How to clean Jelly Toys

Hi

I know that this thread is a repeated one, but I am really confused about it.

I have a Jelly realistic dildo and I clean it using antibacterial soap and water. I read in the forum that that is not enought and bacterias are still there.

Can I boil it?

I know that everybody recommends silicone dildos, but this one is an old one and my favourite.

thanks!!

No, you can't boil jelly sex toys. They will melt. They can't cope with heat. The reason people say that it has bacteria remaining is because it's a porous material. You can clean the surface but bacteria will gather in the pores of the toy.

I don't like to recommend jelly at all but if you do like the toy, don't use it for more than one orifice (anal and vaginal or vaginal and oral for example) and check it for mold spots or material changes regularly. If there's any signs of changes, replace it.

If you are currently using it for multiple orificies then I'd recommend stopping this and buying another if possible that can be kept for one purpose and the one you have now for another. This just stops bacteria going from anus to vagina and prevents infections :)

Thanks NT, I love your help and reviews

I have another question: What about TPE and ABS toys?

Thanks!!

Try putting through the dishwasher on 55c the detergent alone will kill anything off that's why you can use it for babies bottles.

TPE is porous so same as above applies. Abs is fine. 

Silicone is the best bet for insertables but glass and metal are great too :)

Also thanks!

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Try putting through the dishwasher on 55c the detergent alone will kill anything off that's why you can use it for babies bottles.

If you put toys through a dishwasher they need to go in without detergent on a sanitize setting. Wouldn't recommend putting anything porous in there. Babies bottles tend to be made from hard plastic which is why they can go in there safely :)

NatandTom wrote:

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

If you put toys through a dishwasher they need to go in without detergent on a sanitize setting. Wouldn't recommend putting anything porous in there. Babies bottles tend to be made from hard plastic which is why they can go in there safely :)

You have a point perhaps silicone would be better?

Definitely don't boil it. If you're concerned about it being a pros material but you like the toy how about using condoms?

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Definitely don't boil it. If you're concerned about it being a pros material but you like the toy how about using condoms?

Thanks all for your help

We decided to throw them in the trash or use them with a condom.

Sadly our collection is big, so many to throw...

We will buy silicone ones as soon as we can

Cleaning products sold by LH is a good bet. Why not try some of them?

4Uonly wrote:

Cleaning products sold by LH is a good bet. Why not try some of them?

I´ll do it