Horoscopes and Star Signs....

Hi all :)

Been thinking about this today and just wondered...

How many of you read your horoscope?

Have you read up on your star sign and do you have those characteristics?

Do you belive that there is anything in it or do they say so much that everyone can see something about themselves in there...

I have never seriously looked at them, i do every now and then but just wondered what everyone else though about it...

Zic

x

Hi,

I don't read my horoscope as I think it is too "generic" however I certainly do believe that I have all the typical cancerian traits and so does my OH. We are both emotional creatures and she's painfuly sensitive although I've had to toughen myself up over the years. The good side of both being the same starsign is that we both have a lot in common and we can read each other's feelings like a book. The down side is that we are both quite "moody" and it's not a good idea to both be down at the same time so, when this occurs, one or other of us has to forget one's own problems and try and raise the spirits of the other.

It may all be rubbish but I'm inclined to think that there's something to it. I had a personal reading once some years ago that was uncanilly accurate.

Regards

M4S

I think it's a load of rubbish personally. If it was anything to do with gravitational forces or somesuch then the massive amount of gravitational pull the moon puts on the earth would completely cancel out any effect from the planets.

I do read them though for a bit of a giggle, and I like the idea of it from a mythological standpoint. I find it interesting more than anything.

I think that people are likely to find commonalities in anything. It's one of the reasons we are such social animals. We can see something that relates to us in anything, and feel sympathetic for near enough everything around us.

Horoscopes are ridiculous, and star signs even worse!

I mean, I was born a Cancer, in the Chinese year of the Goat. By that token I'd be stubborn, bad-tempered and ... wait, hold on a second ....

I read a bit, but take a lot of it with a pinch of salt! I have had my birth chart done tho and that was surprisingly accurate, but as ever you can read into it what you want to hear. I do like the chinese horoscopes, I appear to be a typical horse, now just need to find my perfect tiger!

Grrr ;)

Just checked and Chinese style I'm a Rooster! Cock a doodle doo!

Personally horoscopes are a load of bollocks. I've never read one! :) SG x

I'm not a horoscope type, altho occasionally will read and on even less occasions it will be appropriate, haha....

I didn't know what chinese animal I was, turns out I'm a Pig, haha.... and I need to find a Goat or a Dragon now ;)

I enjoy reading them. I don't believe in them by any means although I think they are general enough for anyone to "classify" themselves as having similar traits etc.

I'm a Scorpio and a Dragon apparently, whoot! My partner whole heartedly agrees with the negative aspects of the signs lol, so I'm a very jealous and possessive person apparently. Although he can be distant at times...

That reminds me I should read upon the chinese compatibility with my OH... =]

As a rooster Im suposed to be very sociable and confident that is not the case and as for my home being clean and tidy are you for real?

the chinese compatibility thing is interesting, I married a rat, my very worst match apparently, and how very true it was sadly. I have a chinese friend and the first thing she does when she meets someone is sort out the compatibility thing even just as friends! Tiger's sheep and dogs are my best ;O) As well as the animal you have an element, fire metal, wood water and earth. I'm a fire horse.

I really don't buy any of it. The only horoscope I read is Psychic Bob's (for anyone who doesn't know The Daily Mash mocks the news). Love the prediction for Pisces this week:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/features/horoscopes/your-astrological-week-ahead%2c-with-psychic-bob-201109214332/

I dont read them, I even find that the Virgo does not at all represent me and my personality. Order? hell no, I love chaos! Shy? hmmm. since I left behind the personality after being harrassed, no, that neither. Analysing? well, I have people from other signs who are more analytical than I am! Hating when people are not punctual? erh, I am often bit late myself (5-10min).Guess it does not describe me.

I find the Tiger in Chinese works better for me, I think thats more who I am but I dont believe in it and dont take any advice from it.

CurlyCoupleWife wrote:

I really don't buy any of it. The only horoscope I read is Psychic Bob's (for anyone who doesn't know The Daily Mash mocks the news). Love the prediction for Pisces this week:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/features/horoscopes/your-astrological-week-ahead%2c-with-psychic-bob-201109214332/

Im still laughing

crag630 wrote:

Im still laughing

Glad you enjoyed it - they're normally good - it is the one and only horoscope I read, and I read it every week without fail

I'm Aquarius, I'll read my horoscope if it's in a magazine or something, but I wouldn't believe or live by it. There have been times though when my horoscope has been relevant, but then it's quite general so it would apply to a lot of people. My opinion is that it's a load of nonsense but it's fun reading them and others :)

I'm reluctant to read a daily horoscope because, despite thinking a lot of the published horoscopes are nonsense, I feel the information may influence your life or may cause you to think deeper into things that needn't to be.

There probably is some truth to the characteristics in horoscopes but I think the weather, landscape, work, education shapes you and that is a more powerful source that needs to be focussed on rather than horoscopes.

Then again, horoscopes are a bit of fun to read.

Yes I read my horoscopes from time to time. I am a pisces and I do match the exact personality traits. my best friend is also a piscean and she is just the same and we are very both much alike in our personalities and ideals ect.. we are both also naturally intuitive as pisceans, some might say even slightly psychic, and very much in tune with everything, from knowing what the other is thinking and being able to finish one anothers sentences off or picking up the phone to call one another at the same time. It's very odd I know. We are close friends and know everything about each other and have shared many of lifes ups and downs experiences, but we don't live in each others pockets as we live more than 100 miles apart. So I would say that I am very typical of my star sign.

rb

xx

Absolute BS. The 'calculations' have been revised numerous times due to the frauds being caught out when new things such as planets were discovered.

Although I can't remember the source there is a great little story about astrologers, to avoid once again being caught out (like by the discovery of Uranus), adding another planet that turned out not to exist after an anomaly was detected by scientists in the orbit of Mercury I think. The bobble turned out to be caused by something else, cue red faces from the Astrologers. There is also of course the actual scientific arguments...I think it gets messy when you compare thegravitation forces of bodies with bodies, celestial with actual human bodies that is.

As to why we believe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_statements

I think i was a teenager when I last read my horoscope! what a load of tosh! My opinion though - sorry if it offends - i know some hang on every word and believe it to be gospel. Not me. I control my life and prefer not to read a pile of shite (for no better word) and what i have read in the past relates to almost everyone at the same time.