:( heeeelp my lelo wand large is dead

Hope you can advice me please. My wand is dead. Bought it more than a year ago(or at least I think so) haven't used it for ages. Took it out today and decided to charge it. 2 hours and nothings happening. What to do, is it lost forever? (no I don't have a receipt, didn't register it, don't remember when exactly purchased)

Eek. Did you not buy it here?

I'd contact Lelo if you at least have the numbers on the box and can tell them where and roughly when it was purchased. Maybe they can do something, sex toy companies do tend to be rather helpful. At the very least you could hopefully claim their 10 year guarantee which entitles you to 50% off your next purchase direct from them if you toy becomes faulty within 10 years. Depending how long 'ages' is, you could have killed it by not charging it regularly enough. Or it could just be faulty. But definitely get in touch with Lelo and explain you simply don't have the receipt anymore but can they cover it under their year warranty or their 10 year guarantee. Perhaps say it was a gift?

It's always worth contacting lelo and saying what's happened, a lot of companies will be flexible with warranties if you are polite.

If it has ran out of warranty its lost forever

There's also another point here, rechargeable items require using/charging often, if left for a long time flat, the battery cannot be recovered, a new battery would fix it but I bet its all sealed.

I have the Lelo wand large. I don't use it often, and when I take it out, it usually is dead flat. I put it to charge and leave it until the led turns off (indication of full charge with Lelo toys) - this might take you longer than the stated couple of hours. So far had no issues with it not taking the charge or not working afterwards and I've had it for a couple of years with it coming out to play maybe once every 3 months or less.

I personally have no pleasant experiences with Lelo's customer care, only negative ones and they all required their attention with registered products, having the proof of purchase at hand and within the 1 year warranty!!! But it is also true that Lelo has since rethought their company policy and website and all and their customer care might have improved (as in now it is handled by real humans and not BOTs). But I am fairly sure that without a receipt and the authenticity card (for registration of the product) they will not help you even if you say it was bought less than a year ago... Of course, it is always worth a try...

I would advise you to leave the wand in charge for as long as it takes and only give up on it if more than shall we say six hours have passed and it still doesn't give lifesigns. Is the led on while charging by the way at least? If yes, I'd say should be a god sign, just give it more time. Also, make sure you use the wand's own charger (other Lelo toys' chargers seem the same, might be compatible, but have lower amperage which means there's less electricity that passes thru to the toy).

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

There's also another point here, rechargeable items require using/charging often, if left for a long time flat, the battery cannot be recovered, a new battery would fix it but I bet its all sealed.

I have one rechargeable vibrator bought about a year and a half ago here (now discontinued) and that holds exceptionally well its charge. It never dies flat by un-use, even though it stays in the drawer for months at a time. Most other rechargeable toys hold theirs too, but they do weaken in months' time. Lelo toys however die flat after just days or a couple of weeks. Especially the large wand is bad at it, but also my other Lelo toys quickly follow on this list. My Kiiroo Pearl is like that too, however the Onyx isn't.

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

And that's the exact reason why I do NOT think that rechargeable toys are a brilliant idea! I killed a mobile phone through non-use (battery could be changed), a cordless drill (replaced it with a Makita which I try to use more often) and possibly a laptop battery (doesn't matter, it lives hooked up to the outlet).

We probably should take all normally unused recharcheable toys out once a month (at least), switch them on, have the battery more or less empty and recharge them.

Life with rechargeable removeable batteries is so much easier!

We should all use our rechargeable toys as much as we possibly can. Given the pleasure they give us it's our responsibility to look after and cherish them![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

![](upload://vsZAqK62RaQWD13ReBk2BlQBseS.gif)

Subby_hubby_maid wrote:

We should all use our rechargeable toys as much as we possibly can. Given the pleasure they give us it's our responsibility to look after and cherish them![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

Haha yes! Poor LELO wand. They have a 10 year warranty so if you can try and find out when you purchased it, they might be able to help. In future, remember to register them, can be very expensive to replace otherwise x

I had Lelo medium wand. I found the battery would be flat if left for a couple of weeks... Very disappointing. Luckily I was with my year of purchase and got a refund. I won't buy another Lelo product again because of this issue. I instead opted for something more reliable as a replacement. Good luck x