Help With Prostate Massager

Hello everyone,

I am a straight male, very much new to the sex toy scene, and I'm looking for some guidance about a prostate massager I just purchased.

It is the Nexus Revo 2.

I have used it twice now and, while pleasant, it hasn't resulted in the 'amazing' orgasms that I had read about in the product reviews and testimonials. It seems as though my erections aren't even as hard as they should be. Perhaps I have been too preoccupied with the 'new feeling' down there...?

Silly as it may sound, I wonder if I am even properly stimulating the prostate. How does one know?

If anyone else here has any experience with this toy or something similar, could you perhaps share your success stories? Is there a particular position and/or setting that works best?

Thanks for any insight or advice!

Cheers!

Hi boots,

It's not uncommon to lose your erection during prostate stimulation as the sensations can be so intense, so don't worry about that.

Because the sensations are so different, it will take a while for you to get used to them, especially if this is your first experience of prostate stimulation. You need to take your time with it, try different positions and basically keep experimenting. It took me some months with a 'normal' prostate massager (the Nexus Nero) before I managed to reach P-spot nirvana, and even then it wasn't completely hands-free.

Lying on your side in a foetal position with your legs together can work well, as can sitting forward so that the massager is directly underneath and then rocking back and fo

I've just splashed out on a Revo 2 myself, so will keep you updated!

I suspect you bought a toy that is either a little too big or a little overcomplicated. I would've suggested the Aneros Helix. The concept of real prostate massagers (those that are anatomically designed) is to do nothing. They don't work for everyone, and factors like health and blood pressure and medication can all affect how sensitive your prostate is, but they DO work. Don't try to feel anything or force it to move, just let it do it's thing. In the end it may be a case of it works or it doesn't for you, but practice helps.

Prostates can be kind of tricky and fickle. I don't think there is a 'right' way so long as you're being safe (lube, no dangerous materials and being careful not to hurt yourself.) For some people it might be dildos, others it might be vibration, for some the leave it alone method, others rapid thrusting or pressure. (I like all of these at different times)

From my understanding, it's almost as if you have to programme your body to respond to that type of stimulation and the way to do that is to pay attention to your body, practice with different things and be patient.

I suppose one way to think about it is to think about female bodied folks. Most have a clitoris and a g-spot, and what works for one part of the body might not work for the other. Same with the penis and the prostate. If you're used to how your penis reacts, how you're penis feels and how your body responds to penis stimulation it can be easy to think that you'll get the same thing, only in your butt. For me, it feels really, really different. If I try and think of my prostate as a penis I get frustrated, which can make things just feel like nothings happening.

For a start, it's probably best just living in the land of "I want this to feel good," rather than "I want this to make me cum." I've been playing with my ass for a looooong time and I don't think i've ever had a prostate orgasm, which doesn't mean that they were wasted sessions. A lot of the time the feelings can be incredible, other times just good, sometimes I start something and I can tell it's just not gonna be a butt day.

Prostates can a lot more time to get going too. It might take a lot of stimulation in one session for it to start to feel good. A long, slow warm up might be needed. Plus, one day you might do something that feels incredible that yesterday felt blah. This for me has been especially true with the Aneros. I've had sessions with that thing that have risen and dipped like a rollercoaster and I can find that too frustrating. Also, more isn't always better. I've sometimes felt on the edge of a prostate orgasm and then sped up like I would to cum if I was doing it with my penis, and then have the sensations drop off rather than build up.

Not sure if I have a conclusion to this, other than to try different things and focus on the now while you're in it. Pay attention to the little changes and don't be put off if it feels inconsistent.

I agree with Pixieking. Most guys I have personally spoke to about prostate pleasure (admittedly not many) and my own guy, have all told stories that suggest prostate orgasm takes time. It's like, a learned skill. Okay let me put it this way, it took my guy a whole year of anal fun before he experienced his first prostate orgasm (He orgasmed from a vibrator anally, with zero penis stimulation). Since then, it became much easier, but he still often has days when he can't, or it just isnt happening.

Pixie is right....different men get there through different means. Some can get there from a finger, others need something bigger and have a favourite toy. Some might require vibrations, thrusting or jiggling movements. It is also very common for men to enjoy anal for years or decades and NEVER reach prostate orgasm, but they will use a toy in conjunction with penis stimulation for a heightened orgasm (and some say...more semen too) Each guy discovers what works best for him over time.

As they say....the pleasure is in the journey!

Wow, thanks so much for such prompt replies.

Had another go with the Revo today and just tried to be more patient in letting it do its thing.

As I said originally, the experience is by no means unpleasant. It's very nice, really. I think I simply got carried away by the superlative reviews I had read and so I was somehow expecting some earth-shattering event from the very start.

I suppose the orgasm does feel more intense in a way. A little 'sharper' somehow, for lack of a better term. Can anyone share how a prostate-driven orgasm might feel different to them?

Thanks again for such friendly and helpful responses. Being new to both toys and to this community, I couldn't have asked for a nicer welcome.

:)

Well you went in at the deep end for a first toy starting with a pricey toy which in all honesty does look very interesting.

As others have said I think it is a matter of each person being slightly different and some times it just wont hit the spot for one person while another will absolutely love it.

Personally have only tried one specifically designed for prostate

(Rudeboy http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11058)

and found it hit the spot, just have to experiment with positions and movements until you do. Its one of those things that I dont think you would use all the time but i'm sure there are other people who would say the opposite.

Hi Alpha,

Yes, I did sort of jump into the deep end straight away, but I was honestly swayed by all the positive reviews I had read. So far, I think it has been worth the investment.

After reading more about prostate massagers in general, it sounds like perhaps some of the best results come from flexing the muscles down there while the toy is at work, so I'll have to experiment with that next time.

I probably shouldn't have posted my concerns so soon after only first trying the toy, but I suppose that was my overall inexperience talking. After reading more and getting the responses here, I better understand the time it can take to get things just right.

Many thanks again to all for the help! :)

@bootsorhearts - I own a Nero 2 and a couple of the Aneros massagers as well, and I agree with everything that's been posted above.

its about taking your time, relaxing, breathing and enjoying the experience. You won't always p-gas, but it doesn't take anything away from the experience.

Good luck!

(personally the rude boy is too long to the point of quite uncomfortable. and the bullet is rubbish too because it runs on 'n' cells)

there's a big 'ymmv' element to p-spot stimulation, some of which is about learning to recognise what an orgasm actually is, and separate it from the feeling of ejauculation.

in my experience the aneros toys work really well, but so do the nexus. persevere - and don't feel you're missing out if 'all you can manage' is mind-blowing w*nks with the toy in your bum. better orgasms and understanding your body are ends worthy of exploring in themselves.

if you're a prostate newbie struggling to work out what's going on, look to something that vibrates

Hi rubjunkie,

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I'm afraid I'm not familar with the 'ymmv' term, however. I imagine it's something pretty evident that I'm simply missing!

As for your suggestion of a prostate toy that vibrates, would you have any suggestions?

Cheers!

Hello everyone, I have been reading this post with interest.

I have been using anal toys for 18 months or so (Rude Boy is personal fave), and after several weeks of practice, i started to experience amazing orgasms (as manay as 10 in a session sometimes). However, I have recenttly found I cannot reach orgasm (sometimes no feeling at all). I am using the same toy, same position, just does not work for me at all anymore.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers.

What has changed in your life?
Stress
Weight
Diet
Fitness
exhaustion
Degree of hydration
All these and more can affect your sexual experience or maybe you've become desensitised and need to try something different for a bit

Hmm, that is interesting.

How recently is recently?

Basic question first I guess, but is the toy still functioning as well as it did before?

Was it a gradual thing, getting steadily less pleasurable; sporadic in that sometimes it would work and sometimes not that's dwindled to nothing or that one day it was amazing then nothing and been like that since?

I remmber reading years ago that cycling for top racers had the effect of brusing a nerve that then retarded mens orgazm !

could this toy being doing something simliar ?

You'll find that some toys just aren't for everyone, and aren't suited to your particular anatomy.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Revo 2. I love the idea behind it, but I find the tip to be a little long, so instead of gently massaging my prostate as it rotates, it misses it completely and pokes me somewhat uncomfortably in the back of the bladder.

By all means persevere with it and see if it gets any better, but you may end up just having to accept it isn't for you and send it back for a refund. I can recommend some alternatives if you'd like.

My review of the Revo 2 is here, if you want to see if any of it relates to your experience: http://incendiaire-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/nexus-revo-2.html

R1ch1e wrote:

Hello everyone, I have been reading this post with interest.

I have been using anal toys for 18 months or so (Rude Boy is personal fave), and after several weeks of practice, i started to experience amazing orgasms (as manay as 10 in a session sometimes). However, I have recenttly found I cannot reach orgasm (sometimes no feeling at all). I am using the same toy, same position, just does not work for me at all anymore.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers.

Hi, R1ch1e,

I was intrigued to hear of your success with anal play. I am still very much a rookie in this respect, so I was wondering if you would be willing to share some of your 'secrets' to success. I realize everyone is different, but I am curious about what has worked for others so that I can try it in my own efforts. Are there any particular positions, techniques, etc., that have been especially fulfilling?

Thanks for any input!

Incendiaire wrote:

You'll find that some toys just aren't for everyone, and aren't suited to your particular anatomy.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Revo 2. I love the idea behind it, but I find the tip to be a little long, so instead of gently massaging my prostate as it rotates, it misses it completely and pokes me somewhat uncomfortably in the back of the bladder.

By all means persevere with it and see if it gets any better, but you may end up just having to accept it isn't for you and send it back for a refund. I can recommend some alternatives if you'd like.

My review of the Revo 2 is here, if you want to see if any of it relates to your experience: http://incendiaire-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/nexus-revo-2.html

Hi, Icendiaire,

Thanks for contributing your insight to this thread. I enjoyed reading through your review of the Revo 2.

I feel like a right plonker for even asking such a stupid question, but I am honestly still not sure if I am properly 'accessing' my prostate when using the Revo 2. I have no idea what it is meant to feel like when it's being stimulated, so I'm simply left to assume the toy is hitting the right spot.

Again, I know we all experience this sort of play differently, but are there any 'telltale' feelings when the prostate is aroused? Is it comparable to anything?

Apologies for the inane questions, but I'm eager to learn!

Cheers.

I don't know about anyone else, but I know when i've hit my prostate because I get a funny feeling in my tummy.. haha. I don't really know how to explain it, it's not a horrible feeling... it's the sort of feeling I would get if I was nervous... but it feels good.. haha.

OK I really don't know what i'm talking about. It's hard to say really because I think everybody kind of experiences a little something different.

I tried going for the prostate orgasm about a year ago.. Spent hours on the subject and never ever got there although a nice feeling, nothing like the explosion or intense feelings that others have mentioned ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

I've now given up