Improving pelvic floor after surgery

So I had surgery (subtotal hysterectomy) at a young age and now needing to work on improving pelvic floor to risk prolapse issues. Anyone any advice was thinking duo balls?

How long ago was your surgery? My sister had hers over a year ago and is doing well. Have you spoken to your consultant about the recommend exercises?

3 months ago now. Been advised to practice pelvic floor exercises and to watch any straining but that's all so far x

Lovehoney have a great range of kegal balls, including sets which allow you to start easier and work up. You should start large and lighter and work towards smaller and heavier.

However, I would strongly recommend speaking to a doctor and getting some medical advice before purchasing anything. It may be that they are happy for you to purchase anything, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Completely I have another appointment with gp soon as now been discharged as happy with my recovery. So will mention

3 months is still early so I would try gentle exercises first. I mentioned this on the forum recently actually, if you do the pull, clench and hold exercise. Any time you are stopped at traffic lights, any time adverts are on tv, if you are on the phone etc do them. You will notice a difference after a few weeks.

Yeah the clench is one I've been trying and holding for a short time before releasing to improve

Hi , I've had a hysterectomy and found I got surprisingly little information from my gp and consultant about things like pelvic floor exercise etc afterwards. I had to research everything myself!

Yes I agree have a chat with your gp when you back and ask about using kegel balls, I started using them about 10 months after my surgery but was doing pelvic floor exercises within about 6 weeks, gentle ones to start with.

Yeah I've been doing the gentle clench release hold technique for last few weeks but they aren't as open as thought would be

I had a radical hysterectomy recently, in my mid thirties. Three months to the day post op and I had sex. Couldn't wait any bloody longer, I was gagging!! I got a 'bloody good for you' when I told them at the follow-up a couple of days after. I also had to start using my dilators after that appointment so I can't imagine they would have any issues at all with you using anything internally. Just don't go in all guns blazing obviously!! Due to various complications I go to the women's health physiotherapist, who is bloody marvelous. She said if you are younger you just need to be careful you don't do too many as it can be detrimental, so I had a schedule to follow which got built up to what I now do. I can't remember details but can soon dig out the details of you are interested. Sadly I can no longer use my old kegel balls as my vag is now shorter and less roomy

... But I just need to get some smaller ones then I'll be ok! Soz for the lengthy reply!!

No this is fabulous thank you so much so many don't realise the changes - I've felt things now seem much tighter also with exercises meaning better and even climaxing together so Def carrying on the exercises to improve things

Good luck, sounds like it is going the right way

Yeah things definitely are - it's knocked my confidence a lot though