My Reviews

This is a topic where you can copy and paste your reviews from the shopping site and put them here on the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

For full instructions on how to do this please see @Ian_Chimp’s post below.

If you followed a filter link here to see a particular member’s reviews then they should all be grouped together underneath this one. :+1:

Happy reading!

26 Likes

Great idea, Ian! :+1:

I’m a bit confused, though. Are you saying that all I have to do is post a link to ONE of my revews, then add the filter to that URL and it will automatically show a list of ALL my reviews, without me having to post them all individually?

3 Likes

There’s currently no page to view all of your reviews from the shopping site, and no way to link to individual ones either, which makes sharing your reviews in forum conversations a little tricky. However… We have a workaround. :slightly_smiling_face:

For anyone who loves sharing their reviews, or finds it really useful being able to link to a specific one, you can copy and paste any of your reviews from the shopping site to here in this topic (and here’s a handy template). :+1:

Once they’re a post in this topic, you can share a link to individual ones whenever they crop up around the boards, or you can even use the filter trick to create a summary link of just your ones, and pop it in the About Me section of your user profile (if you put it as the first line, it will show up on your usercard too :+1:).

To create a summary link for your reviews, add your username instead of mine to the end of this link:

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/my-reviews/268237?username_filters=Ian_Chimp

NB: If you test it from within this topic it won’t work properly as it needs a page refresh, but it will work just fine from any other page. :+1:

If anyone needs a hand with anything you can ask for help in The Sandbox. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 16 Apr 2018
Lovehoney Super Silencer Extra Quiet Vibrator Set (3 Piece)

Triple Treat

This pack is a great way to try out different vibrator styles without breaking the bank. My partner has used a clitoral vibrator for many years but wanted to try out a couple of the toys she felt liked she’d overlooked.

The long-handled g-spot vibrator was a hit. She really liked using that along with the bullet (though the bullet did get swopped out for her favourite clit vibrator once she realised that was also a possibility). The 7 inch classic vibrator was also well-received. It has a pleasantly thick girth, and the ribbed texture added a very satisfying sensation that encouraged more movement.

The bullet itself was perfectly good, but my partner has a much more expensive toy that fulfills that function, so it did get benched a bit. The toys were good in their own right, but really came to life when combined together. This set isn’t the most luxurious but it really helped my partner narrow down which of the more expensive vibrators she’d like to invest in next.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Pros: Great starter set for different vibrator styles.

Cons: Not as quiet as the name suggests, and battery operated.

Bottom Line: Fantastic for testing the waters

4 Likes

So where does the filter trick come in?

Oh god I was hoping you’d say I’d only have to copy and paste one! I can’t even recall what I’ve reviewed in the past, it’s going to take a month of Sundays to go through and find every one!

But I might try it to find some of the more recent ones and maybe have a go :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :slightly_smiling_face:

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 16 Apr 2018
Bondage Boutique Hand Shape Silicone Riding Crop

Gimme Five of Your Best

This is the first riding crop that’s made it into my bedroom and I’ve rather enjoyed it so far. We picked this one as the little hand embellishment made it seem less threatening when brandished compared to some of the others, but don’t be too fooled by the friendly wave as it can certainly swish and crack when you want it to.

We’re completely new to the being tied up and lightly beaten sexual experience, and my partner and I thought it was really important to start out with something that didn’t look too mean from the get go. This cheerful little high five riding crop set that tone nicely and allowed us to laugh and relax into it without feeling ridiculously self-conscious.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Pros: Nice size, definitely looks the part, and has a nice ‘sting’ to it.

Cons: Nothing.

Bottom Line: Loved it. Have used it more than I thought we would.

1 Like

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 26 Apr 2018
Lovehoney Sheer Ruffle Bra and Crotchless Skirted Thong Set

Sexy and Comfortable

My wife loves to wear this. It’s easy to put on, really comfy and the crotchless aspect means she can keep it on for all manner of fun. Size-wise she’s a 14 with a 36B chest and this is a very flattering fit on her. She particularly enjoys the ‘swishy’ ruffle skirt, which made her feel very playful and coquettish.

From my point of view I think it looks great on her, and I loved how excited and playful it makes her feel. I also really like how thin the bra mesh feels against her breasts, and the fact that it’s see-through is also a plus point for me.

Like a lot of lingerie this one is hand-wash only, but it wasn’t particularly arduous to clean (I use the ‘baby-shampoo and pat-dry’ technique that I found in a Lovehoney video). I was considering putting it a delicates bag and popping it on a hand-wash cycle in my machine, but my wife loves it so much I didn’t think it worth the risk. Maybe after we’ve had it a while I’ll chance it, but until then I think hand-washing it is a small price to pay for how much fun we have with it.

Pros: Almost everything.

Bottom Line: A playful set that’s fun, easy to wear and really comfortable too.

3 Likes

BASICS Suction Cup Dildo 8 Inch

Fantastic First Dildo

We got this as part of one of the Lovehoney birthday week offers for a great price. My wife has never tried a non-vibrating life-like (ish) sex toy before and this seemed like a good one to start with. She opted for the 8 inch rather than one of the smaller ones for her first as she does have a couple of big boy vibrators already so she wasn’t put off by the size.

Overall it’s a great starter toy. It’s firm but also has a little give to it which gives it a good feel, and the veining is a nice texture without being too full-on. The fact that it’s a semi-transparent purple colour also helps as she was a little put off by the super realistic ones that Lovehoney also sell. Now she’s tried this one though she’s already picked out a couple of the Life-Like Lover ones that she wants to get next.

Her favourite thing so far has been using it while performing oral as she says it feels (with a little imagination) like a threesome - but without all the hassle of me having to look at another guy banging my wife. Which is a definite plus point for me. :slight_smile: She’s not tried the suction cup out yet as it’s tough thinking of a practical place to stick it so that it would be in a comfortable position to use. That may just be our lack of imagination though.

Pros: Great for a starter.

Bottom Line: Nice basic dildo at a good price.

2 Likes

Lovehoney Patterned Fishnet Suspender Tights

Lovely Pattern

We bought these while they were on offer to try out something a little different. Normally we buy stockings (both suspender and hold-up styles) so having a similar thing in tight form was something we hadn’t considered until we saw these in the ‘why not add this to your basket’ suggestions.

I actually really enjoyed the decorative patterns, they really drew my eye to my wife’s thighs while she was wearing them. Though we weren’t too convinced by the decorative waistband as it didn’t look quite as good once it was on as the picture led us to believe. We did think that it could be better if it was a solid band.

Having said that we did pair them with a red babydoll chemise so the waistband ended up being somewhat hidden anyway. All in all, I really like the ornate patterns around the thighs as well as the fishnet diamonds, but I’m not sure they wouldn’t be just as good, if not better, as a pair of stockings rather than tights. But as this pattern isn’t available in stockings as far as I can tell them being tights doesn’t spoil them.

We’ll definitely be using them again.

Pros: Loved the patterning.

Cons: Not sure if them being tights rather than stockings added anything.

Bottom Line: Lovely pattern, though not convinced about them being tights.

4 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 02 May 2018
Tracey Cox Supersex Extra-Powerful Clitoral Vibe

Also Good for Nipples

We were drawn to this because of it’s interesting tulip shaped mouth. My wife already has a little bang bang rabbit vibrator in much the same style and she wanted to try out this one to see if the wider, petal-shaped opening added anything to her fun.

The first thing we noticed was how quiet it is, even on the highest setting. I think this is by far the most discreet vibrator we’ve ever tried. I’m a really light sleeper but I think my wife could use this and I wouldn’t notice a thing (I mentioned this to her and she just smiled, which leads me to believe she already has…) It’s discreetness wasn’t the reason we bought it though, but now we know how quiet it is we’ve thought of plenty more situations we’d like to try it in.

As for the shape of the mouth, it really is a lot of fun. I think the wider opening does give it a different feel to the normal rabbit ears. The petals can either just lightly stroke the clitoris, or you can hold it closer and feel the flickering vibrations surround it. It’s unusual in that it feels almost gentle but it’s also really stimulating at the same time. The mouth is also the perfect shape to use on nipples too.

While we both found this a lot of fun I do have quite small nipples so my wife did enjoy this aspect of it far more than I did. She does love having her nipples played with, so if this is your thing as well then she highly recommends giving it a whirl.

We do have a lot of vibrators now, but with this one being quite powerful whilst also being so quiet it’s definitely secured a place at the top table.

Pros: It’s super quiet, yet powerful enough to get the job done.

Bottom Line: Good clitoral fun, but also a really good shape to use on nipples too.

2 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 03 May 2018
Lovehoney Unwrap Me Purple Lace Babydoll

A present that you get to unwrap time and time again

The first thing I noticed when I opened this is how vibrant and alluring the colour is. It really is a treat for the eyes, and I thought that before my wife had even put it on. It’s a very sexy shade of purple. My wife is a size 14/36B and she altered this to her fit within a minute or two using the adjustable halter ribbon round the neck, and by re-tying the bow at the front.

The open front makes it easy to slide your hands in so you can caress the lower back without rucking up the ‘skirting’, and it also has a nice low back which frames a pleasing amount of kissable skin. I did initially think it was a set when I ordered it but realised when it arrived that the picture is more of a serving suggestion (it does state quite clearly in the product description that the thong is sold separately, but I must’ve skipped that bit in my eagerness to purchase it). With this in mind you may want to consider buying some matching coloured knickers to compliment it.

It’s a very comfortable piece of lingerie that suggests that you’re covered up, whilst also leaving lots of places open and accessible for hungry kisses and eager hands.

Pros: The colour is a real positive.

Bottom Line: Very sexy, very colourful, and really easy to adjust.

4 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 04 May 2018
Lovehoney Seduce Me Push-Up Longline Bra Set

I was Told I would be Seduced

My wife loves longline bras as well as deep suspender belts so when I saw this set it was a definite must have. I’m always a little tentative with the multi piece sets as them being one size for both waist and chest can be a little ambiguous.

My wife is a size 14/36B and the suspender belt fits her really well. It’s very forgiving size-wise, and doesn’t pinch or create any unsightly overhangs. The suspender clips for the stockings are also a lot easier to attach than the ones on some of the other belts we’ve tried. The bra was a little on the spacious side but not so much that it was obvious. I think if we were getting particularly vigorous in something like a doggy position then there could be an issue, but I think the style of this set naturally lends itself to a ‘woman on top’ set up.

Because of its structure and style we didn’t think it changed shape too much once it was on, so looked a lot like it does in the picture (which, as I’m sure we all know, is not always the case). When paired with some lace-top stockings and a pair of heels my wife cut quite a commanding figure. The bows do soften this, and provide a cute touch to what is otherwise a very ‘take-charge’ outfit.

Obviously because of the padding in the push-up bra it wasn’t so brilliant for getting my hands on her breasts, but as she’d tied me to the bed at this point that wasn’t an issue for us. Visually it really sets the scene, and looks great when she’s brandishing a riding crop.

Pros: It gives a very sculptured, ‘take-charge’ look.

Cons: Bra was a little spacious.

Bottom Line: A very commanding lingerie set. Sexy but stern.

4 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp,
Rhumba Sensation Motion Rechargeable Rabbit Vibrator

Missing Review

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 23 Jun 2018
Fun Factory Stronic Real Rechargeable Realistic Thrusting Vibrator

Trusty Von Thrusty

This is our first vibrator from this price bracket and the difference in build quality and overall appearance is really noticeable, even down to the shade of pink they’ve chosen for the silicone. It’s certainly a high-end product.

Sensation-wise it’s not like anything we’ve tried before. Unlike some of the piston-style thrusting vibrators that just have the thrusting tip this toy surges backwards and forwards along its whole length. This means you can feel it rhythmically pumping in and back out again much more than the stroking sensation you get from the ‘tip-thruster’ style.

It’s also got a nice solid heft to it which adds that extra bit of pressure to all the right places. Mrs Chimp thought it felt very similar to the 'weighty’ sensation she gets from some of her glass dildos. I think this also contributes to how deep and far-reaching the pulsations go, as she can feel them all the way through her lower abdomen.

Another great feature is the patterns. I know most vibrators have them, and they can be a bit of a marmite issue, but as these control the rhythm of the thrust rather than the normal vibration patterns you get with other toys then they definitely deserve a mention. This chap has got some real moves. It can bang you fast, it can bang you slow, it can even bang you slow, slow, slow, faster, faster, faster, fast, fast, fast, slow, slow, slow. As rhythmic sex goes it’s got it covered.

You can lose a bit of the momentum if you grip it too firmly so we found it best to hold it lightly, or even just leave it to do its thing and keep a guiding hand close-by to stop it wandering off. Though you can also manually slide it in and out as well to add some extra movement of your own. This is really good for mimicking a feel of real(ish) sex as you and the vibrator work in tandem as you thrust against each other. This is particularly good when using the patterns.

If you’re looking for a really stealthy-quiet vibrator then I would recommend you look out for toys that use whatever magic technology they’ve used to power this. Honestly, on most of the settings if you held it in your right hand I’m not sure your left hand would hear it.

It isn’t massive, but I don’t think it needs to be. The size is perfect for us, and it also means it can easily be used along with a moderately sized clit toy for double stimulation. This is a toy that we will be using a lot. In fact we’ve already named him, which is our highest honour and one only the best sex toys in our collection receive. Trusty von Thrusty, we salute you.

Pros: Very impressive technology. Easy to use, and it’s both quiet and powerful.

Cons: Nothing. I wish I could afford the whole range.

Bottom Line: Brilliant piece of kit. Exactly what I hoped a thrusting toy could be like.

4 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 29 Jun 2018
Fifty Shades of Grey Masks On Masquerade Mask (Twin Pack)

We got there in the end

We bought these as part of a Fifty Shades of Grey multibuy offer. I’m not a fan of the FSOG franchise as a whole but one of the vibrators piqued our interest and adding something else from the range gave us an extra 20% off. We chose these in particular as they looked like they could be quite fun.

The silver one from our first pack had a rather pronounced scratch down the centre of the face, but customer service were brilliant and sent me a new pack straight away. The black one from the second pack then had a few clumsy globs and a chip in the paintwork of the forehead where someone had got a little heavy handed with the glue gun. Luckily I hadn’t had to send the first lot back so I could pair up the two good ones from each pack and make a perfect set.

I was quite surprised at how grubby the reverse sides were. At first I thought it was a speckled effect to give the plastic more of a textured look, but it was just general factory muck. So make sure you give them a good sanitising wipe before you put them near your face.

When I’d got a good, clean set together we actually found them quite comfortable to wear. The moulded shape hugs the face nicely, and the mask’s silhouette both frames and obscures in all the right places. They do suffer from the same looseness of all ribbon-tied face masks, but with a little practise you can get a secure fit.

The full price is a rather steep one, which I’m sure is inflated by the FSOG branding. However if you can get a good quality, non-scratched, set on offer then I think they’re worth it.

Pros: Nice shape, very comfy.

Cons: Workmanship was a tad iffy.

Bottom Line: Nice set if you can get them at the right price.

1 Like

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 29 Jun 2018
Fifty Shades of Grey Tease Feather Tickler

Disappointing

We bought this as part of a Fifty Shades of Grey multi-buy offer as we quite fancied a larger tickler than our Oh! Lovehoney one (which is super-soft, but also super-tiny). While this one is bigger it’s not particularly large, and it also has a rather naff plastic handle. The feathers are a nice shade of grey and quite soft, but a bit on the sparse side.

Overall I felt the build quality was lacklustre, especially for the price. It does the job (just about) but it certainly doesn’t look the part. Not a great brand ambassador.

Overall Rating: 1 out of 5 stars

Pros: The feathers are a nice shade of grey.

Cons: It’s a bit naff, looks a bit cheap.

Bottom Line: Disappointing. Not worth full price.

2 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 02 Jul 2018
Womanizer Classic Rechargeable Clitoral Stimulator

Revolutionised Solo Play

My wife loves this toy. It’s absolutely revolutionised her solo play-time. Before we got this she had a bit of difficulty enjoying playing by herself as she could easily lose her mood and just give up halfway through. This was a complete game-changer. Even from a complete ‘cold start’ this can pull an orgasm out of her from nowhere. And the more she uses it the more confident she feels about being able to do the same with her other toys (that’s if she ever puts this one down, of course).

The toy itself is a lovely, rich shade of purple and is very light and comfortable to hold. The buttons are in a good place for easy access while in use, and the intensity ones are different sizes so you can tell by touch which is ‘more’ and which is ‘less’. The power button is also positioned far away from the intensity controls so there’s hardly any chance of hitting it by accident and interrupting your good time midway through.

If you’re new to suction toys then I’d highly recommend spending some time familiarising yourself with exactly where the perfect place is to get the most stimulation out of it. This may take some time, and it may make some crazy-funky noises while you’re exploring, but don’t let this put you off as it’s certainly worth it in the long run.

Once you do you find that perfect area, and you’ve got a good seal, it’s a very quick toy and really quiet too. It has a soft ‘chug-chugging’ sound to it that rises in insistency as the intensity is increased. It’s also powerful so you don’t need to crank it up to the highest setting to get a great orgasm. Sensation-wise it has a very soft action that, at first, my wife questioned whether it was going to do anything for her or not. Then she could feel it stirring something inside, which built up… and built up… and built up… and then she orgasmed. I think it caught her by surprise. She certainly looked surprised.

We’ve found that this toy is perfect for solo play. It is possible to use it with another small to medium toy, or during sex, but it’s not really an ‘active’ toy. We found it much better to leave it where it is and let it do its thing as you can lose your place quite easily if anyone gets too vigorous. Having said that there’s nothing getting in the way of using it during foreplay, or any other none PIV fun, so it’s not consigned to solo play alone by any means.

It doesn’t have any patterns, but I’m not entirely sure it needs any. I think we’re just used to toys having them so it was quite noticeable that this one didn’t.

Like I said at the top, this toy has revolutionised my wife’s solo time and I cannot do anything but recommend it to everybody and anybody. It’s awesome.

Pros: Good button layout. Very fast orgasm, and great from a ‘cold start’.

Cons: It doesn’t have any patterns, though not sure it needs them.

Bottom Line: Excellent solo toy. Fast, discreet, powerful.

Linked Review: Womanizer Premium

2 Likes

:lovehoney_heart: by @Ian_Chimp, 02 Jul 2018
So Divine Wicked Game Dual Motor Massaging Wand

A Toy of Two Halves

After trying out the mains-powered Lovehoney Classic and the Deluxe Mini Rechargeable wands we thought we’d like to try something somewhere inbetween. My wife is a big fan of the Mini wand, but isn’t as enthusiastic about the Classic (too loud, too hot, too heavy) so we were hoping this one would be a happy medium.

This is the first vibrator that we’ve bought that comes with its own USB wall adapter, which I thought was a nice touch. I charge all of ours using the laptop though, so personally I won’t find it that useful (but I still like that they included it).

It has a very smooth, sleek finish and it’s reallylight and well-balanced. Some wands can be a bit ‘head-heavy’ with all the motors up at the business end, which makes them difficult to holdfor longer periods, but the second motor in the insertable section provides a nice counter-balance. This toy would be well worth considering if you have had difficulty with heavy or imbalanced wands in the past.

The wand head does have a flexible neck, but it isn’t as malleable as the Mini. This does count against it slightly, but it’s by no means a deal-breaker. The head is also quite firm, and when you add a little extra pressure to the clit area the vibrations travel through nicely and are strong and far-reaching.

It has a very smooth vibration style and it can be both buzzy and rumbly depending on the setting. This allows it to do some really nice vibration effects. Pattern 7 starts off high and then really drills down to a deep, deep rumble before building up back to the top again. My wife found that one particularly satisfying.

It’s not a noisy toy either, yet still manages to produce a solid amount of power. As a wand it’s a really good toy.

But then there’s the flipside…

The insertable end is not very good. It’s not the right shape, it has no flexibility, the vibrations aren’t strong enough, and the buttons are in the most awkward place to get to once it’s inside. I’m afraid as an internal vibrator it doesn’t even get one star.

And as for swopping it halfway through…You just end up having a handle (and then a hand) that’s covered in lube. Something I’m sure most of us try and avoid if we can.

Judging it as a wand I’d say that it’s a really nice toy. It’s a real joy to handle, and the vibration style and patterns create some great effects that we’ve not experienced from our other vibrators. I’m not sure the opposite end adds anything stimulation-wise, but it does make it really well-balanced, so I suppose it does have its uses.

Pros: Very well-balanced and has an interesting vibration style.

Cons: The insertable end isn’t as good as the wand end.

Bottom Line: Super-light and easy to handle, and has some great vibration effects.

(This originally scored quite highly, but now we’ve tried a few I’d knock a star or two off and recommend the Mantric Wand)

1 Like