How do you see it?

For me, ever since discovering the world of sex toys, I’ve mostly enjoyed using my toys hands free. Usually a shower mount for my fleshlights, or else i put other toys down on a pillow and use them in missionary. The whole idea of sex toys for me has been about simulating real sex as much as possible which is what makes it more appealing than masturbating by hand.

Anyway, when I think about using a toy like that, I think of it more like having sex with it, than masturbating with it. What do you all label it as when you’re using yours?

2 Likes

I don’t consider labels in the same way.
You could also argue if you keep your hand steady and only thrust your hips then you’re ‘having sex’ with your hand rather than ‘masturbating’.
The experience is the same regardless of the label.

1 Like

I’ve never really thought about then like that before but I’d probably just say they’re a happy helper to enrich play time to its fullest potential

Unfortunately, as someone with chronic pain in my right hand (causalgia), I see them more like an aid. I have damage to my ulnar nerve, so I get a lot of cramp, spasms and pain in my hand, as well as hypersensitivity on the inside of my wrist. For me, they are a way of, err, doing what I need to do without causing myself more issues in the longer term. I wish it was more exciting than that!

After years of just doing by hand, these days I love hands-free, or something close to it.

When I was much younger, I discovered how brilliant vibration sensations could be thanks to a certain household appliance that really rumbled.

I didn’t buy proper toys for that until this decade. Now I have a few I can just ‘attach’ to me, and enjoy the ride :hot_face:

For me, toys are a desperation measure. They’re for when I need to get off and none of my partners are available or willing. Sometimes I use them during sex, more on my partners than myself, or my partners will use them on me. They’re a useful tool, but don’t really change the nature of what I’m doing. If I’m going solo, its mostly a serving of “I’m disappointed, but I’ll take what little I can get.”

A means to an end.

1 Like

I don’t see any sex toys as ‘replacing’ or trying to replicate sex

As another said, it’s a means to an end to me or a sex / masturbation enhancer :slight_smile:

Toys I see as an enhancer to the occasion, whether that be sex with the other half or solo masturbation.

1 Like