Hanging out (clean but 'dirty') washing

So, on another (non-sex related) forum I belong to someone asked if people got embarrassed hanging their underwear outside to dry in case someone saw it (because she did!). It amused me because I'd never given it a 2nd thought, it's all just clothes to me.

I've just hand washed my latest Lovehoney wet look spanking dress and it will be going on the washing line in my garden. Both my neighbours either side, as well as those in the houses over the back, could easily see into the garden from their upper floors. Doesn't bother me in the slightest - I hang all my bits and pieces out (corsets, dress up, knickers, stockings) when they need it. If a neighbour chose to judge me for my lingerie choices I'd just have to judge them right back for snooping LOL! The only thing I won't do is put them out and then leave the house because, while fairly unlikely, it's not unheard of for people to steal undies from washing lines and I'd be gutted to lose my favourite (and, in some cases, expensive) items.

Anyone else have any qualms/thoughts about airing their laundry in public?!

I have never given this a thought before. I just hang it all out.

In fact, we don't even have a fence currently as the bad weather took it out and the neighbours are yet to resolve. And still, this never crossed my mind not to hang out my lingerie from Lovehoney. 

They know where I work so I suspect they don't even give it a thought too... lol 

I had never thought of that either as my OH hangs our washing out!! (He's so well trained).

My neighbours are elderly so they may get a shock if they take a peek at our washing line! Although I realise how adventurous the older generation are these days, so they've probably got their own collection of crotchless knickers! 😂

My Mrs always dries the controversial items inside,of which, can under cetrtain cicumstances be problematical in itself should someone unexpected call round .

I hang out everything and we've got neighbours both sides. You can be sort of discreet if you want to be and have a rotary clothes dryer by hanging your sexy stuff on the inside behind towels and things but personally nowadays it doesn't really bother me that much if anyone sees my lingerie.

I did once have 3 pairs of saucy knickers pinched off my washing line years ago when we lived in flats with easy access to the garden ....I was livid as I'd only just bought them !

I don't really hang much outside anymore. I once found a huge spider on a shirt after bringing it in so I now put everything but coats and bedding to dry on the airer inside!

You also have to be aware of people like Arnold Layne which was a song by Puink Floyd in their Psychedelic era .

The lyrics go

Arnold Layne had a strange hobby

Collecting Clothes

Moonshine washing line

They suit him fine

On the wall hung a tall mirror

Distordted view, see through baby blue

Oh Arnold Layne.....

So you'd better watch out ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

I'd be more ashamed to hang out my old worn and faded comfy undies than my lovely lingerie haha! I don't though both because I haven't found clothes pegs I trust not to snag my preciouses and because my neighbour choses to smoke beside the fence (and my washing line).

I also find lingerie doesn't take long at all to dry so mine has a dedicated indoor dryer while my washing line is used for thicker clothing :)

We always do hang out our lovehoney lingerie/underwear on the line. Never thought of it as a issue as it just goes out with all the washing.

I just let it all hang out... In a matter of speaking 😜

My batman thongs are on the line as I type. Ha.

I always dry everything outside, I think the neighbours would be more embarrassed if they mentioned anything than I would be!

Mine all goes on the line. Give the neighbours something to talk about 😂

I hang it out, I don't mind. Must be lonely boring folk if they need to look at my washing line for entertainment ha.

I learned the knack of hiding my smalls on the "inside" of the rotary line after the Google Street view camera car took an interesting view of my washing line once 😂 Now i have much more interesting attire my only concern is that my neighbours teenage son might catch a glimpse from his bedroom window to fuel his imagination!

I used to hang it all out on the line but I have really bad hay fever so due to pollen getting on clothes ect we dry everything in the house.

Well if the weather is nice evything goes on the line, regardless of being jeans or underwear. And quite often my hunky neighbour (the one who certainly "hears" my loud moaning), comes outside and start to chat me up. I never thought about it, not even once.

I almost always dry my washing outside, and I really don't care who sees my underwear etc. Most of us wear underwear of some variety, if my neighbours are offended then they need to get over themselves. I live in a terraced house so they probably hear us having sex anyway.

I hang all my naughty lingerie out on the line. A while ago a pair of my crotchless knickers did blow off the line into my elderly neighbours garden. He gave them back saying that they must have got caught on something as there was a hole in the gusset !! Lol xx

I dont hang out my sexiest items and not because I'm embarrassed but I don't want to embarrass certain family members and there is a teen boy next door too. They dry quickly indoors anyway so it's not a problem.