How do I check if my toy is really 100% silicone?

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to anal play and just got my first buttplug today. Now I read that it's really important to make sure your toy is non-porous and my toy (Anal Fantasy Perfect Plug) claims it's made from silicone, which would be fine (right?). I've used it once now and if feels great, no irritations or anything suspicious. However I was wondering: is there any way I can really make sure my toy is non-porous and 100% silicone, safe?

If anyone could help me out on this, thanks in advance!

You could do the flame test (http://dangerouslilly.com/2012/04/sex-toy-journalism-seeking-truths-silicone-flame-testing-confronting-manufacturers/), although it will burn at least a teeny part of your toy!

If your toy is a Pipedream Anal Fantasy toy (which I'm guessing it is?), Lovehoney stocks other Pipedream toys from the Anal Fantasy line too and they are labelled as silicone. A quick look on Pipedream's website seems to indicate that their Anal Fantasy line is silicone too, if that helps!

captainmeow wrote:

You could do the flame test (http://dangerouslilly.com/2012/04/sex-toy-journalism-seeking-truths-silicone-flame-testing-confronting-manufacturers/), although it will burn at least a teeny part of your toy!

If your toy is a Pipedream Anal Fantasy toy (which I'm guessing it is?), Lovehoney stocks other Pipedream toys from the Anal Fantasy line too and they are labelled as silicone. A quick look on Pipedream's website seems to indicate that their Anal Fantasy line is silicone too, if that helps!

Thanks it certainly does! I may try that flame testing, is it totally safe for my toy? Like; if it turns out to be right after burning a little part, can I still safely use it? Yep it's the Pipedream's one indeed. The package as well says it's Silicone and phlate-free, but since I heard manufacturers may also lie about it I figured I'd still double check, just to be sure. Al though it certainly gives good hope being labeled silicone here too!

Yeah I do quite trust LH labelling, so I'm inclined to believe it's silicone. I've not ever done it myself, so I wouldn't know! You could get in touch with the blogger herself (she's on tumblr and twitter too, or you could comment) and see if she can advise on that front. Or if anyone else here on the forum has knowledge about these things :)

captainmeow wrote:

Yeah I do quite trust LH labelling, so I'm inclined to believe it's silicone. I've not ever done it myself, so I wouldn't know! You could get in touch with the blogger herself (she's on tumblr and twitter too, or you could comment) and see if she can advise on that front. Or if anyone else here on the forum has knowledge about these things :)

I've asked Dangerous Lilly and she said (even though she doesn't like Pipedream) their sillicone toys are really sillicone made. So I guess it seems safe to use, thanks for the advice!