How much girth is too much?

Hi I'm thinking of expanding mine and my gf's sex toy collection and have been experimenting with fingers how many she can take.
The obvious progression I feel is getting a large dildo.
But have struggled doing research on what size to get.

At first was think 8" girth but I'm worried that would be too much so them went to 7". It's a surprise so she doesn't know.

Can anyone help me with their previous experiences and limits?

Hi! You don't want to do too much of a jump in girth as it can prove painful and cause damage if not used correctly. What sizes do you currently use?

I have had babies, pretty big babies at that but it still took a lot of time to build up just how much girth I could take.

8 inches circumference is big. I'd say somewhere in the 6.5-7 inch range would be a good start if your looking for something big but not huge.

I have a King Cock Vibrator that would be a good start. It is 7 inches but has a good amount of taper so the tip is quite a bit smaller! https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38274

Yep, 8inch is definitely quite big. Obviously you've made your selection on your experience with your partner so good luck.

If I’m being honest I think that 7 inches might still be a bit of a jump. Toys feel rather different to fingers and penises. Even if someone can take a penis with a 6 inch girth it doesn’t necessarily mean they will be able to take a toy of that size without warm up from a smaller toy and a coating of lube first.

My first dildo was 5 inches girth and I found it too painful to insert. I wasn’t used to sex toy materials and it didn’t occur to me to look into firmness and things like that when buying. I then ordered a 4.5 inch and that was fine. I used that first then moved onto the 5 inch and gradually increased in .5 increments as advised by people on the forums. Now I can take larger toys but I still need the warm up with smaller toys first :)

1 Like

NatandTom wrote:

If I’m being honest I think that 7 inches might still be a bit of a jump. Toys feel rather different to fingers and penises. Even if someone can take a penis with a 6 inch girth it doesn’t necessarily mean they will be able to take a toy of that size without warm up from a smaller toy and a coating of lube first.

My first dildo was 5 inches girth and I found it too painful to insert. I wasn’t used to sex toy materials and it didn’t occur to me to look into firmness and things like that when buying. I then ordered a 4.5 inch and that was fine. I used that first then moved onto the 5 inch and gradually increased in .5 increments as advised by people on the forums. Now I can take larger toys but I still need the warm up with smaller toys first :)

This 👍 I haven't gone larger than 6 inches yet and still need a warm up toy to use anything over 5 inches.

NatandTom wrote:

+1 Even 5" can feel pretty big.Its definitely not just about the girth when increasing size, texture, taper and warm up are just as important and can make all the difference. Relaxation and plenty lube are also a must. Half inch increments also sounds like good advice. Hope you both enjoy whichever one you go for.x

NatandTom wrote:

Some good advice here, I think the how many fingers method is a little dubious. Even though you might fit three fingers in side by side and think to your self thats like 2 inches diamter, it doesnt reflect the way the muscle stretches around them. If it is a fully round item it will require the muscle to lengthen quite a but further.

LH has some really good dildoes in the 4.5 - 5.5 range. I dont know if training your vaginal muscles to loosen is similar to training your anal sphincters but seems like it would be somewhat. In that sense, I find ripples or things like the LH beaded glass dildo or this one https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28353 are great for taining as the ripples really get the body to loosen those muscles when thrust in an out quickly.

My suggestion of the King Cock vibe may have been a little misleading even, I only reccomended it because it is probably close to 5.5 inches at the head and only approaches 7 inches circumfrence about 6-8 inches up the shaft.

All that said, I think the ladies have spoken and would be worth heading their words.

Unless you've got some hefty fingers, 8 inches sounds like a bridge too far. Have you got any toys to compare to, or even measure yourself?

Fingers, penises and tongues are all able to kinda bend and manoeuvre to fit in smaller spaces so it's not the same as a dildo or vibe so I would suggest going down 2" or 1" from what you can usually handle and work your way up. Remember not to jump before you can step, you can cause some serious tears and could hurt yourself so use plenty of lubricant and stop when things hurt. It would be cool if a dildo set was available with multiple sizes like a stretching kit for ear lobes ha! I'll put this on the pander to me thread.

1 Like

The bigger the better baby lol x

I think not too much of a jump... Hubby is about 6 circ so I'm OK to go girthy with no issue but its still a stretch, amazing feeling though!!

I had to build up to do anal though with him being so big so started small and worked up but with no natural lube up there I wasn't taking any chances and has taken months of practice 😀

Take a trip of paper mark the girth (length ) now roll the end round to meet the mark, this gives a very clear visual indication of its true size?
Go up in gradual steps as for how much is too much, well my wife admitted she actually likes the feeling of my whole hand in there! I'm happy to oblige.