How long do you wear a cock ring for.

Just wondering when you wear a cock ring how many hours do people feel they can wear one for and at what point do you feel the need to remove to give your self a break from wearing it? Had one on for about 8 hours and felt like that was enough time and was getting a little sore.

I thought the reccomended time was a maximum of 20-30 minutes?

Agreed with Dali, I have never worn one for more than half an hour.

Defeats the point for one thing to wear it any longer and the simple fact of how it works makes it seem like a very unhealthy thing to wear at length.

It was good wearing one for long periods as it did keep me harder throughout the day. Was was quite good feeling.

Its up to you, but it is considered unsafe to wear them for more than 30 minutes.

That why I put it on here to see how long different do wear them for.

I wouldn't recomend wearing a cock ring for that length of time it may do some damage.

On the other hand have you thought about wearing a ball stretcher? My OH wears the

is http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=24098 for long periods of time, all day sometimes. Because it is squidgy it is really comfortable and gives a gentle tugging sensation, which he really loves.

Something like this might be an alternative for all day wear.

I have seen ball stretcher before. Never made my mind up on them tho. What benefits do you get from wearing them for long periods?

bondagegod wrote:

I have seen ball stretcher before. Never made my mind up on them tho. What benefits do you get from wearing them for long periods?

My OH says it's like having your balls gently tugged, which he enjoys, and I did this for him while giving him a blow job.

The real expert on wearing ball stretchers I'd Dj, he is now wearing 5 heavy metal ball stretchers at the same time!!! With a combined weight of almost 1kg. Hopefully he might coment later.

The one my OH wears is soft squishy and easy to take off if you get uncomfortable. The ones Dj wears are metal and Definately a more advanced option.

bondagegod wrote:

After reading some product descriptions of the items, ball stretchers are supposed to make your testicles hang more, hence bounce more and so giving you more pleasure during sex.

era wrote:

bondagegod wrote:

After reading some product descriptions of the items, ball stretchers are supposed to make your testicles hang more, hence bounce more and so giving you more pleasure during sex.

They hang more thats for sure. If I wear five rings (over 1kilo) for about four hours, then grab them they will stretch past my navle. If we are in a doggie, she likes to see them swing through and slap her mound.

still not sure on ball stretchers. have to think about them a bit longer.

I've used various rings. I favour the double ring ones made of rubber type material. I did have one ring that after just a few minutes I could tell was too tight, it was going a real deep shade of purple and becoming uncomfortable. In general I would not keep a ring on for more than thirty minutes and definitely not hours as you have been no matter how comfortable you may feel it. You really don't know what long term damage could be being caused and in reality the penis was never designed to be that erect for so long.

If the cock ring is tight and restricts blood flow enough, it could cause tissue damage. Especially rubber/stretchy rings as they contract as much as they stretch and can cut off circulation. I really wouldn't recommend wearing them for any longer than the recommended time, even if it's still comfortable.

This issue is why I'm not in favour of the one-size-fits-everything stretchy cock rings or (for somewhat different reasons) the solid metal rings. It seems to me that you are trying to achieve a modest reduction in the outflow of blood from the penis while erect so as to enhance the erection. You are not trying to cut off all arterial and venous flow to/from the cock and emasculate oneself! I think the fairly low stretch rings such as:-

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32874

are about perfect if you pick the size that is clearly loose around the flaccid cock and puts a modest grip around the erect cock. I found that the largest of the set above worked perfectly and that while wearing it and fully erect I still had a distinct pulse on the dorsal (that's the top from the wearer's viewpoint) side of the cock outboard of the ring. I see this as important. It's all very fine thinking you are going to take it off after 30 minutes but a) sex hopefully lasts a bit longer than that and b) one is likely to fall asleep after sex so no one may be awake to take it off.

If you go soft after being fully erect with the ring in place then there is evidence that the outflow from the penis is not completely occluded which is another worthwhile check I think.

Gyrator53 wrote:

This issue is why I'm not in favour of the one-size-fits-everything stretchy cock rings or (for somewhat different reasons) the solid metal rings. It seems to me that you are trying to achieve a modest reduction in the outflow of blood from the penis while erect so as to enhance the erection. You are not trying to cut off all arterial and venous flow to/from the cock and emasculate oneself! I think the fairly low stretch rings such as:-

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32874

are about perfect if you pick the size that is clearly loose around the flaccid cock and puts a modest grip around the erect cock. I found that the largest of the set above worked perfectly and that while wearing it and fully erect I still had a distinct pulse on the dorsal (that's the top from the wearer's viewpoint) side of the cock outboard of the ring. I see this as important. It's all very fine thinking you are going to take it off after 30 minutes but a) sex hopefully lasts a bit longer than that and b) one is likely to fall asleep after sex so no one may be awake to take it off.

If you go soft after being fully erect with the ring in place then there is evidence that the outflow from the penis is not completely occluded which is another worthwhile check I think.

You make a lot of sense. But come on, really (the bolded part)??? LOL. Like you fall asleep the second you came? Can't be bothered to slide the ring off while you - say - turn around on your cushion??? LOL.

Well, there are a few obstacles to my doing that - one being that my good wife is at that point somewhat surrounding the member in question and will not take kindly to my leaping off/out. By the time the afterglow has subsided so has my consiousness.

Seriously, falling asleep before removing the ring happens to me all the time and that is why I'm careful in the size, etc of the rings we use.

I should say the ring is about the size of the A-ring of the chastity cages we play with which, of course need to be sized for reasonably long-term wear.

Thank you for your comments. Think I just stick to the half an hour wearing cock rings now. Or less when we are having sex coz does normally last longer than half hour. Will remove it afterwards.