Help With Biting Off More Than You Can Chew ...

Ok, so I've been going back and forth with questions in the forum about toys, etc - and everyone has been really helpful.

I've also been going back and forth with orders from Lovehoney, to find the right product!

This is a bit of an embarrassing question, but I thought I'd bite the bullet anyway and ask.
I spent a lot of time looking at measurements on the site.
After returning a few (unused) products, I finally opted on this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7331

Ok, so going to get a bit personal here ... It's listed as 6.5" - but the circumference is listed as 5.75", which was what I was kind of hoping for ...
It's arrived - and it's great - and, erm, it's NOT 5.75 - it's more like 6.25 - and those extra few measurements make all the difference! I've even taken a tape measure to it, and it's well over 6" in circumference - as I say, more 6.25.
I tried it out this morning and it was really uncomfortable and has left me feeling bruised all day - despite using LOTS of lube with it. I was wanting something in the 5.5 to 6" range.

I originally looked at: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27176, but dismissed it because I didn't think it would be satisfying enough, but now I'm wondering if the sizings are out.

I love the everything else about the one I ordered - especially the texture - and I couldn't find anything on the site that was going to be comparable in terms of quality, etc.
So my question is ...

Should I contact customer services (yet again!) and query the sizing. Will I gradually stretch (sorry if TMI!) to accommodate it over time - or is it likely that if it's uncomfortable and I can't accommodate all of it initially, it's not likely to be any different over time?
I'd also feel weird sending it back if I've used it.
Sorry if all this is too much information!

You are well within your rights to send it back, espechially if the sizing on the item was wrong! So don't feel bad at all if thats what you choose to do. It is quite a girthy toy at 6.25" personally I'd have to warm up with a smaller toy first. 

However when I was first sexual active, I couldn't fit a finger in there it was so er.. tight. Its taken regular play just to be able to have sex, now I have zero issues though and my OH is on the huge side of big and as long as I'm really aroused he fits. So yeah I do think your parts learn to accomadate any regulars! :P I do find that being horny and ready makes a massive difference to what I can fit in, some days I can't use a big toy. Somedays I have no problem.

I've had toys that I didnt use for months because I thought they were to big for me the first time I played but came back to them another time and found no problems inserting them. 

You have a whole year to make your decesion. I would advise playing with yourself as a warm up to the toy, and remember toys like this need a LOT of lube.

Good luck x

Hey Cheeky Monkey

Firstly, don't be embarrassed about anything - it's what we're here for!

I'm so sorry about any incorrect info in our online measurements. We put a lot of time and effort into making sure these correct and accurate. I'll ask our Sex Toy Expert to grab one from stock and remeasure it so we have accurate info online. Don't worry about contacting Customer Care in this instance as I've picked it up. If you spot anything else along these lines though, please do get in touch

So - onto your Q's.

1) Please don't be put off of our other dimension guidelines. Just because this one seems to have gone awry doesn't reflect on the other products - seems like this one is a simple error or the product has been changed by the supplier since we last measured it. Please do trust the info on the other products -  our measurements shouldn't be out. 

2) Everyone's bodies are different, but over time with more experience using insertable toys you should begin to notice you can accommodate larger toys. In fact, most people who like using large toys (length or girth) will always warm up with a smaller toy first. The more you're turned on, the more your vagina expands. Trying to get straight in there with a moderate-to-large toy will most likely never work as you need to get everything relaxed, ready and juiced up, so to speak. (Speaking of juiced up - did you use plenty of lube? Lube will reduce friction, swelling and the sensation of bruising so make sure you always use it - even if you think you're wet enough)

3) Please don't feel weird about sending it back! We receive used items all the time and fully expect it. If you decide that the toy really isn't for you, just use the usual returns form, letting us know why you're sending it back and that it has been used. Before you do this though I think it would be worth you experimenting a few more times in different positions and with a proper warm up first as it seems you really like the toy itself. After all, you do have a year to send it back! 

For an alternative toy, have you considered the King Cock Ultra Realistic Dildo with Suction Cup 6.5 Inch? Or if you want to spend a bit more you could browse the Vixen range.

Good luck and have fun experimenting, but if anything hurts or feels wrong, stop and try something else. 

Hey Cheeky Monkey

Firstly, don't be embarrassed about anything - it's what we're here for!

I'm so sorry about any incorrect info in our online measurements. We put a lot of time and effort into making sure these correct and accurate. I'll ask our Sex Toy Expert to grab one from stock and remeasure it so we have accurate info online. Don't worry about contacting Customer Care in this instance as I've picked it up. If you spot anything else along these lines though, please do get in touch

So - onto your Q's.

1) Please don't be put off of our other dimension guidelines. Just because this one seems to have gone awry doesn't reflect on the other products - seems like this one is a simple error or the product has been changed by the supplier since we last measured it. Please do trust the info on the other products -  our measurements shouldn't be out. 

2) Everyone's bodies are different, but over time with more experience using insertable toys you should begin to notice you can accommodate larger toys. In fact, most people who like using large toys (length or girth) will always warm up with a smaller toy first. The more you're turned on, the more your vagina expands. Trying to get straight in there with a moderate-to-large toy will most likely never work as you need to get everything relaxed, ready and juiced up, so to speak. (Speaking of juiced up - did you use plenty of lube? Lube will reduce friction, swelling and the sensation of bruising so make sure you always use it - even if you think you're wet enough)

3) Please don't feel weird about sending it back! We receive used items all the time and fully expect it. If you decide that the toy really isn't for you, just use the usual returns form, letting us know why you're sending it back and that it has been used. Before you do this though I think it would be worth you experimenting a few more times in different positions and with a proper warm up first as it seems you really like the toy itself. After all, you do have a year to send it back! 

For an alternative toy, have you considered the King Cock Ultra Realistic Dildo with Suction Cup 6.5 Inch orthe Wildfire CyberSkin European 7 Inch Realistic Dildo with Balls? Or if you want to spend a bit more you could browse the Vixen range.

Good luck and have fun experimenting, but if anything hurts or feels wrong, stop and try something else. 

Wow, thank you, Echo - and especially Jess! That's really helpful.
I still can't quite believe how brilliant the service at Lovehoney is!

I DID use LOTS of lube (I bought a big dispenser to go with the toy!) - but probably in retrospect, was a bit too keen and show have got to know it a little better first. I'm not new to toys, but haven't used anything this big before, so I guess I should have taken things a little slower.

I looked on the manufacturer's website after receiving it - and it does say 2" in diameter - which I think does work out at around 6.25" in circumference (if my rusty maths is to be trusted!).
Because I have so long to try it out, I think I will stick with it for now and see how I get on with it - with maybe a lot more foreplay and building up beforehand next time.

If it doesn't work out between us, then I'll look at the others on the site.
As I say, this is also a possibility: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27176 - but not sure if the sizing on that is accurate either!

Thanks again for all your help and advice - I really really appreciate it.

Cheeky_Monkey I would recommend warming up a bit maybe with something smaller and see how you are doing. Lots of great advice on here and good luck with finding something that works well for you.

From personal experience your body will with time adobo date more. I have spent almost 3 months trying to accommodate the large end of the swan wand, abs now I can and its great. I also use and love a glass dildo (big) and a silicon one that are both much larger than I ever thought possible.

Take thing slowly, try playing in the bath as you will be more relaxed. Maybe give yourself the first orgasm with another toy or even your hand, before moving onto the toy.

Enjoy practicing!

Warming up is a great idea for big toys, and sometimes one you can't manage to use one day fits like a glove the next! You've got Lovehoney's great 1 year return period to give it a few shots before giving up on it.

Like posted above I have some toys that for no apparent reason I just can't manage some days. The body is a big mashup of emotions, relaxation, muscle tension and other things when it comes to sex

ToyDolly