How exactly do you go about gifting someone?

Can someone please tell me step by step how to do it?

And while we're on the subject of gifting, what type of gift would you be most excited to receive (as in a book, lingerie, a toy)? Have any of you received a gift from a forum member?

Thanks!

So you find someone you'd like to gift and lcick on their profile. Scroll down to their wishlists section (if they have any public), and pick something on there to send them. Then, just go through the checkout as you usually would, but at the part where you would verify the address you will be able to click on their address, and send it to them :) I think you used to be able to attatch a note but that's gone now, however if you talk to live chat they can pop one on for you :)

Personally, I'd love some lingerie, a little game or a nice book. I got sent a massage candle today which has put me in such a great mood :) When I'm gifting people I usually pick things I've seen them mention and ask about on the forums

Hi. Yes I've both received and sent gifts :) Most people have a public wishlist so I've picked something off there to send - that way you're sending something that you know that person wants. Although to be honest I think most people would be delighted with a gift of any description - it's just that you do run the risk of sending they already have if it's not something from their list :)

Just go to the profile of the person you would like to gift and scroll down to their wishlists. Click on the item you would like to sent them. As you go through the payment system you are given the option to have what you've selected sent to either yourself or the friend that you have been viewing. Click on 'send this item to' whoever your chosen person is and it'll then list the delivery address as their name. When you finish paying it'll confirm that the item is being sent to them and give you a delivery date.

Hope that helps xx

+1 to what Flexy said, that's always the way I've done it :)

I've gifted people and received a few myself, overall I'd say there's no gift in particular I'd want more than others because I appreciate the gesture and the generosity of the person who sent it to me. When I'm gifting people I try to send them something I've seen them mention on the forums, or if I can't afford it then something like massage oil & essentials (if it's on their list) because it's always useful :)

+1 t everything here!!!!
I once had real trouble gifting..i was trying to gift Boo and Lady S and no matter how hard a tried it would not work and then even with live chat advising me it would still not work so they ended up phoning me and doing it manually all the needed was the name of the recipient, what you wanted to gift and then card details :) I didnt know it could be done this way up until then :)

I've gifted about 10 times now and its a great feeling!!! even better than being gifted :)

Personally i dont mind as its the thought that counts but i think for me it would be a book (my obsession with reading is out of control) or something ive mentioned on the forum recently...:)

If you use paypal then be aware that you have to log in and confirm payment and it says your address! Its only at the last stage you select the other persons address!

Ive gifted once, but thats because in the past i was too scared because i didnt realise you chose their address at the end, so assumed i was doing it wrong and didnt want the gifts sent to me so cancelled it!

for me i have never received a gift but i would appreciate anything no strings. By that i mean i wouldnt like it if someone sent me underwear and expected pictures in return! I think i would feel uncomfortable if someone sent me knickers with a message along those lines!

I just did my first gifting yesterday to someone... Went to their wishlist, selected the items, added to my cart and got so confused what to do next that I just used the live chat since I searched here and didn't see a thread LOL.

Anyway 1. go to said person's wishlist, 2. add to your cart, 3. proceed to checkout, you cannot use paypal only CC, 4. when you get to order processing you have the option to chage the ship to address to the receipient.

For me in the US, I was at a loss what made more sense to ship the UK site and get free shipping and pay the conversion or vice versa since the person not in the US. I opted to shop the UK site vs. the US site and figured it averaged out.

I figured if the items was on their wishlist the person would appreciate it and needed it. Hopefully I get to make someone's day tomorrow (published delivery date) and spread some positive karma.

Overall pretty simple process and it felt super awesome to give. I just wish you could enclose a note with the gift to provide some type of greeting or notation the order is a gift. I have seen others comment on here that they got packages they did not know were a gift and were confused.

Vanessa8 wrote:

I just did my first gifting yesterday to someone... Went to their wishlist, selected the items, added to my cart and got so confused what to do next that I just used the live chat since I searched here and didn't see a thread LOL.

Anyway 1. go to said person's wishlist, 2. add to your cart, 3. proceed to checkout, you cannot use paypal only CC, 4. when you get to order processing you have the option to chage the ship to address to the receipient.

For me in the US, I was at a loss what made more sense to ship the UK site and get free shipping and pay the conversion or vice versa since the person not in the US. I opted to shop the UK site vs. the US site and figured it averaged out.

I figured if the items was on their wishlist the person would appreciate it and needed it. Hopefully I get to make someone's day tomorrow (published delivery date) and spread some positive karma.

Overall pretty simple process and it felt super awesome to give. I just wish you could enclose a note with the gift to provide some type of greeting or notation the order is a gift. I have seen others comment on here that they got packages they did not know were a gift and were confused.

Just so you know, you can pop a message on gift orders by talking to Live Chat - I think it's just so they can moderate what gets said?

Vanessa8 wrote:

I agree with that, it would be handy. I know they used to have this feature but they removed it for some reason, it would be good if the reciept you get in the package at least said "gift order" or "You've been sent a wishlist gift!" etc., it would be a lot less confusing :p

I hope to send out some more gifts soon, there's a few people who have been really good to me on the forums and so supportive, I'd like to send them a thank you present :)

If you pay through paypal you might get alittle confused as it puts your own address but after you have been to paypal you can then choose which address to send the parcel to.

Flexy - thanks for that tip, I was in live chat while I was doing the order and asked if I could add a message on the order and she said no, that was not an option. ummm confusing!

I'm glad someone asked this question because I was wondering that myself. I'm new to the site and didn't know how to go about this. I agree though I would stick to someone's wish list so they get something they would like. I know I would greatly appreciate anything on mine. I've never received a gift, but if I ever did get one it would be a more than happy surprise.

JM88 wrote:

If you use paypal then be aware that you have to log in and confirm payment and it says your address! Its only at the last stage you select the other persons address!

Ive gifted once, but thats because in the past i was too scared because i didnt realise you chose their address at the end, so assumed i was doing it wrong and didnt want the gifts sent to me so cancelled it!

for me i have never received a gift but i would appreciate anything no strings. By that i mean i wouldnt like it if someone sent me underwear and expected pictures in return! I think i would feel uncomfortable if someone sent me knickers with a message along those lines!

Ah, right. I got to that point then I thought hang on, that's my address and cancelled it all because I assumed I'd done something wrong and I only buy stuff online through Paypal so I didn't want to put my card details in.

Vanessa8 wrote:

Flexy - thanks for that tip, I was in live chat while I was doing the order and asked if I could add a message on the order and she said no, that was not an option. ummm confusing!

Aw that's a pity. I wouldn't want someone to panic thinking they'd somehow accidentally ordered something because they didn't realise it's a gift.

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

JM88 wrote:

Ah, right. I got to that point then I thought hang on, that's my address and cancelled it all because I assumed I'd done something wrong and I only buy stuff online through Paypal so I didn't want to put my card details in.

Its really confusing! The email i got confiming the purchase from paypal also had my delivery address! I contacted live chat who assured me that the address it was sent to was different from my address (obv they couldnt tell me the address which is ok!).

I did see that the person had received the gift though so all was well!

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

Aw that's a pity. I wouldn't want someone to panic thinking they'd somehow accidentally ordered something because they didn't realise it's a gift.

I'm not sure then! When I gifted MBE the other week I was able to :S maybe it's because I spoke to Live Chat immediately after placing the order before it got processed? No idea :(

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

Ruby Red Slippers wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

I'm not sure then! When I gifted MBE the other week I was able to :S maybe it's because I spoke to Live Chat immediately after placing the order before it got processed? No idea :(

This is in no way a criticism of live chat,but it depends who you get! Sometimes i think they say different things (unintentionally) and it causes a bit of confusion on here!

Well next time I will try live chat again and see what happens. It's all gois I saw kn another thread it was received ok. :)

Thanks for your help everyone! x

Happy gifting! :)