How long to get your items?

Hi,

I was just wondering - what's a 'realistic' time to expect a package to arrive for both tracked and non-tracked packages?

I'm currently a couple of days past the expected date as provided by LH - so, I was just curious how long of a wait am I really in for?

According to tracking - 1 of the parcels is in country and undergoing "sorting" - but it's been in that state for 3-4 days.

Where are you located roughly?

Packages can get caught up with customs if you're outside of the UK.

Hi There 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a delay - it may be a customs delay. 

I can see that CC have responded to this via email for you. 

Please check spam just in case the mail has gone in there and if it has not been recieved let me know and I will re-send it to you :) 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Hi There

Please check spam just in case the mail has gone in there and if it has not been recieved let me know and I will re-send it to you :)

Hi Leanne,

Yes - I got it - though - that's not really the question here (from the email) :). I was more trying to get an idea of what's quoted vs. reality :).

It probably is a Customs delay - but, I would have thought that the delivery date provided by LH would be more or less accurate.

NatandTom wrote:

Where are you located roughly?

Packages can get caught up with customs if you're outside of the UK.

Israel.

Typically though - if a package is in Sorting status - it's already passed Customs (IME).

(Sidenote - is it just me, or is there no way to sort search results on this forum by last post time?).

mripguru wrote:

Hi There

Hi Leanne,

Yes - I got it - though - that's not really the question here (from the email) :). I was more trying to get an idea of what's quoted vs. reality :).

It probably is a Customs delay - but, I would have thought that the delivery date provided by LH would be more or less accurate.

The dates we provide are an estimated date and usually meet this time frame . 

With the customs delays these are out of our control and unfortunately we are not aware until a customer asks about the delivery date or where their order is. 

I only have stats for UK deliveries but I can certainly ask about Isarel to get an idea for you, but I will say 95% of UK deliveries are made within the time frame 

We have had issues with strikes in customs in the past but we will be happy to resolve any matters with the customer , usually custom delays are cleared in 7 days but that is an estimate I am afraid 

mripguru wrote:

Hi There

Hi Leanne,

The dates we provide are an estimated date and usually meet this time frame .

With the customs delays these are out of our control and unfortunately we are not aware until a customer asks about the delivery date or where their order is.

I only have stats for UK deliveries but I can certainly ask about Isarel to get an idea for you, but I will say 95% of UK deliveries are made within the time frame

We have had issues with strikes in customs in the past but we will be happy to resolve any matters with the customer , usually custom delays are cleared in 7 days but that is an estimate I am afraid

Well - I guess not much I can do now but be patient.

Also looking at your orders 2 are estimated for today 

Please do let Customer care know if they do not show today and they will be able to provide a further update for you 

I'm in the EU and have bought extensively from two countries. 97% of my packages arrived on the exact date LH predicted (bare in mind 99% of my orders arrive with regular non tracked post). 1,5% of my packages arrived 1-2 days earlier, and 1% 1 day later. 0,5% or less is delays, which is basically only my latest package that I was supposed to get by the 22nd and it has not yet arrived. Other than this I only had one bigger delay than 1 day, and it was probably due to customs (they even 'misplaced' one of 3 knickers that time when resealing my package...). So I would say LH does a pretty accurate predictment of their deliveries. :) Give or take, of course, I did not do the exact math for statistics.

I'm in Canada and all my parcels arrive by the estimated date +/- 1-2 days. They're always tracked, and when there is a delay it is sometimes due to customs or postal service here loosing my parcel or something like that (eergh😡)

I live in Sweden and have never had a delay at all, all my parcels have arrived on time. Your delay must be bad luck unfortunately :)

mamz wrote:

I'm in Canada and all my parcels arrive by the estimated date +/- 1-2 days. They're always tracked, and when there is a delay it is sometimes due to customs or postal service here loosing my parcel or something like that (eergh😡)

Yeah - that's the thing though - I ordered from the US store AND from the UK store (I deal in USD mostly - so, trying not to get screwed on the Exchange rate).

The UK store sent my items with no tracking at all - but the US store has tracking? I find that slightly strange - but, whatever (since they're coming from the same place?).

You get free tracking when you buy items for a certain amount or pay for it. So you might not have spent enough to get free tracking from the UK site.

Sxleksaker wrote:

You get free tracking when you buy items for a certain amount or pay for it. So you might not have spent enough to get free tracking from the UK site.

I was well above that value.

I buy fron the uk store most of the time and alwayd have a tracking number. It's said to be on usps but if you wanr't to track it you have to do so with royal mail first, and your local postal servicr when it's entered your country

mripguru wrote:

mamz wrote:

Yeah - that's the thing though - I ordered from the US store AND from the UK store (I deal in USD mostly - so, trying not to get screwed on the Exchange rate).

The UK store sent my items with no tracking at all - but the US store has tracking? I find that slightly strange - but, whatever (since they're coming from the same place?).

This may be something to raise with Customer care so they can look into that further for you as all delivery options should be the same across the sites for the delivery destination 

We do have a Livechat service that is open 24/7 or you can email as you know 

mripguru wrote:

mamz wrote:

This may be something to raise with Customer care so they can look into that further for you as all delivery options should be the same across the sites for the delivery destination

We do have a Livechat service that is open 24/7 or you can email as you know

I actually did ask about that initially and was told that's just the way it is - I never thought about it since.