Help/advice? Vac-u-lock suction cup, great reviews but I've found it useless?!

Hi there, I bought the suction cup base from Doc Johnson's Vac-u-lock range with high hopes due to the rave reviews and good reputation.. However I've found it utterly useless as a suction cup - the only way I can use it is as an anchor in an o-ring strap on harness!

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried using it wet and dry, on both horizontal and vertical surfaces that other suction cups always work great on, with varying pressure and without fail it releases within seconds, I don't know if there's a knack to it or if the particular one I have is a dud; several excellent reviews can't be a fluke but it's a product you pretty much can't mess up using! Help please?!

Hi Have you tried some lube on the cup? It sounds as if you have a faulty one, either a poor molding or perforated. Something's letting the air in.

I've tried water, lube, spit, nothing at all, can't think of anything else to try! Just wanted to see if I was missing anything before returning it for an exchange

If you've got a glass shower screen, stick it on, try pulling it off looking at the back side of it, you'll be able to see where it starts coming away, it's probably faulty moulding, exchange?

Hi cometoplay

Please contact our customer care team who will be more than happy to assist you with this problem.

Many thanks!

Sounds faulty or damaged to me, nothing worse than a suction cup that stops sticking,

Great thanks guys!