I need to find somewhere outside to screeeeeeeeeeeammmm!!!!

My mood is so shit at the moment!!

My family are dicks! I could go on so much but it's unfair.

I'm finding it really hard to get on with my mum at the moment (she's not one of the dicks though) it's so difficult and I keep going through phases where I feel I can't stand to be around her. Then I feel guilty because she's poorly and I feel like a horrible person.

Do many else of you go through this with your parents? I am like it to the point I don't want to see her at all, ever again in my feelings at the time.

I feel so ...ballistic at the moment. I really want to smash everything. I might go for a walk.

ARGH so sorry. No one to talk to! Just ignore me.

But yeah. My mum has mental health problems so it's tough sometimes. It's like getting to know a whole new mum.
Xx

Hi MM. You sound like you need to talk to someone. I'm all quiet on the nightshift if you want to unload or just have a moan. Do you still have my e-mail address? Get in touch if you like, i'm a good listener. I understand if you don't. Big hug.

Funnily enough I was thinking of you this week! Was planning on messaging you to ask how you are.

Really don't know what I want to do at the moment. I am also soooooo tired! Gonna go see if I can sleep now if not will take dog for a walk. Tired myself out with anger, I felt like hurting myself half hour ago now I feel pure weak and headachy.
Xx

Get in touch anytime you like, i am here most days just different shifts. As you know i am knocking on a bit but have a good ear,may not have any answers for you but here for support if you want it. Don't do anything daft,talk to someone thats why i'm offering, even just for a laugh and a joke if you want to take your mind off other things. I don't want to pry into your business. Just take care and i'm here if needed. Best wishes and a cuddle, better than a hug at the moment i think.

I ended up lay in bed and opening up to my boyfriend about it a bit, amongst other stuff, and he was really understanding.
This meant I was crying even more and feeling so pathetic and crazy but I guess it did me good really. I'm so scared I'm going to push him away with all my crying (I cry for a good part of a week these days) and I do feel vulnerable letting him know so much but the responses I get, whether they're just for now or not, are really helpful.

I told him I didn't mean to be nasty and ungreatful but I cba to hear it will get better/Iwill get better. I already know. I consider myself optimistic, I just feel a bit broken atm. I guess I'm not on medication though so that won't help, I could do with some really.

Will message you when I have more time (I feel like I take longer on Hotmail than here) just for chit chats, I was going to anyway! :) Xx

Hoping things pick up for you x

maltedmilk wrote:

My mood is so shit at the moment!!

My family are dicks! I could go on so much but it's unfair.

I'm finding it really hard to get on with my mum at the moment (she's not one of the dicks though) it's so difficult and I keep going through phases where I feel I can't stand to be around her. Then I feel guilty because she's poorly and I feel like a horrible person.

Do many else of you go through this with your parents? I am like it to the point I don't want to see her at all, ever again in my feelings at the time.

I feel so ...ballistic at the moment. I really want to smash everything. I might go for a walk.

ARGH so sorry. No one to talk to! Just ignore me.

But yeah. My mum has mental health problems so it's tough sometimes. It's like getting to know a whole new mum.
Xx

You aren't the only one... unfortunately family relationships are never the easiest. I have never got on well with my mother. But i'm learning to be around her all over again as my father has just had a tumour removed and need alot of help. So scream loud... it helps... it's needed... it's good for the soul. Just don't let it eat you up x

Thank you.

It upsets me more because it's not as simple as a general clash, it's her illness and how she has totally changed. She's very different to how she was when she was my mommy! Then there's the me feeling crap, growing up and understanding how she would have struggled with being ill, but worrying about myself being like it and even though she was poorly doing the things which have upset me, it's still upset me . She's totally different to my younger sibling who is horrible and isn't disciplined! Really makes me mad and upsets me. I am very jealous. I feel ashamed of her acting weird in front of my boyfriend and get scared at what he must be thinking about her ans dreading if that's what he has to look forward to with me. Xx

maltedmilk wrote:

Thank you.

It upsets me more because it's not as simple as a general clash, it's her illness and how she has totally changed. She's very different to how she was when she was my mommy! Then there's the me feeling crap, growing up and understanding how she would have struggled with being ill, but worrying about myself being like it and even though she was poorly doing the things which have upset me, it's still upset me . She's totally different to my younger sibling who is horrible and isn't disciplined! Really makes me mad and upsets me. I am very jealous. I feel ashamed of her acting weird in front of my boyfriend and get scared at what he must be thinking about her ans dreading if that's what he has to look forward to with me. Xx

I understand... i worry too that my mothers conditions will be my own someday. But you know what... your other half has stayed this long.. and seems to listen too when you are upset. This is a great thing. Easier said than done... but try to keep in mind that someone is with you because they see enough amazing things in you to want you. Plus it's easy to see all the bad... I try to live as happy as i can be now... because you can't help what happens down the road. xx

Oh and jelousy, embarrasment, anger... you are human honey xxx

Yeah :) I'm so scared of losing him though. Lots of people who have listened to me and cared in the past have let me down eventually. I'm scared of it happening with him.

With regards to my mum though, some days I will be the total opposite and be really clingy wanting to see her a lot like a needy child! xx

Hi, maltedmilk.

If you are struggling to cope with the mental health issues your family members are facing, it is often possible to get help and support through mental health charities. There might be a local (or online) support group for relatives of people suffering from a specific condition, or even a general support network for any carers of people living with long term or degenerative conditions.

As a first port of call, try Mind.

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/i_know_someone_with_a_mental_health_problem

Looking around a little, you might find more that directly relates to your position, or in your local area.

Good luck.

MrMr

Oh god, I know how this feels. I don't get on with any of my siblings and it defines my relationship with my parents.

I usually go for a run to blow off steam. I stick to the country roads though where my screaming and shouting only disturbs the cows.

My mother died in '97. she had all sorts of problems. alcoholic. agoraphobia. a nervous wreck.

a little bulimic. I would trade nearly everything I have to have her back even if just for one day.....

Tomorrow is another day...keep smiling...

My Dad by contrast is still very much alive and kicking and a complete twat....!

Hope this cheered you a little....

The glass is always half full cos I drank the other half....!

Thanks for all your words guys.

I wanted to avoid reading on anything to do with mental health because when I go to the drs to try and get help for myself they can be arsey with you knowing too much about mental health problems and suspect you of learning to lie about yourself.

I just feel like shutting off for a while. I'm really not great at the moment and don't want to deal with anything.

Sorry to hear about all of your issues too xxxxxxxx