How important is sex toy cleaner?

Soap and water most of the time. We don't share toys (his & hers butt plugs, dildos etc) and each toy is stored in its own little bag, so minimal risk of cross contamination.

I do use both soap/water and sex toy cleaner from time to time on all the toys , particulalry anal toys that have come out with matter on them, whilst it may not be entirely necessary, for the small price of sex toy cleaner on a per use basis, whats the harm?

For us, not in the slightest. We've never had any. Good old fashioned soap (liquid soap normally) and water. The liquid soap is just that - no additives or anything other than soap.

Me and my partner have never invested in a particular cleaner for our toys we always wash the toys after each individual use to keep clean and hygienic and to prevent infections. We have never had a problem and if correctly washed should be fine. In terms of longer lasting and what Is best for the toys I don’t really know all I can say is it’s been perfectly fine the way we have been doing it

Im a bit anal(pun intended) when it comes to cleaning toys. I wash after with mild soup and water very throughly dry and then spray with a toy spray which I then spread with my hand. Air dry then store.The one exception being fleshlights, I do all the above but add a bit of renewal powder(aka cornstarch or cornflour) after it dries to keep the soft non-tacky feel.

For soup currently im using this little bottle of toy soup that came with a toy and for spray im using ID toy cleaner mist and when thats gone I have a fleshwash(fleshlight brand) one.

I only share toys with a trusted partner(my boyfriend) and never in the same session. May be over kill but I hygenie is important and I want my toys to last a long time.

I was just wondering the same thing and thought does anyone else just use warm soapy water. And sorry for bringing this topic back up again.

For nearly 4 years I had sex toys iv never used sex toy cleaner, just simple water and a bit of soap and never had an issue. Also personally I don’t use renewer powder, yes my Fleshlight’s have gone a bit tacky but once a bit of lube is rubbed on them before play they feel amazing again.

Out of all my sex toys and theres a lot of them id say after nearly 4 years apart from a bit of tackiness on the Fleshlight’s they are pretty much like new, and I feel its down to the way they are stored in their own separate bags and cases.

1 Like

I think if you’ve got sensitive parts, or are more prone to infections, then the cleaning may matter more (for your own body, rather than the health of the toy).

Personally we don’t use sex toy cleaners regularly (we use baby wipes, and haven’t had an issue so far), but I remember the Sliquid Organic Toy Cleaner being a forum favourite (though possibly discontinued?), and the Pjur Med Spray too.