Hello from south wales!

Hi! My names Elise and i live in south wales! Nice to meet you all :smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Elise :blush::+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi from new south wales…

2 Likes

south wales… very nice to meet you Elisehelen11. I need a little help with Canadian English versus UK English. Obviously, Canada is influenced by the USA but our roots are in the UK. My grandparents immigrated from Blackpool in the early 1950’s looking for work so I know many British terms and customs but occasionally I come up with one I am not certain about. Can you help me out as a Canadian to Uk translator?

I know about boot, bonnet and a lori. No idea why you call trucks loris but whatever. Knickers… this one I need to know. Are knickers female only or underwear for both men and women?

Why on earth do you use both metric and imperial measurements??? Width of of a bed is in mm yet the speed of a car is in mph. I don’t get it.

Absolutely love the real HP sauce btw. American company has bought the rights (Heinz) over here and changed it but a few real UK shops still have the real thing from the UK on this side of the pond.

Let’s not even start about the US spelling…

I don’t consider myself Brit but do consider it my heritage.

• Bryan
1 Like

Hello Elise and welcome, :wave:

1 Like

Greetings and Welcome @Elisehelen11 :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi :wave: @Elisehelen11
Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi and welcome

1 Like

Welcome another Welsh member of the team i am from cardiff

1 Like

Welcome. Also in South Wales. Good to see the Welsh are keeping it spicy :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hey @Elisehelen11 :wave::wave:

Morning and welcome :orange_heart:

Hi and Welcome :smiley:

Hi @Elisehelen11 :wave:
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome, enjoy the forum

Helloooo

Welcome @Elisehelen11

I’m also from wales - just outside Swansea and there are a lot of Welsh on this web site - proof that the Welsh are not just great singers but also great lovers :wales:

2 Likes

Hello :wave:t2: and welcome.

1 Like

Welcome!

Hi,
Welcome to the forum