Implant Changing

I got acne basically everywhere and one day after washing my hair it looked like someone would have smeared it with butter, it was horrible. Gave my confidence a big turn, so happy to be on the pill again, they are atleast agreeing with me :)

I'm on my third implant now. I'm morbidly obese (135kg) so have fat arms and haven't had many problems. the last replacement was tricky as my skin is "mobile" as the nurse put it and the implant had softened and bent a little like they usually do, so we moved the placement of it, but I was given the option for that.

the Local anesthetic does sting a little, and you do feel pressure still but no pain. Last time I had mine done I bruised and kept the pressure dressing on for a few days, but about three months on its settled and I have no periods!

My second one was better than my first. My periods totally changed and only have light spotting every 3/4 months. It was a bit of a pain getting it out as tissue had grown around it. I had no option than to have it cut out and stitched. Although I didn't feel a thing.

Just an update ^_^

Got my implant changed over today a new one was fitted, unfortunetly it was difficult to remove as it had moved quite a bit & I lost quite a bit of blood so I'm home in bed fighting off the headache & dizziness but apart from that everythig else is good ^_^ Thanks again for everyones advice x

MissNoir wrote:

Just an update ^_^

Got my implant changed over today a new one was fitted, unfortunetly it was difficult to remove as it had moved quite a bit & I lost quite a bit of blood so I'm home in bed fighting off the headache & dizziness but apart from that everythig else is good ^_^ Thanks again for everyones advice x

You'll be right as rain very soon xxx

Having mine changed next week, can't foresee any probs xxx

Personally the implant has never been an option for me. I don't like the idea of it. The pill is the way for me. With the pill I can stop taking it of it affects me to much (my first brand on pill did that. My new one is good :D) where as the implant is there all the time. Wouldn't be able to get it out quick if I needed to.