Has anyone brought a Desire bullet recently?

Thanks, Mr Chimp (again).

The Tango, Mantric and tongues never get pulled out on Charging Saturday as they're more or less in constant use ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I'm eagerly awaiting results of this battle to the death, K&c30's. I thought the Desire ran out quickly despite me only using it on the lowest setting. And it had the cheek to run out mid-session with no warning!

Well the results are in for the first test. Full battery (just charged) run on the first setting continuously until they die. Mantric stopped at 1 hour 7 minutes. The Desire....drum roll please..... 2 hours 21 minutes!!!!!!!! I was not expecting it to last that long!

What!!!!!!!! Now I'm shocked!

Is this the new or old Desire?

I know I wasn't expecting it either. It was the new one as I thought that would be a more honest test seen as they are both new.

BeeMine wrote:

I got my Desire bullet yesterday. The booklet is so out of date that it also claims to have last vibe memory. I was horrified when I read it as I deliberately chose it to not do that. Sooo relieved when the booklet was wrong. It also does have four constants which suits me perfectly. I was going to mention it in my review when I've had a chance to use it properly.

I've included this in my email to customer care.

K&c30's wrote:

Did they give you any free points as a finder's fee? 🙂

I always feel quite awkward at the thought of getting in touch with Customer Care unless it's about a specific problem with one of my orders. I emailed Leanne about a glitch with the Playbox that allowed you to skip the subscription stage and slap on all the extra discounts, etc (it's fixed now) and she said I should email Customer Care in the future about things like that. I'm not sure what my reluctance is. It did feel easier/more informal to email Leanne though.

Ian Chimp wrote:

K&c30's wrote:

Did they give you any free points as a finder's fee? 🙂

I always feel quite awkward at the thought of getting in touch with Customer Care unless it's about a specific problem with one of my orders. I emailed Leanne about a glitch with the Playbox that allowed you to skip the subscription stage and slap on all the extra discounts, etc (it's fixed now) and she said I should email Customer Care in the future about things like that. I'm not sure what my reluctance is. It did feel easier/more informal to email Leanne though.

Nah, no finders fee unfortunately 😀. I think if it was just on the product page I would of put it in the "found a typo" thread. I could of used live chat but then the person I would of been chatting to would of had to write an email to the correct department so I thought I would save them the hassle get everything down on one email and let them just forward it on to the correct people. I wouldn't email Leanne directly unless it was in response to an email or unless I had a question about a tester. Thankfully I think the customer care team are pretty informal (still professional though) no matter which method you use to get in touch.

K&c30's wrote:

I wouldn't email Leanne directly unless it was in response to an email or unless I had a question about a tester.

Yeah, looking back I'm not sure why I thought she'd appreciate it. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

K&c30's wrote:

I wouldn't email Leanne directly unless it was in response to an email or unless I had a question about a tester.

Yeah, looking back I'm not sure why I thought she'd appreciate it. 🙂

Well you saved them losing money so I am sure it was appreciated. Maybe the email address that Leanne looks after isn't monitored as much as customer care email address especially if Leanne is off. If I see a glitch or a typo that I think needs looking at soon but it's the weekend I will contact live chat as I don't think the forums are actively monitored over the weekend.

That's pretty much what Leanne said. 🙂 I can't see myself emailing Customer Care about that sort of thing though, but I'll definitely bear it in mind in future.

I'm still eagerly awaiting the results of the run-time tests on high if you're still planning on doing it? 🙂👍

Ian Chimp wrote:

That's pretty much what Leanne said. 🙂 I can't see myself emailing Customer Care about that sort of thing though, but I'll definitely bear it in mind in future.

I'm still eagerly awaiting the results of the run-time tests on high if you're still planning on doing it? 🙂👍

I got so bored last night waiting for the Desire to die that I didn't run the high speed test. Mrs K&C is off for a couple of days so it may be a few days before I get to run the second test. Feae not though it will be done by the end of the week

Well the results are in. The Desire on its highest constant setting- 1 hour 10 minutes. The Mantric Bullet- 29 minutes. Not a bad performance. The Desire must of changed it battery as I don't think our previous one lasted this long. Ian- you may have to run the test on the Tango 😀

K&c30's wrote:

Well the results are in. The Desire on its highest constant setting- 1 hour 10 minutes. The Mantric Bullet- 29 minutes. Not a bad performance. The Desire must of changed it battery as I don't think our previous one lasted this long. Ian- you may have to run the test on the Tango 😀

That's quite a difference. And useful to know if you like a long session and need a toy to last the distance. I'll try and do the Tango this weekend and see how that compares. 🙂

It's strange as I am sure the battery life of our original Desire bullet wasn't this good even when it was new. With it lasting over 2 hours on the lowest setting and over an hour in the highest I am wondering if the battery has been upgraded too. The product page says a full charge can give up to an hours use but that's been proved wrong. I am considering writing a new review as my first was a bit shite (being the first review I had written) and with the new settings and improved battery. I may drop CC an email to see if the changes were deliberate and will be kept before I do though as I don't want to say it has 4 constants and an improved battery if they are going to roll the changes back.

It should really be re-listed under a new product code with a new page and information if there's been so many changes to it. The reviews of the old model are going to make very little sense when buying this new one.

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder why it wasn't advertised as new and improved?

Looking forward to the battery battle results!

I've just done the Tango on 'Ultra' (the highest) and it lasted 1 hour 40 minutes. It did get a bit hot though.

Ian Chimp wrote:

I've just done the Tango on 'Ultra' (the highest) and it lasted 1 hour 40 minutes. It did get a bit hot though.

Winner winner chicken dinner. It's boring just watching it buzz away alone isn't it?

I had it on next to me while I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I'm not sure I could've just sat there watching it for all that time. 🙂

Ahh I watched TV whilst doing it. 1 hour 40 though on its highest setting... that's crazy.