❗ Help us test the new sidebar!

Hey All!

I remember there was some confusion surrounding the new sidebar last time we launched it, however our current menu is no longer going to be supported.

I’m going to make the new sidebar menu live for the next few days so we can flesh out where it is confusing (and hopefully fix those issues) before it is made fully live next month.

Please comment any issues you find with it in this thread, and we will take a look and see if we can fix them! :smiley:

Thank you all for your help!

12 Likes

Morning Brenna.
I think it’s quite a good layout.
It does make the main forum a lot smaller, so could it be closed easier or made smaller?

I would personally like to see the sub categories placed above the social media links.

Thanks

1 Like

If anyone gets lost after hitting a category, and wants to see all recent threads again, rather than select a category, hit the Lovehoney logo at the top, as ‘All Categories’ will present like this, listing all categories again. Although perhaps this could be workshopped?
*Also this sidebar can be closed by hitting the burger menu in the top left on desktop :smiling_face:

1 Like

@Bonzo2020 If you click on the hamburger, it closes completely, if that helps.

3 Likes

If anyone is feeling fruity, you can customise it just for you as well. If you want to add/remove categories you’re interested in, you can use the little edit pencil that shows up next to the ‘categories’ header. And there’s a :heavy_plus_sign: button at the bottom to add in whole sections of custom links too. :+1: (So if you need a quick link to the Lovehoney butt plugs in your menu you can pop it right there :clubs: :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I think the indents look a little wonky, especially when collapsed. I think they’d flow better left-aligned:

Untitled

The icon input box on the add custom section is the wrong proportion:

There are a lot of Lovehoney custom icons showing up in the icon list that may need tidying-up/renaming:

The Icon list dropdown is also super wide:

The transition from mobile swoops in from the left, but then docks on the right. It would be smoother if it was one or the other.

I also think the ‘Follow us on…’ section would be more useful reordered to the bottom to allow for the categories to be more convenient to get to at the top.

3 Likes

I only ever go on here from my mobile, which is slightly different it seems from desktop (which you’d expect, but just saying my opinion is based on mobile).
I liked that you could click specifically for new posts, or replies on the ones that you’re following. Not sure that functionality is available on this version but I didn’t see it.
I also agree that I’d like the topics to be available before the social media links.
One thing I do like though is the homepage that has all posts from all categories in a time based order. Not sure if that was available in the last one, but I wasn’t aware of it.

1 Like

Sorry if being stupid, but I don’t see a ‘Hambuger’
I am viewing via IPad, which normally follows the ‘Mobile’ screens.
It eventually closed, but is harder to get back than the last menu set up.

I know that these do not directly relate to the sidebar but they have all started when the Sidebar has been turned enabled. All was good yesterday.

Having quite a few problems in Edge.
I can’t select any threead from the main screen, it goes blue but nothing happens. I have to right click and open the thread in a new tab.
If I try to add a like (or other) symbol to a post it does not add and the page scrolls up 20 or so threads.
If I try to reply to a thread or a post the thread scrolls to the very top and I cannot reply.

That’s it so far.

LPX

Sorry, the Hamburger is what the block of three horizontal lines is called. If you are on a large screen, these are now to the left of the LH heart logo block on the top line.

1 Like

I thought my browser was having a off day then i noticed the sidebar.

1 Like

Am I blind well probably with all the masturbating I do :rofl: but where is the unread tab

That could be a common problem on here :smile:

Agreed. I’d like the follow us last. I could maybe even see the Categories section living at the very top.

Also agree with the comment that the headers (Categories, Follow us, etc) should be left aligned so they read as first when the menus are expanded.

Getting used to this sidebar now, does seem to be working better than last time.
One suggestion though would be, could the New and Unread topic links be included on the sidebar? I use these quite often but think at the moment with this sidebar, you need to click on the Topics first then into those sections - just a suggestion :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I think I must be going crazy, I can’t see anything different on my mobile. It looks the same as yesterday. What am I missing? Is it just the desktop version that’s changed?

@Kitty-Cat01 , it’s the drop down menu from the hamburger that has changed (symbol next to your profile image on your mobile). I never use it, I always navigate from the home screen or the drop down from my profile pic so it makes no difference to me what’s on it :woman_shrugging:t2:.

1 Like

Oh! I don’t i ever use it, that’s why I didn’t notice! I think I’m on here so often that i can just scroll down to see what’s happened since i last checked.

1 Like

I like the layout so far but the updates take a good minute to navigate!

I actually really like it :+1: if I was making an changes I would personally make the following changes

Make the titles “follow us on” and “categories” in bold to stand out from the content below them.

I would move the “more” open up tab to the left inline with the other titles as it looks bit odd stood out on it own.

This is based on mobile device user which is the many way we view :nerd_face:

1 Like