Has anyone brought a Desire bullet recently?

We took delivery of a new Desire bullet this week. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36366

This was to replace our year old Desire bullet as it's become a little glitchy. Now this isn't a complaint, and it won't be returned but I am interested to see if other people have the same sequence.

The old bullet you get 3 constant vibration levels and then on to the patterns. It is still advertised as having 3 levels of intensity however the new bullet has 4 constant settings???? Doesn't appear to effect the lowest/highest vibration power but it gives a an extra medium level.

I've just checked ours and that has 4 constants. (we got ours mid-september). I've compared it to the pattern diagram in the instruction booklet and that not only says 3 speeds 17 patterns, but when you cycle through them the patterns don't match up with what the booklet says it should be. I think the booklet may need updating.

How strange, it must of had it's microchip updated since we brought our original ( December 2017). Not just the booklet that needs updating but also the web page and the box as all of it says 3 levels of vibration (it's being under sold)

I'll let you put it in the typo thread. I keep posting the wrong things in there and I think Leanne is getting irritated with me. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

I'll let you put it in the typo thread. I keep posting the wrong things in there and I think Leanne is getting irritated with me. 🙂

Well you have been here long enough to get it right 😁. I will post it in on Monday so it doesn't get pushed back over the weekend. Make it easier to spot. Weird though that you got yours 5 months ago and the information hasn't been updated, was it an intential "upgrade" in the chip or a happy accident.

I'm still not 100% sure. 🙂 I'm leaving them to someone else from now on.

I still wonder sometimes too if things should be posted in certain threads or not. I think you have got it down. Don't be put off.

K&c30's wrote:

I still wonder sometimes too if things should be posted in certain threads or not. I think you have got it down. Don't be put off.

Nice try. 🙂 I'm definitely letting you do this one. 👍

I don't tend to hit the typo thread unless I've spotted one (rare, think I've only posted there once), so no idea how often you post there, Mr Chimp.

But both you and K&c30's are enormously helpful here. If I need help (frequently!), no matter what I ask I can always count on either/both of you to chime in with something useful (plus I love the offer tips!). Many thanks, both.

I know what you mean, though. I tend to ask a question after I've answered on a thread, ending up hijacking it! It's probably very annoying to some people, and I do apologise, but when my mind fixes on something I forget everything else.

I blame my nerve problem (OH says I get on his last at times ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)).

I think it's just a helpful person's nature.

And now I'm going to do it again... Matric bullet, K&c30's?

I got my Desire bullet yesterday. The booklet is so out of date that it also claims to have last vibe memory. I was horrified when I read it as I deliberately chose it to not do that. Sooo relieved when the booklet was wrong. It also does have four constants which suits me perfectly. I was going to mention it in my review when I've had a chance to use it properly.

Is it as strong as the old one?

I appreciated the strength, but the frequency was a bit off for me.

VR wrote:

VR wrote:

It's bloody brilliant. I think you under sold it, especially with the pretty lights 😀. It certainly did it's job. Thank you for the recommendation.

The Desire bullet is still as powerful. Mrs K&C really responds to the Desire frequency. We were pondering this the other night, I proposed that her clit responds best to the Desire bullet because it's the frequency that she first experienced such pleasure and now her clit has associated that frequency with orgasms. Whilst other frequencies work, they don't work as quickly.

BeeMine wrote:

I got my Desire bullet yesterday. The booklet is so out of date that it also claims to have last vibe memory. I was horrified when I read it as I deliberately chose it to not do that. Sooo relieved when the booklet was wrong. It also does have four constants which suits me perfectly. I was going to mention it in my review when I've had a chance to use it properly.

Oh I hadn't even noticed that. I may have to have a proper read through the instruction book.

K&c30's wrote:

VR wrote:

VR wrote:

It's bloody brilliant. I think you under sold it, especially with the pretty lights 😀. It certainly did it's job. Thank you for the recommendation.

The Desire bullet is still as powerful. Mrs K&C really responds to the Desire frequency. We were pondering this the other night, I proposed that her clit responds best to the Desire bullet because it's the frequency that she first experienced such pleasure and now her clit has associated that frequency with orgasms. Whilst other frequencies work, they don't work as quickly.

Phew! I never minded recc'ing in the old days of being able to return if you don't like (though I still appreciate the happiness guarantee).

I do believe that clits can be spoilt! I started off with one of the sub-tenner vibes and worked my way up, though I have bought a vibe that she doesn't like at all that did cost quite a bit. She tries to turn her nose up at the cheapie when I go back for nostalgia but will get there in the end.

She does like her Mantric, though. It's the only strong bullet I can keep re-using without sensitivity issues spoiling my orgasm.

So glad she likes it. How does it compare to the new Desire?

You should still throw out some recommendations (after all it's very helpful) people still have 30 days to try things out and return if they aren't a winner. It's too early to really compare it them for her. From my point of view though I think value for money the Mantric would win. It has the same power level, rechargable, waterproof. Everything the Desire has, but also has the multi-use tip. Above all though it has COOL lights!

It IS excellent value for money if you can get it on an offer. Think I paid £23 for mine.

I don't know if it's my imagination or that I'm reaching for it more but the battery doesn't seem to last as long as the Tango. The pretty lights probably don't help either.

I'd be interested to know if you think the battery is on par with the Desire.

Off you go, get testing ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

VR wrote:

It IS excellent value for money if you can get it on an offer. Think I paid £23 for mine.

I don't know if it's my imagination or that I'm reaching for it more but the battery doesn't seem to last as long as the Tango. The pretty lights probably don't help either.

I'd be interested to know if you think the battery is on par with the Desire.

Off you go, get testing

Well looks like I have my homework for this evening 😀

The Desire (according to the unreliable instruction booklet 🙂) is 90 minute charge for 60 minute run-time, whereas the Tango is a 90 minute charge for a 2 hour run-time. The Tango does have an Ni-MH battery rather than a Li-ion though so its standby is only 2 months rather than 3, and it may also need a full discharge/recharge cycle more often to remind it what a real 'full charge' should be.

The Mantric Bullet is also a 90 minute charge for 60 minutes run-time (190MaH Li-ion battery)

Hope this adds something. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

K&c30's wrote:

Nice try. 🙂 I'm definitely letting you do this one. 👍
I chickened out. I have sent an email to the customer care team. As it's more than just a typo on the website, I though an email would be better as it can be forwarded on to the relevant departments.

Ian Chimp wrote:

The Desire (according to the unreliable instruction booklet 🙂) is 90 minute charge for 60 minute run-time, whereas the Tango is a 90 minute charge for a 2 hour run-time. The Tango does have an Ni-MH battery rather than a Li-ion though so its standby is only 2 months rather than 3, and it may also need a full discharge/recharge cycle more often to remind it what a real 'full charge' should be.

The Mantric Bullet is also a 90 minute charge for 60 minutes run-time (190MaH Li-ion battery)

Hope this adds something. 🙂

Oh I going to make them battle it out to the death with a stopwatch to determine a winner 😀 twice!!! Once on the lowest and then again on the highest.