How to use butt plugs

Not literally. On my search for information and ideas I have found many people saying "I don't know how they work" as if there is some magic way of shoving a lump of silicon up your ass...

Anyway I have used butt plugs in solo play in the past and want to introduce them to play with my partner. We tried last night, but it ended up turning a very horny time in to an awkward moment as I messed about with lube then pushing it in me while she watched a little board.

Now, she has no problem with anal play, but I am wondering how people play with butt plugs and anal toys without awkward fumbling and killing the mood. It felt like being a horny teenager trying to undo a bra for the first time, which was funny in a way, but killed the mood.

Do you normally put one in before sex, or is there RP games you play?

I'm very confused. I love anal play so want to do it with her, but not sure how.

We use them at any point during a session whether its in foreplay or during sex, whenever really my advice really would be to try getting her more involved in using them on you if she will.

Although i like to watch my partner use toys i like using them on him to and when it comes to anal toys we rarely use them on ourselves its usually the other doing it for us. I like knowing that im involved in his pleasure.

Trend to go with the flow, while either OH is putting plug in my ass or if I am doing it to myself he kisses and carrys on while I insert in to keep the moment going . Just very natural go with flow . I love using toys on my OH very horny .

Best advice relax and just go with the flow and dont panic if you have to stop and start x

Thank you for the advice. I have had a chat with my OH and it seems that the problem from her point of view was something unrelated. She wasn't "in" to it as I hoped because of something else that had been a problem. Thanks to you guys we have talked this through and are going to try again.

could you ask her to put it in for you?

that way she will be involved