Help advise urethra sounding/stretching

Hi sorry if this has been discussed before but cannot find the thread. I’ve just reasently got into urethral play/sounding. Here’s my dilemma I’ve tried sounds and plugs and have managed to get up to 6mm sound and the 7mm short plug. Attempted the sextreme 8 mm bobbled sound put no matter how slow I canno get it passed the first barrier. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Yes I’m using plenty of lube

Try smooth steel sounds? You can buy ones which are two sizes one each end with a chamfer in the center to the larger size so it's easier to in crease size as it's already open and it's only a 1mm difference and go from there, I used to be able to do 12mm all the way and 15mm about 2/3 down my shaft. Give it a few days off too or it can get sore.

Why do you need to go bigger?

Hi Quite ones are worse! they are the sounds I’ve used started with 3/4 mm moved to 5/6 mm which also was fine but unless you buy a set the next stage 7/8mm is unavailable on lovehoney 🙁.

As you wish! Just want to push the boundaries a little further 🙂

Sorry I didn’t mention steel sounds for me are better especially the ones that Quite ones are worse! Mentioned.

Just go carefully. If you cause small tears the resulting scarring can actually cause narrowing. It is not a muscle like the anal sphincter.

Ty As You Wish! I think the smooth sounds are the way to go as the ribbed/ ones that have a shoulder don’t seem too suit me. I’ll have to ask customer service if I can return the others

I've never tried but I'm guessing a nice relaxing bath might help. Relaxing is always key, don't push yourself to hard x

I have an 8mm smooth steel one and with lube it just drops in under it`s own weight,i have tried 9mm,but i need to work on that extra millimetre!

Not sure about these. Do they feel good?

When I read this tread I get the shivers evening thinking about this
Is this painful

Not at all as long as you lube and start with an approriately sized sound.

Do you mind me asking so do you want with this in and have me interested now

Hi dub guy if you see Jess Wilde’s advice about urethral play, you can find out all you need. once you’ve tried as long as you don’t go to big too start, the feelings after a while are fantastic.

Although I have been into urethral play for a long time I don't see the value in stretching to try to get ever larger sounds inside. The narrowest part of the urethra is just about 10mm down and then it widens out suddenly into the fossa navicularis before becoming gradually narrower further down.

One of the most pleasurable sensations of urethral play is the 'pop' you get as a rosebud sound enters the fossa. I fear that If you stretch the opening it is likely to reduce the step change at that point and reduce that sensation. Also I find that, further down, the sensation of using an 8mm sound is little different to using a 7mm sound so don't think pushing to get a 9mm sound in would be worth the trouble and that a prostate orgasm is entirely possible using a sound that is a reasonably comfortable fit through the constriction.

Gyrator53 wrote:

Although I have been into urethral play for a long time I don't see the value in stretching to try to get ever larger sounds inside. The narrowest part of the urethra is just about 10mm down and then it widens out suddenly into the fossa navicularis before becoming gradually narrower further down.

One of the most pleasurable sensations of urethral play is the 'pop' you get as a rosebud sound enters the fossa. I fear that If you stretch the opening it is likely to reduce the step change at that point and reduce that sensation. Also I find that, further down, the sensation of using an 8mm sound is little different to using a 7mm sound so don't think pushing to get a 9mm sound in would be worth the trouble and that a prostate orgasm is entirely possible using a sound that is a reasonably comfortable fit through the constriction.

Personally I think there are potentially three 'pleasures' from this type of play.

1. Just the sliding in and out and the stimulation that brings.

2. The 'pop' as mentioned above with the plugs that then go down to a tapered neck as Gyrator mentions.

3. Those who just want to get bigger and bigger and see how far they can go.

Each to their own or perhaps a bit of mix and match?

I guess it is no different to anal play, some find a size they are happy with and stick to that, some like a bulbous plug that pops in and others like to put very big things into themselves.

As long as there is no pain and sizes are increased gradually ...

I just starting to do the sounding thing. For me it feels real good. When I pull out the sounding Device, it feels like I'm cumming.

I got to admit, that urethral play is not everybody cup of tea. But for me it is fun and feels fantastic.

Totally agree with Private_member the only thing I have trouble with are the budded sounds the shouldered ones are difficult to remove with me that is. I prefer the smooth curved sounds.

Also Big Jason +1