How often does the LH site leave you feeling inadequate?

I miss feeling confident about myself.

What do you mean inadequate?

In what way? The LH site has never made me feel inadequate x

Never...inspired yes

LH has done the opposite to me. How can I feel inadequate when there's no one for me to let down?

Right, so it's just me then. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

What's up sweetie? Don't compare yourself to other people, everyone is beautiful and perfect in their own way xx

you need to elaborate then maybe we would understand a bit better x

JuicyJ89 wrote:

you need to elaborate then maybe we would understand a bit better x

+1 x

What's up rose hip? I don't think anyone fully understands your question . Hooe your ok x

It's not just you hun, i see all the profile pictures of beautiful slim/curvy women, while all the lingerie says my size is at least XL, some brands even XXL/XXXL, and my views on sex etc seem to be the absolute opposite of everyone else. I'm an older virgin, who wants to only even kiss one person in my life, with a purely vanilla, no kinks or toys sex life, that is about forging a stronger emotional bond with no mind at all paid to whether i orgasm or not. I have zero fetishes, and apparently must be boring because i see sex and relationships in a very old fashioned way, it's easy to feel pretty outcast, especially when people start their sentences with "all men love" or "He's a guy, he'd really like" then go on to suggest something I'd never have the confidence or be comfortable with doing. I feel outcast enough having an illness that massively complicates and damages my sexual abilities, Sometimes threads leave me feeling like I'm going to be a useless physical partner and that my partner will be unhappy and disatisfied.

Visiting the lingerie section leaves me feeling inadequate for sure. That's why I haven't made a single lingerie order for...well, over a year now!

Also when people talk about things they can do/do for their partner (like lapping up cum and bending all sorts of ways and full on anal sex etc) that I can't, that leaves me feeling like my partner could do a million times better than me as I just can't give him certain things he wants because of my own stupid issues...

But it's just me and my crappy mind. It isn't the forum/webste's fault.

Hope you're okay, didn't mean to jump in over you with a mini moan!

It's made me realise I'm more vanilla than I thought! But I like that, we're not all about the next thrill or ticking things off a fantasy bucket list, we're intimate and happy with plain old missionary, no toys, no bondage just us.

VA every man is different, I had an ex who just wanted "typical" man sex, anal, outside, choke on my dick type stuff. Whereas my OH is so intimate, and just likes the closeness of sex together, looking into his eyes is the most amazing part of sex for me. When I told OH I couldn't orgasm (I can I just didn't know it then) he wasn't bothered at all, just enjoyed it as it was.

Everyone has their own kinks, some are things like bondage, others are looking holding your OH close as they orgasm feeling the electricity through their veins

I actually feel much more inspired since I've came across this forum, curious about trying new things, and my writting mojo is back after quite a lot of time.

ShinySparkle wrote:

Plenty of times. There's too much boobage on here. And I for one, am jealous!

Oh, don't be jealous of boobs! I have huge bazonkas and seriously considering breast reduction (for the sake of my health). They're such a pain and the weight is seriously starting to mess up my spine. Nothing's ever going to be just perfect so it's better to enjoy what you have :)

Don't worry rose hip it isn't just you. Everyone has ups and downs, I for one suffer from feelings of inadequacy and lack of confidence quite often. Sometimes it can be made worse by the LH site (through absolutely NO fault of its own, I must stress!), sure. For instance there was one topic asking users how often they have sex which practically had me in tears. I'd always heard/assumed that marriage and kids, two things I've yet to exprience, were the real hammer blows to your sex life yet mine is a pale shadow compared to most on here. For a guy in his mid-twenties with no kids to run around after, that was hard to take.

However, I've made a few purchases through LH recently which have improved things a little bit - which is a start and the first steps to a better/happier sex life. What's more, the forums have provided loads and loads of helpful, interesting, funny and supportive reading. For each time I've been brought down by something on here, there's several other things to lift me up again. It seems like you're feeling blue tonight, hun. Keep your chin up, know that things can and will improve and know that you're not alone and that these forums are here for you to talk and share (or not). Hope you feel better soon. *hug*

Sometimes, through no fault of the LH forum itself. But this is not about us... Are you ok rose hip? I am feeling very un-confident and down myself today :/ Not sure why; I have my off days but I thought I was gaining confidence and then suddenly the last few days boom! Big confidence drop for no reason whatsoever :/

Anyway enough about me, how are you? I hope you are ok and not feeling too down, here is a hug *hugs* Please let us know how you are and what is troubling you x

lingerie sizes get me down sometimes.

Never inadequate, maybe envious at times, as I can't afford some of the more expensive toys like others can.

I hope you are ok Rose Hip (hugs, just in case) xxx

RoseHip i really hope your okay!

I have serious body issues! but i try to look past them, i like sexy outfits that hide everything that i dont like! Lovehoney has actually opened my eyes, to see that no matter who you are what you look like, what you like and dont like it's all normal as long as you enjoy it!

Please dont ever let anything here or anywhere make you feel that way!

Anyway *big hug for RoseHip and anyone who feel the same*