How to recharge a Mantrix rechargeable vibrator

I have attempted to recharge this vibrator by inserting the probe into the charging point hawever, I have been unable to insert it beyond one millimeter. This sets the vibrations in motion but will not allow me to push the probe to the full length,
What am I doing wrong?

2 Likes

Inserting the charging jack should not turn the toy on.

Sometimes the port can be misaligned, and giving the jack a wiggle when you slip it in can help realign it, but if it’s turning on without you pressing the power button then I’d contact Customer Care. :+1:

(and also the obvious, check that you’re inserting the charger into the right place :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Yes checking it is the right hole is always important when using a probe. Does the toy work normally with all the buttons? What does the hole your probing look like? Some do need a little bit of force to get in, but as said it should not turn on.

1 Like

Which Mantric one do you have? They do sometimes need quite a firm push but do check you’re trying to insert it into the right hole before doing that. Most of the images for the Mantric range have photos on the Lovehoney website (I’ve put a couple below as an example) which shows you where the charging point is. But as the pictures show they should be flush. Also try to make sure that as you are pushing the cable in you’re not accidentally pressing the on button - I’ve definitely done this before as some of them are quite close in proximity! Another thing would be to double check you’re using the right cable if you have other toys - some look very similar but they are often very slightly different sizes in either length or width. Hope you get it sorted!

3 Likes

Trying to insert the charging jack into the wrong hole is a mistake I’ve made in the past so it’s probably common, especially in toys where the charging port is not particularly visible . I have this Mantric Rabbit and the charging port is almost invisible ( without my glasses!) If you try to stick it in the on/off hole then it will turn the toy on.

Worth looking closely to see if this is the case :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m having trouble with my Mantric Rabbit.

I’ve only used it a couple of times - went to use it the other day and it wouldn’t turn on so I charged it for a few hours.
Tonight, I went to use it while in the moment - and I couldn’t get the dam thing on!!

So I will double check where I’m sticking the charger wire as stated above - but also, how do you turn it on.
Is it a push or a hold or something else?

Push button once to turn the lights on and then push a second time to activate the vibration. Or at least, that’s how it is supposed to work

1 Like

No lights appear on it - I’m sure it did have a blue light before.
Must be the charging then.

The Mantric ones (I believe they’re the same - I don’t actually own the rabbit so apologies if not) pulse when charging then a solid light when it’s fully charged. Do you get any lights when charging?

Also worth double checking you’ve not accidentally put the travel lock on whilst attempting to turn it on! For the travel lock you need to do a long hold for a few seconds to turn on/off although I think putting back on charge should reset this function anyway :blush:

3 Likes

@Cupc8kes I’ve got that Mantric one. To activate you press once and a light will come on then a second press starts the vibrations.
As it’s charging there should be a pulsing blue light and when charging is completed the light will be solid.

1 Like

I was going to say I had that prob with a different Mantric toy - somehow I had activated the ‘travel lock’. I still have no idea how, or how I removed it, but it sounds a very similar experience to what I had.

Other thing I would mention re the orig post is the charge port on some mantric toys are very discreet and well hidden - which is great for cleaning (and of course if meant to be safe for bath/shower play) but left me puzzled until I found it.

2 Likes

https://lovehoneyforum.com/t/images-to-share-in-topics/259586/181?u=cupc8kes

So I have tried again, carefully plugged it in the only slot and given it a little wriggle to make sure.
I’ve tried turning on and off - no light is appearing.
Am I doing something wrong?

I’m not sure. If it was the travel lock as mentioned above then plugging in to charge should unlock it I believe.
Could it be an issue with the cable?

1 Like

Sounds like there may be a fault somewhere as it really shouldn’t be that hard.

Could you try using a different charger? The one it uses is this one and if you have a look in the product description, you’ll see other toys that use the same charger so if you have any of those they may work.

Also try charging it from a different USB port, whether that be using a different plug, plug socket or not using a laptop/computer to charge the toy (even if you use the same plug/plug socket/computer/whatever for others things and it seems to be working fine for other things.)

If these don’t work, then you might want to contact customer care about a replacement.

2 Likes

I’ve tried everything and had no luck :sob:

I’ll do a live chat tomorrow and see what they suggest.

1 Like

Have you tried changing the fuse in the plug? Fuse may have blown? Is the mains plug socket working? Try another mains plug (charging from an extension cable? Use a mains socket).

1 Like

Definitely not the fuse as that plug head works for my other wires.
Good suggestion though.

1 Like

Hope you manage to get it sorted @Cupc8kes
That Mantric is one of my favs!

1 Like

Did you manage to get this sorted @Cupc8kes ?

1 Like

Yes - totally bonkers.
Was using the wrong wire :woman_facepalming:
How are you supposed to figure that out - it was sliding into the hole.

But now I’ve labeled all my wires, as there’s far too many and are so similar.

2 Likes