy to use non latex condoms although I have never had sex so don't know what the difference is compared to latex ones with regards to feeling etc. Yep, I do know that oil destroys latex condoms. I find almond oil is the best lubricant overall because it is so cheap, works perfectly and leaves healthy skin. The skin also absorbs it really well so it doesn't leave a lot of mess.

I better not start on cosmetic products and shampoos, toothpastes etc, like the ones that are in the supermarket. I wouldn't go near any of them but that is a different topic.

May I ask what the size of the toy was that you bought first?

Inserting anything anally is all about relaxing and being gradual. If you are okay with using your fingers, start with one, very well lubed, then slowly work up to two and so on.

With smaller toys, as in under about five or six inches in circumference, you aren't actually stretching anything as such I believe. All you are doing is relaxing the muscle enough to allow it to expand just as it would if you were having a bowel movement.

Hi, I bought this one and I also think the shape of the head was a bit strange http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14711

I couldn't put my finger(s) up there, I don't think it would feel right.

Cheers for the info about what's in lubes and for alternatives, Graeme and Ghost! I generally don't use cosmetic products. I only used shampoo while at uni because my Mum bought it for me. I think my hair is actually softer now than it was when I didn't use shampoo. Anyways, I'm kinda like you Graeme and just steer away from anything that contains ingredients with a high number of syllables in its name. I don't know if it would have much long term effects, but I'd rather keep away seeing as though I'm in my ripe years. Also, I wouldn't want there to be faulty genes in my sperm which'll result in my child having mental and physical difficulties. I'm sure there'd be a greater effect of chemicals screwing up the genetic code in sperm. Sort of like a chain reaction, there. :/

Anyways, leave the poor guy alone! He wanted advice on anal toys, not lube. But... I need to say this... perhaps the reason why you're using a lot of oil is because it's absorbed or whatever too quickly and you have to reapply..? I don't know. I guess it doesn't matter because you're happy with what you're using anyway, so I'll leave you alone with going on about lube, also.

Just a quick add-on: 6 inches doesn't seem that bad... I went for a 7 inch dildo, which I'm having some problems with. I suppose that if you shaved off an inch or an extra half, you'd be fine, then you can work up to the 6 inch. It is very much hit an miss. When concerned with sex toys, it can be a very fussy thing with length...

Hmm. An alternative to using your fingers is to get a finger sized toy (With a flared base) and, after a lot of lube and relaxing, insert it.

From there you can get used to it, and when you're more comfortable you can try moving it around. A good way of working up to take larger sizes is to move the toy in gentle circles. This will help relax you.