How to start afresh

Hiya, I’m struggling to get over my ex! I have had break ups before but this one.... I thought we were in it for the long haul. I don’t know whether it’s because he’s the father of my kids, he’s always going to be in it but not in it, I am grieving for what the kids have lost also ( that family life). Any tips or pointers on how to get past it as he is no longer interested and I am stuck still wishing I had my best friend back..........

SwanSwan I’m in The same position single but in denial. I desperately want my wife back but it’s a no go. Other people have said cut contact as much as possible and give it time, so far nothings changed for me. Just know that your not alone.

It's a hard situation honestly as seeing each other regularly due to your children means the emotions are being raised each time. Have you talked maybe about a mutual person collecting etc

I’m sorry your going through this x I can see how much harder it is to deal with a break up when children are involved x is the split amicable?

SwanSwan wrote:

Hiya, I’m struggling to get over my ex! I have had break ups before but this one.... I thought we were in it for the long haul. I don’t know whether it’s because he’s the father of my kids, he’s always going to be in it but not in it, I am grieving for what the kids have lost also ( that family life). Any tips or pointers on how to get past it as he is no longer interested and I am stuck still wishing I had my best friend back..........

I can certainly associate and empathise with this and cannot offer you any words of solace. It is a heartwrenchingly awful thing. Your words strike so true and I can think of nothing in my own situation to improve my circumstances, and as a result, am struggling to think of anything productive for here either.

Life can be extremely harsh sometimes..................... let the tears flow............

I am so sorry to hear SwanSwan, we’re here for you x

I’ve been through this myself and it was really hard initially. I always wanted that nuclear family for my kids thinking that was what was best for them. I had nearly a year almost no contact between me and my ex and it made a huge difference. I focused on myself and the kids, learning who I was again. 6 years later and I’m in a completely different place. I am so much happier and it took getting through those tough times to realise that. Even the kids are much happier which shows me it was definitely the right thing. Honestly just give it some time, focus on you and the kids. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it’s worth it. xoxo

This is really tough one initially. I was a big believer in marriage forever and thought i was happily married with 2 kids. This is until I found out her secrets. It took a good year or so but I moved on and now have an even better life than before and the the kids are so resiliant and accept there new life with 2 families. I promise it does get better and you will learn some valuable lesson through this about yourself so make sure you listen to yourself and eventually you will turn it to a positive.