Historical reviews and testers

Hi all, I want to start with a confession. I’ve lost track of where things have go to with the new forum, new website and historical reviews and I haven’t scoured the forums to try and find out.

When the new forum arrived @Lovehoney_Brenna gave some useful directions to place our review link from the old website in our profile. That clearly doesn’t work now. I think I have seen something from @Ian_Chimp regarding creating your own reviews post. Is anyone else doing this?

I guess my question might be for @Lovehoney_Brenna … Is there anything we need to do or make sure we don’t do to make sure you can see historical reviews? And maybe to @Ian_Chimp have you worked any further chimp-ish magic in this area?

All the reviews are linked by email address, so Brenna can still see them all. You don’t need to do anything other than write reviews and apply for testers in the #testers topics. :+1:

The old review profile links that we put in our forum profiles are dead links to nowhere now, so you can delete them from your profile whenever you like.

The My Reviews topic is for if you just want to share your reviews in one place again. It’s nothing to do with testers, it’s just a forum thing. :slightly_smiling_face: As you can’t link to specific reviews now they’ve opted for this rubbish yopto review app thing, copying and pasting any of them into that topic means you can link to them if they ever crop up in a forum conversation, etc. As yet nobody but me as done that, but I have noticed a few copy&paste reviews popping up across the boards, so I’ve got my fingers-crossed. :slightly_smiling_face::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I’ve not been reviewing for very long, but decided to make a Google drive folder to keep records of them all for myself. Might be difficult to find them all to organise if you have lots of old ones though.

I have my folders set up to have different categories- toys, lingerie, etc then I just post a photo of the product and then a photo of its review. So far it’s been pretty helpful for me

2 Likes

@Ian_Chimp I knew you would have your finger on the pulse. If I get particularly bored one evening I might well try and put together a page on my My review but don’t get your hopes up too much :smile:

1 Like

I don’t think I’m going to attempt to find ALL of my reviews, there are loads for things that aren’t stocked anymore dating back about a decade or so. However, I love the review template and will be adding some of my favourites for stuff that I do talk about fairly frequently on the forum… just being slow about it!

I’ve also enjoyed reading your reviews as you’ve been posting them.

2 Likes

I did contemplate making a reviews page but it seemed so time consuming to search for them all and add each one individually.

I also tried with the review template that @Ian_Chimp kindly produced in the Sandbox but got in a total muddle and gave up after 6 tries at copy and paste failed miserably! Might have another go when I’ve got a whole day to spare :open_mouth:

1 Like

Obviously Brenna is the authority on all of this, but I think that’s all up-to-date information. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: Hopefully they’ll reconsider and bring back our review profiles at some point, as they were really useful.

I think formatting the Review Hall of Fame may have skewed my view on how quick and easy it is to do a reformat job for here. :slightly_smiling_face: I promise you, it’s not so bad once you crack the rhythm. :slightly_smiling_face:

My other top tip for copying a review from a product page (if you’re using your phone) is to select a decent chunk, and then swipe up and past the header in one quick thrust. If you’re too timid it highlights the page header and gets all confused. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you kindly. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Makes me wonder why they got rid of it in general and the rest of the reviews you could see that were uploaded daily. I enjoyed looking through that list in the evenings. Admittedly, I don’t know many sites which have reviews, but don’t then have a “my reviews” place. :thinking:

4 Likes

Ahh I was wondering about this! I have left quite a few reviews, but it was before I joined the forum so I have a different name on them, but through the same email and LH account! I haven’t asked to test anything as I wasn’t sure if they could track that I do have live reviews!

1 Like

As long as the email is the same they will all be linked to your account from Brenna’s point of view, however, if you’d like them to match then the next time you write a review you can choose to change the user name on all your reviews to match this one. Not sure this works on secret email link testers but it does for any live product you review :+1:

2 Likes

No clue. :man_shrugging: It does seem an odd direction to go in. I’m still hoping they magically bring it all back. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I second that - it’s a really good feature to have and I think a lot of people found it useful.

2 Likes