I'm WHAT cup size?!

So, my friends convinced me to get my bra fitted the other day, convinced that I wasn't a C. Turns out, they were right. I am not a 34C... I'm a 32E! :O

Needless to say, I'm still trying to process that. Bra fitting is weird and complicated. Please tell me that I'm not the only one here who has been woefully mislead in the past.

I thought I was an A went to a C then thought oh I'm only a D nope 40 F

Shadow... makes me think I need to get fitted. DAMN!

Shadow... makes me think I need to get fitted. DAMN!

+1 a bra fitting may be on the horizon after this

Forgive my male naievety but isnt a 34C and a 32E the same volume? Down 2 back inches up 2 bust inches?

Fair point, Pegguin.

I have no idea how sizing works, personally, I just know that it makes a huge difference to comfort and support.

My OH got measured a few years back. She couldn't believe she was so far out when buying bras.

Thinking I may need another fitting

like all clothes change sizes same with bras use as a rough guide but try on i bought 2 bras fron the same shop at the time same they were exactly the same bra one fit perfectly one not use as a rough guide iam a 42 gg

After reading this, I think I'll have to go get measured.

Yes me ! for many years I thought I was a 38 DD till I got professional measured and it turned out I'm a 34 H although I think I've dropped to a G now ! Know wonder I never felt comfortable in any bra I bought previously !

Makes me want to burn my bras, lol! Booby prisons...who needs 'em, maybe I'll just get some cling film and wrap it around myself a few times, then they won't sag hahaha 😂

For the record, thought I was a 38C...will I get measured?...hmm, now let's see where that tape went and the OH can do it later, hehe. Am sure he'll enjoy it as much (if not more than) me!

I have been buying 38 C / 36 D for at least the past 7 years or so... I was fitted after having a baby becasue some things ummm shifted LOL

Although my weight has gone down I havent seemed to have lost much breast volume (thank goodness)

I will probably wait through until after I recovery from surgery just to be safe.

I got fitted for a bra the other day, I have been wearing 36G/GG and they changed it to a 40F, which is ginormous! I think it's wrong though, because now the band is so loose that it rides all the way up my back, and I'm sure bras aren't supposed to do that. So maybe next time I'll try a 38G...

There was a brilliant item on itvs this morning few weeks back about bras, the wrong fitting bra can cause all sorts of issues to your health, look after our boobies girls :D

Your back size is most important bit!! To small or too big the back will rise, the perfect size should be straight across the mid back, the cup should cover and support with no fourth boob (bulges out the cup) no excess by the under arm and no bra marks!!, the straps shouldnt be what keeps the bra in place, two fingers shoukd be able to go right around the arm straps :) hope this helps..

pegguin wrote:

Forgive my male naievety but isnt a 34C and a 32E the same volume? Down 2 back inches up 2 bust inches?

Nope, completely different. The alternative to 34C would be a 32D :) I spend most of my time bra fitting ahaa.

It's not uncommon though. Often I find women wearing a 36 band when actually they should be wearing a 32, so quite a big difference. But as SassyKitten said, the band is the most important as that's what holds the bra in the right place.

TickleMeTots wrote:

pegguin wrote:

Nope, completely different. The alternative to 34C would be a 32D :) I spend most of my time bra fitting ahaa.

It's not uncommon though. Often I find women wearing a 36 band when actually they should be wearing a 32, so quite a big difference. But as SassyKitten said, the band is the most important as that's what holds the bra in the right place.

DD isnt it? Each letter is 1 inch, then they stick DD in because reasons.

pegguin wrote:

TickleMeTots wrote:

pegguin wrote:

DD isnt it? Each letter is 1 inch, then they stick DD in because reasons.

Basically DD is there because when bras were first made the designer wouldn't make bras past a D cup because anything bigger than that wasn't 'desirable', so instead of going up in the alphabet they made it DD or DDD (which is still the same now in Canada and other countries).

It would just be a 32D, if the band goes down 1 then cup goes up 1 as the size of the band alters the size of the cup. I have had this drilled into my head by two lingerie stores and my uni course :)

Also the band goes up in inches, but the cup goes up by mm which is so tireing to draft a pattern with!

I would not mind learning what cup size I actually am... I tried getting fitted three times, and I ended up with three different results. My problem is that my boobs are slightly unusual shapewise; I have a broad ribcage and my boobs are kind of "wide" rather than "classically big". That often means that with smaller cups I get these unsightly sideboobs, and bigger cups are a way too "deep" for me... How magnificent.