Helpful tips for Lovehoney forum use - 2.0

Sorry for the late reply,

Thanks for your help. On Android 6.01, it is as you say ā€œAdd to Homescreenā€, but all that does is add what is effectively a short cut to the Forum Page (which show all the subject lines!)
In my case this is not ideal. Whilst my phone is password protected, once open, all my apps and shortcuts are on show.
Iā€™ve done a bit of searching and what suits me better is to use ā€œIncognito Modeā€ and there are Chrome extensions that hide Bookmarks. This I feel a bit more secure for the way I browse LH.

Thank you again

1 Like

Hi all,

Itā€™s me again with another small question. I am still getting used to the Forum and if I look at another memberā€™s profile that isnā€™t set to ā€œPrivateā€ I can see a web link which I assumed would open up with more details.
For example if I look at @Green_Eyed_Girl (above here ^^^) I can see that her profile isnā€™t Private and she has a web link in her name.
But, if I click on that link I get this message " Oh no! Weā€™re really sorry but this page is no longer available" and the LH Home Page pops up.
Would I be right in assuming that all those member profile links are now broken after the Forum Upgrade last year?
Hope that all make sense :thinking:

LC

Thatā€™s right. Theyā€™re the links to our old community profiles. Unfortunately they were deleted in the main website update a few months ago, so are no longer viewable. Lots of people still have them in their forum profiles though as they havenā€™t had a tidy up. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you sirā€¦

Being tech savvy myself, I guessed that was the answer. Gradually over time I guess, members will slowly clean up their profiles. Enjoy your weekend.

LC

1 Like

Embedding a Topic Title link

If you paste a link into the title box when you create a topic it will embed the link under the topic title. You can then change the title to something more descriptive. :+1:

However, if you flark up embedding a link in your new topic title or realise you forgot to add one, itā€™s actually possible to edit one in later, rather than scrub and start over. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

You need to edit the OP itself (not just the title), and temporarily cut and paste all of the existing content to somewhere else for safe-keeping. Once blank, you can then paste your link into the title box and you should see it generate a onebox in the body text. This should then embed the link into the topic header. :+1:

You can then save that, re-open it, and copy paste the original content back in that you saved to one side. And that should be that. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

User List Sort Order

You can now add different sort orders to the User List if you so desire. :slightly_smiling_face: Thereā€™s no dropdown list Iā€™m afraid, but here are the links:

You can also pick different times (day, week, month, etc) and it keeps the sort order. :+1:

3 Likes

Likes given on all the above. Will also find some more of Brennanā€™s good work. Cheers @Ian_Chimp

1 Like

There are a couple of new features that may make forum life a little easier - a ā€˜fast editā€™, and the ability to remove your votes from polls.

To use the fast edit, highlight some text in one of your own posts (one thatā€™s within your edit window), and an ā€˜editā€™ button should appear alongside the quote button. That will open up a mini edit window to make small typo-style changes in. If what you select is too complex for a fast edit, it will bring up the composer in edit mode instead. :+1:

And to remove your vote from a poll, simply click ā€˜show voteā€™ and you can then use the ā€˜remove voteā€™ button or de-select your choice(s) to remove your vote.

4 Likes

Brenna has turned the new Reactions feature on. :partying_face::balloon::slightly_smiling_face:

Now we are no longer limited to just :heart:, we can also use :+1: :clap: :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and :pleading_face: too!

To bring up the Reactions panel, long-press (or hover your mouse over) an empty heart icon on one of someoneā€™s posts, and select a suitable reaction from the pop-out menu. :+1:

And to see who has reacted to a post and how, you can tap on the postā€™s reaction icons to bring up a pop-up tally:

You can keep track of the Reactions youā€™ve given and received from your Activity/Reactions and Notifications/Reactions pages, respectively.

The :heart: still acts as ā€˜Likeā€™ in the forum sense, and is the only one that gets counted for Badges, user lists, etc.

I donā€™t believe the rest are limited per day in the same way Likes are, so I think you can React to as many posts as you want to. :slightly_smiling_face: (if anyone hits any limits, come and let us know and Iā€™ll update this info).

4 Likes

Thought they had. Thank you @Lovehoney_Brenna

1 Like

Yay for you and your always helpful info. I stumbled across these a moment ago and knew I would find something from you with an update or helpful tip. Thanks Mr Chimp :grin:

Iā€™ve just found out that you can onebox a forum category link: :+1:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/c/games/90

That should make linking to the Games category a bit easier. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Is it just me or do these not work for everyone? Iā€™m using Samsung S9 with the latest update. But when I hold on the like symbol it doesnā€™t always come up with the other reactions on top. I have to click or hold 4/5 times after that and it seems to be intermittent? Am I doing something wrong? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a glitch with it with Samsungs for some reason. I think @Peitho has some semi-workarounds, but she consistently gives it a sad face whenever the subject comes up, so I donā€™t think theyā€™re magic.

1 Like

I do like to be consistent with my sad face response @Ian_Chimp :rofl:

No, @Forever_his , I donā€™t think youā€™re doing anything wrong. I have the exact same problem with my A90 and it is irksome. Usually, I have to normally ā€œlikeā€ a post first before I can ā€œreactā€. After an initial like I can long press and the options will stay up to select from (sometimes). This can still be a hassle, often they just flick up rather than staying up and I canā€™t get the one I want. The forum then gets cross with me and tells me Iā€™m reacting too fast and to wait (Iā€™ve been told between 2 seconds and 5 minutes) and try again. When told 5 minutes, it did work within a few seconds but itā€™s an unwanted annoyance so for the most part I just ā€œlikeā€ posts.

Definitely, as you say, intermittent and also rather irritating.

1 Like

Yes! The briefly flicking up and then popping back down again happens to me too! Iā€™m glad its not just me at least!

1 Like

is never a good thing. :wink:

1 Like

Another new little featureā€¦

You can now edit image titles from the preview screen:

1 Like

Iā€™ve also had a bit of a tidy up of some of the earlier tips: :+1:

4 Likes

I canā€™t see it either!