Hybrid lube - which one?

I’m lube shopping…
Just for everyday stuff.
We usually use Sliquid Natural Gel but I have a couple of small bottles of that to finish and I fancy a change:

Sliquid Silk Hybrid
Lovehoney Delight Extra Silky
Liquid Silk

Spot the theme!

Anyone got a favourite out of these three?
I want to be able to use it with silicone toys, and for oral, hands and PIV :+1: :heart:

EDT: I have sensitive skin

1 Like

The Lovehoney one isn’t actually a hybrid as there is no silicone in it at all. I really like it although there are a few reviews with people having a bit of a reaction to it. Not saying you will, but worth thinking about.

Liquid Silk is a great lube, bit old school and very chemically. Also tastes really gross so not one to use for oral.

3 Likes

Liquid Silk is our go to and has been for years.
Tried a few others but nothing we have found is as good

2 Likes

V helpful - thanks. Maybe I should stick (slip?) with Sliquid and try their hybrid.

1 Like

It has a big following - that’s why I’m intrigued!

2 Likes

Ive been using liquid silk for nearly a couple months now and I love the stuff, so much so I brought a few bottles of it. Because of the way it looks it actually turned me on the first time I used it. As @Calie says the taste is a bit off putting but im not using it for oral.

One thing i liked to point out is that the Sliquid silk is 12% silicone where has the liquid silk is only 2%, so the liquid silk won’t be as harsh on your silicone toys in the long run.

Have you looked at Lovehoneys new Crave? https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=42907#fo_c=24&fo_k=9ceedbad30e8bfb1fe80c04a154312b2&fo_s=monetateeapgb

3 Likes

I didn’t even realize there was any Silicone in it… shows how much I know !!!
We use it on all our toys and have never had any issues with it even over time.
Will keep an eye on this in future though :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve tried all 3 and love each one. The new LH crave is great too.
I no longer use water based lubes as I need to apply it way to often then it just becomes a sticky mess unless I chuck a jug of water at my vulva :laughing:

3 Likes

Liquid Silk is the one I use if I haven’t had time to shower as I suffer from recurrent UTIs and it has bacteriostatic properties. I also love it for massage.

I haven’t tried the other two mentioned but use Lovehoney’s Discover and Enjoy when I don’t use LS.

MegsMenopause water-based surprised me when I used it recently. I was expecting something blah from a ‘celebrity’ range but it turns out to be a really nice lube that even impressed my partner enough for him to ask if we were using something new. The oil version is on my (never-ending) wishlist now.

3 Likes

@VR I tested the oil-based MegsMenopause lube and thought it was great - I can recommend it.
I want a water-based one too so perhaps I’ll try the one from that range instead of the hybrids.

@Purring-Pussy the Crave looks good. Is it ok with silicone toys?

I don’t think it’s recommended but I have used it with toys and it’s been okay.

1 Like