Hair Colour & Nipple Colour; a correlation?

Hi Guys,

I'm a natural blonde and have very petite and light areolae, my friend is a natural redhead and has larger much more pigmented nipples and another friend has italian heritage with dark brunette hair with the most luscious large dark areolae 😊

This got us wondering over a few (ok far too many) botgles of champagne on a girly night out, have we uncovered a relationship between hair colour and nipples?

Anybody willing to complete the scientific research needed? 😈

I am a natural fair blonde (who went red for about a year and then black two years ago), and have very light nipples (and also fair skin), but also huge ones. I think that even if pigmentation has something to do with hair colour (though I'd say skin colour has more influence), size can not be related! But cute research! :)

Size isn't correlated. But colour is, the same cells make skin colour as make hair colour, it's very unusual to have a black woman with fair hair. Areole colour is based on skin colour, it's an area where pigment is denser, but it's still the same pigment if that makes sense. Age also affects it though, young girls have fairer areoles and older women have darker.

sorry iam a red hedhead and so light non existence

I wish my areolae were a little darker 😐

There would definitely be a correlation when it comes to colour as hair colour and skin tone is determined by the amount of Melanin that's present in your body.

So if you have naturally dark hair, there's a good chance that your skin is naturally darker and pronounced areas, such as the areola, will be darker still. 

This would be the case, but reversed, for fair haired people, and even more dramatic in those who lack Melanin (Albino).

I seriously doubt that there is a correlation between hair colour and areola size, or proportional size between nipple and areola though. 

Other things which can have an impact on nipple appearance are breast size, breast shape, exposure to sun, hormone levels, whether the person has been pregnant, breast feeding and breast augmentation (implants and/or nipple piercings), so chances are that there are multiple factors that make your nipples different from your friends'. 

Also worth noting, the shape, size and colour of your areolae can change throughout your life, so what you have now may not be what you have in the future... Spooky! 

So it is a simple matter of biological make up.

((a+b)/4b*d-c)*e

with a being cupsize, b being number of hours spent in the sun per month, c is hormone level, d is number of children, with e being melonin level.

I knew there would be a simple answer Jess!

😁

Lovehoney - Jess wrote: Also worth noting, the shape, size and colour of your areolae can change throughout your life, so what you have now may not be what you have in the future... Spooky!

"Spooky!" LOL, Jess!

Jess, for the sake of science we should all take a photo on the first of wach month. A kinda time lapse photo to confirm your "spooky" suggestion. Wadya think guys?

😇

I just love tits full stop ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

But you must have a fave Kinktaffs. Or is it a case of variety being the spice of life??

Mine changed in pregnancy... First two to slightly darker and because I breastfed the last ,went a lot darker and stayed.... I also go topless on hols so that made em darker too with topping up melanin levels.

To be honest though, I don't really pay much attention to them... Like the colour wouldn't be a big thing to me.... They are just areolas.. as along as I keep my sensitivity I'm not bothered 😂

I'm a natural blonde (although in recent years my hair colour has turned a lot darker and it's more like a light brown now). My areolae are a very pale colour, like a light pink/peachy colour that almost blends in with the rest of my skin. My nipples aren't very big either despite having very large breasts - bit weird!

My hair is dark brown and I have huge areolas and are quite dark to but always have been and I have quite dark olive skin tone to xx

My wife has small dark small dark areoles and nipples about 3/4 the size of a sugar cube.

Most delicious.

I have very dark hair yet they use to be more or less the same colour of my skin and i am really pale. Ever since I got pregnant with my first they look very very dark!

X

era wrote:

I am a natural fair blonde (who went red for about a year and then black two years ago), and have very light nipples (and also fair skin), but also huge ones. I think that even if pigmentation has something to do with hair colour (though I'd say skin colour has more influence), size can not be related! But cute research! :)

This is me.. blonde, very very pale and um larger areolas (that did however get darker when I was pregnant before). Skin pigmentation I agree on but maybe not size hehe.

Dark brown/ medium, pastel pink here, sorry to poke holes in the theory. Actually, no I'm not. That's exactly how science advances!

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

There would definitely be a correlation when it comes to colour as hair colour and skin tone is determined by the amount of Melanin that's present in your body.

So if you have naturally dark hair, there's a good chance that your skin is naturally darker and pronounced areas, such as the areola, will be darker still.

This would be the case, but reversed, for fair haired people, and even more dramatic in those who lack Melanin (Albino).

I seriously doubt that there is a correlation between hair colour and areola size, or proportional size between nipple and areola though.

Other things which can have an impact on nipple appearance are breast size, breast shape, exposure to sun, hormone levels, whether the person has been pregnant, breast feeding and breast augmentation (implants and/or nipple piercings), so chances are that there are multiple factors that make your nipples different from your friends'.

Also worth noting, the shape, size and colour of your areolae can change throughout your life, so what you have now may not be what you have in the future... Spooky!

Jess you are spot on.

i work with cancer patients and some women who have a mastectomy (boob removed) have a nipple tattooed on after reconstruction. The tattooist will match the new nipple to the other one. If the person (could be a man) has had a double mastectomy they can choose the size and colour of their new nipples. They even twist and add a stich to form the point or patriding part of the nipple.

I am natural red head and I haver very light pink areolas, so they are nearly not visible ![](upload://rWunPW3zYHdA0ypr4dRQnAP8JTy.gif) On top of that I have completely flat, pink nipples, so it seems like I have no nipples and no areolas. ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif) On my larger breasts it looks really weird.