How do you cope

With meeting your sexual needs when temporarily separated from partner? I'm finding it really tough being away from my OH. It's just been 2 weeks and it's another 2 weeks before he'll come and im just feeling really sexually frustrated. Am not able to sleep right, cant focus properly at work...often drift off into a dreamworld where im not so frustrated. Masturbating helps obviously but really only offers me temporary relief. I know what I need/want. So my question is how do you get through these enforced absences? Last year I bought a tripod and remote control for phone and sent OH some sexy photos, some videos... but then got really worried about someone somewhere who shldnt see them seeing them Id really appreciate any suggestions. It's going to be a very long and expensive 2 weeks if my basket is anything to go by.

Due to a work commitment i have to wait 2 years for my OH :( If you find a way, i'm all ears!

VirginAngel wrote:

Due to a work commitment i have to wait 2 years for my OH :( If you find a way, i'm all ears!

🤤🤤🤤🤤 2 years is a long time... OH and I did DR for 3 years before I moved over... we used to manage to meet every 3 months and would have a great time making up for lost time. Also it was (makes me feel old) before mobile phones were common and before internet. We used to have the most amazing phone sex... our parents were always moaning about the phone bills. Anyway, advice, I'm afraid I have none. You do, however, have my sympathy. xx

You have my sympathy, me and my OH live separately due to housing space and kids (not enough space in my house for my kids and his, and not enough room in his for his kids and mine) so although we do see each other a lot getting down to business is hard with the kids in the day and it’s only every so often he stays over, it’s so hard! But I just use my imagination with my toy collection lol. I have a very high sex drive so it’s really tough!if you find a better way then let me know!

We have just had 8 weeks apart , after 7 years of not spending 1 night away from each other. Keeping busy really helps. We have decorated so I had lots of things to do. What about facetiming x

We have been long distance for a while so I feel your struggle!

Have you tried any app controlled toys? Something like the Vibease is great as the other person can be in charge of your orgasm even whilst far apart :) x

We like to play sexy games if we’re apart for work commitments etc. I’ll send her a list of sexy chores to do during the day and she can earn things like new toys or something special she wants, so for instance I’ll give her a dare or chore and she will get a new toy delivered the Next day. An example of some dates/chores: Wear no underwear to work and put them on when you get there. Masturbate to almost orgasm and get up and carry on with the day. Write lines such as “I will be good” 25 times on a piece of paper and send me the list. Send a 🖤 everytime you get a sexual thought. Dare to sit on the mains powered wand and hold back until you can’t any longer.

This kind of makes us feel like we’re together even when we’re apart.

We live apart too, and my SO is away a lot. We like sexting when he's away, it's a really good way to keep our connection, and to keep us simmering. We can really get off if we're sexting and masturbating together. Also it's a great way to play with fantasies, which can be acted out when we're together again, or we can really let our imaginations fly and fantasise impossible things which are great fun in our minds. Hope that's useful - we love it.

My OH and I are long distance and usually only see each other once a month. We tend to sext and send pictures to each other whilst we're apart. We've also sent videos once before, which was lots of fun :)

YouMeAtSex wrote:

My OH and I are long distance and usually only see each other once a month. We tend to sext and send pictures to each other whilst we're apart. We've also sent videos once before, which was lots of fun :)

That's so useful and such a good idea... Last year we sent pics and videos but OH (not knowing what was in the photo) opened it at bar for morning coffee with his colleagues. Huge embarrassment for me narrowly avoided. May have to restart

Gran wrote:

We live apart too, and my SO is away a lot. We like sexting when he's away, it's a really good way to keep our connection, and to keep us simmering. We can really get off if we're sexting and masturbating together. Also it's a great way to play with fantasies, which can be acted out when we're together again, or we can really let our imaginations fly and fantasise impossible things which are great fun in our minds. Hope that's useful - we love it.

Thanks for sharing what you do... I was beginning to feel I was maybe over reacting. Glad to know I'm not... Last year we did the masturbating, film it send it. As well as video called and who called had to tell the other person what to do and could only watch and do nothing.

Bunnybomb2015 wrote:

You have my sympathy, me and my OH live separately due to housing space and kids (not enough space in my house for my kids and his, and not enough room in his for his kids and mine) so although we do see each other a lot getting down to business is hard with the kids in the day and it’s only every so often he stays over, it’s so hard! But I just use my imagination with my toy collection lol. I have a very high sex drive so it’s really tough!if you find a better way then let me know!

I think it's compounded by the fact that we were both very stressed before I left (oh having major probs at work, me working on my thesis, throw in all the other thoughts, worries and stresses that come with a family, home and all the rest) and so maybe didnt invest as much emotionally and physically. Now im home, i have my parents on tap for kids, dinner made, washing and ironing done... so I'm totally unstressed and so mind free to wander as it were. We did use video clips last year - I'd send him videos of me masturbating during which it turns out I'm a squirter much to OHs delight (and mine too if I'm honest😊) and he'd do the same. Also sent some photos with which he had a couple of close shaves. The pics and videos are definitely lots of fun and oh so naughty...

LIL_KNOWN69 wrote:

We like to play sexy games if we’re apart for work commitments etc. I’ll send her a list of sexy chores to do during the day and she can earn things like new toys or something special she wants, so for instance I’ll give her a dare or chore and she will get a new toy delivered the Next day. An example of some dates/chores: Wear no underwear to work and put them on when you get there. Masturbate to almost orgasm and get up and carry on with the day. Write lines such as “I will be good” 25 times on a piece of paper and send me the list. Send a 🖤 everytime you get a sexual thought. Dare to sit on the mains powered wand and hold back until you can’t any longer.

This kind of makes us feel like we’re together even when we’re apart.

Am totally impressed with this list...and inspired. Love this idea. Reckon it could work (to start off and get OH in the mood) if I start sending him messages telling him what im doing...maybe accompanied by pics?