How much lube

My Oh is usually dry down there even when horny i think its to do with birth control effecting her,so whats the best lube and how much,i tried liquid silk lube white one,durex natural but they get tacky and if i use too much i cant feel her pussy just tacky wetness,any advice?

1 Like

We use this one.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/lubes-essentials/lubricants/water-based-lubes/p/lovehoney-enjoy-water-based-lubricant-250ml/65525.html

We start off with a relatively small amount on the tip of my penis and add more as required.

@SecretSins
It’s unusual to be dry despite birth control as the vagina should become naturally wet when turned i
On

I would seek medical advice as while lubes are helping it may mask an issue

1 Like

My wife is also quite dry till shes really worked up (she’s 71).
We used LH Discover for everything until recently when we swapped to Fist It Extra Thick for use with our bigger butt plugs.

@tan_hussain

I need advice on this to :weary:

We use this one almost exclusively and love it. It’s water based so it’s toy safe and is even thick enough to use for anal.

https://www.lovehoney.com/lubes-essentials/lubricants/anal-lubes/p/lovehoney-discover-water-based-anal-lubricant-8.5-fl-oz/66588.html

Water based 100%, a little goes a long way too

You could try an oil based lube or a silicone based lube, both last longer than water based lubes and don’t go tacky. The only cons are that oil based lubes can’t be used with condoms and silicone lubes can’t be used with silicone toys. I find these last a lot longer than water based ones but they don’t feel quite as cushioning. I sometimes mix a bit of water based lube with an oil based one for the best of both - the “yes” brand water and oil lubes are designed to be used together.

My other suggestion is that your wife could try talking to her GP. There are other birth control options that don’t cause as much dryness. Sometimes it’s worth trying a different brand of pill because the hormone combinations vary slightly which can cause a big difference in side effects. If she doesn’t want to change birth control, your GP might be able to prescibe vagifem or something similar (a topical oestrogen that prevents dryness).

This is the one my OH and I have atm … definitely one of the best water-based lubes we’ve tried. You don’t need much for it to go a long way.
Wet Stuff Water-Based Lubricant

As someone else said, as long as you don’t use it with silicon toys, a silicon lube is fantastic for being long-lasting while also not reducing any sensation by being too slippery.

1 Like