Implant removal and sex drive

It's really amusing VR as I wanted the patches 😂 unfortunately I have high blood pressure.

Any one considering the mirena needs to fully research it and not rely on what Drs tell them. Once in place be very aware of subtle changes. I had one fit last year to reduce horrendously long periods. Long periods....no sex life. Little did I know what I was letting myself in for. At the 4 month mark I had a major panic attack from nowhere. Long sory short took 2 months to get it removed as strings were missing and in that time my mind and body went to hell. Was truly the worst experience of my life. I had 5months off work and still have ongoing issues even tho I am 10months post removal. Mainly vision issues. My post isn't to scare anyone but just be mindful it isn't all rosey for everyone. Drs don't tell you the possible side effects but are listed in the back of the patient booklet given after placement.

My wife has the implant and doesn’t affect her ether way

I had the implant years ago when they were pretty new, but found it suppressed both my sex drive and my whole demeanor. I currently have a Mirena which works great for me.

I agree about sterilisation being an extremely permanent solution and one to consider only if you are convinced that you won't want more (or any) children - I had my tubes clipped as I didn't want to prevent (now ex) husband having more children if we split up, as I had 3 but he had only the 1.

I used a diaphragm for years, and it was actually pretty damned good. You can wear it all day every day except for periods, taking it out daily for a wash and putting it back, and adding spermicide before sex. When I was young all the hormonal contraceptive methods upset my system, and the diaphragm was a joy in comparison.

I hope youmanage to work it out.