Ideas for spicing up a boring hotel room

Random topic I know but we’re going away for an overnight next weekend, in the afternoon we are going to a well known restaurant for a tasting menu and then we have the rest of the day to ourselves, probably to first walk off some of the food but then some other fun. The restaurant is in a tiny village and we booked one of the only free hotels. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it but it’s just very plain, beige and well not very sexy.

I wanted to see if anyone had any simple ideas to sex up the room a bit? I can bring candles, we can have a long bath but anything else? I was looking at one of those projector light things but didn’t know if that would actually change the mood of the room haha.

Any suggestions welcome!

4 Likes

First of all make sure the bedroom is warm enough. Remember you will be naked at some point and the temperature must be comfortable enough. Music is a real turn on so select your sexiest tracks to play on your phone. Room decoration is not that important but a nice aroma can be a turn on. Either a scented candle or defused may be a good idea. Lingerie especially new sexy lingerie that your partner has not seen before can really set a sexy mood if you allow him to undress and discover.

Hope these ideas help and have a lovely sexy time.

6 Likes

What about a throw or something for the bed? Could be something simple and soft or something made from satin or pvc or something like the Liberator throw.

Pre make or find a sexy playlist, doesn’t need to be full on sex but some decent background music can change a vibe of a room.

Nice looking bottles of massage oil and/or lube. Even if you don’t specifically use them, having a few bits out can help. If you are taking toys, depending on the ones you have, maybe take ones that look good and/or ones that match each other.

Folding/portable mirrors. A couple of travel type mirrors that aren’t too big but you’d get a reasonable look at yourselves in.

5 Likes

Its nearly Halloween so why not try going into the local shops and picking up some black web (Cheese Cloth) and some Tac pins and some other decor as well as some spicy outfits or masks and make up, Have yourself a ghost story Cuddle and see if the willies get put up you both :slight_smile: if all else fails you could have a spooky wank! :slight_smile: Have fun no matter what you decide to do, Enjoy each other, thats what its all about.

2 Likes

I agree with @Calie and @Love_Stud_Too (great advice from you two)
Music is essential in my opinion - the biggest mood changer of all, so if you have a decent little Bluetooth speaker and a great sexy time Spotify playlist, you are winning.
I love scented candles but make sure you can use them without setting off a smoke alarm! we didn’t risk it last time we stayed in a hotel.
Bath salts, spritz scents are great. You can buy cheap little electric tea lights and frosted glass votives (the little glass holders) which you can spread out the room and have a lovely flickering low, warm light. They look great!
A well packed bag of toys, lube and lingerie will change the mood!
My goddess lady dressed up in the LH desert princess outfit and did a belly dance last time we stayed in a hotel :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart:
Hope you have an amazing, fun time :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Dim the lights and turn up the temperature. Bring a Bluetooth speaker to play a good playlist to help spice up the mood

All great ideas! Already have a sexy outfit planned, bath oil, massage oil etc…just feel a strong desire to block out the ‘vanilla’ room haha.

Usually love spending hours picking out sexy hotel rooms/air bnbs but get it doesn’t have to be about the room.

Onto that sexy Spotify playlist now!

3 Likes

Some good ideas from everyone… How about those battery operated string lights? They are cheap and effective…

2 Likes

When you mentioned candles I immediately pictured setting off the fire alarms and the whole hotel having to be evacuated . Im sure whatever you end up doing will be well recived . Maybe get some flowers and champagne to go with good soundtrack . If its a modern basic hotel, the room lighting might be the horrible white LEDs so if you have a mood light that you could take along , it would add to the setting .

2 Likes

I turned my very ugly dull 2nd bedroom into a sex dungeon for £30 I have faith in you making the hotel room enjoyable :smiley:

Get a playlist, dim the lights, get the room warm
Bring electric candles (hotel smoke alarms can be cheap so candles can set them off), throws/blakets/pillows.
Best sex related item we always pack is the monogamy board game, wand and bondage tape.

1 Like

YMMV but you could add under bed restraints to the list of options.